The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beer_guy_inside3_61308.jpg

Drinking one of these. Golden ales aren't really something i go out of the way to try, but i bought a 6 pack yesterday when i was up in Maine for some family, since i had no idea what kind of beer they liked and i figured a local golden ale would be a pretty safe bet. I drank my Vertical Epic, they didn't touch the beer, so I now have a 6pack of this. It's got a bit more of a bitter aftertaste than any other golden ale i've had, and it's actually pretty decent. I don't think i'd buy it again, but it's not one of those beers that you leave hiding in the back of your fridge to pawn off on guests who you don't like.

I attended SAVOR in Washington DC a month ago, this is my third year going and although its definitely an expensive ticket I think its one of the better beer festivals around.

http://www.savorcraftbeer.com/beer-food/beer-menu/

There were way too many beers to name all of the highlights but a few that really stood out were - Terrapin Capt'n Krunkles, the Brewers Art Green peppercorn tripel and Lost Abbey Carnevale

anchor-summer-beer_h-jpg.jpeg

My work just started stocking this. Meh... decent session beer I guess, and I suppose its a decent beer to drink outside on a hot summer day. This whole style seems pretty lackluster to me - "american pale wheat ale", AKA american hefeweisen. Lacking in everything that makes a real German Hef interesting.

I wasnt a big fan of that when i tried it either

had a reasonable weekend

sierra nevada torpedo IPA--solid, not my favorite, but i'll definitely buy again.

ninkasi kraken--'american strong ale,' i didn't really know what to expect but it was pretty delicious. more malty than i usually go for.

rogue brutal ipa--this was also delightful, nothing necessarily that you wouldn't expect from the name or the label, but solid.

some jello shots. yep. not a proud moment.

and a bunch of sierra celebration ale that i always love.

had a reasonable weekend

sierra nevada torpedo IPA--solid, not my favorite, but i'll definitely buy again.

ninkasi kraken--'american strong ale,' i didn't really know what to expect but it was pretty delicious. more malty than i usually go for.

rogue brutal ipa--this was also delightful, nothing necessarily that you wouldn't expect from the name or the label, but solid.

some jello shots. yep. not a proud moment.

and a bunch of sierra celebration ale that i always love.

where'd you get the kraken?

Blue moon....another post about it....like its great.. I rate it like I rate people. Blue Moon is that hick that found the cheap way to make something...you know with duck tape, glue, and a lack of nails...nothing tooo solidified. So many make it like they make homes...not to many construction companies really do the quality job and really BUILD that home thats worth living in. You know in a world of quality you get what you pay for and unless you really do the research you wont find the cheap golden nuggets. Stop wasting your time and stop wasting ours in this thread... Blue Moon is garbage! It might be good for a time but it isnt worth our time seeing the picture over and over again!

@ shortfuse, never said it was great. first time trying it and wanted to know some opinions on it...lol tryin' to educate self without reading through all these pages

oh my ahahha forgot about that post. bottle of red wine and beer had me twisted ahahha still though DOWN WITH BLUE MOON!

fist, which sierra 30th have you tried? I"ve had Fritz and Ken's imperial stout but haven"t tried the Bock. The barleywine should be released later this month.

had to look it up, didn't realize there are 4 of 'em.

i had the 'charlie fred and kens bock.'

i went to an amazing spot tonight. RED HOT in tacoma. its a hot dog bar. they had 10 or 12 good taps, and about 20 great bottles on hand.

had pliny the elder (can never go wrong with pliny) and anderson valley hop ottin' IPA. i've had a couple anderson's before and liked them, this was the same. very full ipa flavor, but not too hard of a punch in the finish.

and for the record. not drinking for 6 months and losing ten pounds makes me an incredibly cheap date/light weight. sheesh. hard buzzing on 2 beers.