The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be thinking of something else, but as i said i recall it being pretty good. But, to be fair, if i don't remember any details that usually means it isn't a stand out beer at all. I also tend to agree with you on most of your beer selections, so maybe i am getting it confused with something else.

I went to a 3Floyds beer tasting last night, I'd never had their beer because it's not distributed on the east coast. All the beers were impressive and it was interesting to hear one of their head brewers talk about the process, naming, history and label art work of each beer. Well worth $35

The line up was:

Gumballhead - american wheat

Robert the Bruce - Scottish Ale

Topless Wytch - baltic porter

Alpha King - pale ale

Blackheart - UK IPA

Dreadnaught - IPA

Behemoth - Barley Wine

Dark Lord 2009 - Imperial Stout, this was hands down the highlight of the tasting

darklord08.jpg

• Like 1

GTFO w/ Blue Moon. Sorry, but I'm not really down w/ any of these 'micro' companies related to the big mass production companies.

What about shit like Boddingtons, very creamy beer? Some of the Bavarian styles have what is described as banana and clove flavors, which makes for a tasty brew.

why don't you like it crooked? I've had a couple, I liked them enough.

i just find them unimpressive and trying too hard.

a high alcohol percentage and a huge sugar content is no substitute for a certain level of ingenuity in brewing concepts and execution.

basically. i find them lazy. especially considering the breweries near them.