Sopranos

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
At first I was disappointed during the 6pm showing, but after I had a few hours to think about it, then rewatch it at 9, I figured out what happened.

The VIEWER was whacked, not Tony. Tony had a discussion w/ Bobby about dying, and supposedly all you see is black and hear nothing.

Some think this was supposed to signify Tony getting killed, but it is not that simple or cheesy.

The last few minutes in the Diner scene, the tension is mounting for the viewer. You see time is running out, you are eyeing everyone in the restaurant. Everytime the door bell jingles you look up.

This is the world of Tony, never knowing when someone is gunna whack you, constant anxiety.

However, Tony was pretty calm during that scene. The only one who was anxious is the viewer, and while WE spent all of our time focusing on Tony, BAM, lights out, we got whacked.

The last scene is not Tony looking at the door thru his eyes, it is looking at Tony thru our eyes. Life goes on for The Family, there will be a tomorrow, but the viewer will not get to follow the exploits of the Soprano family, we were killed off.

I like it.

bravo. It would probably have taken me a day or two more to have theorized this, and you got it after three hours. nice/

i don't give a shit about what these dudes are saying on blogs or here, there's to much fucking money that can come from a sopranos movie to kill tony in that diner. there's plenty of room for a feature film now.

As much as i would LOVE a movie, I really dont think its going to happen. Producers of top quality shows like this one like to end it on a high note when the viewers are begging for more...

On an unrelated note i remember when seinfeld was over and people were saying that he would come back/release the alternate endings etc....It never happened.

"I have no interest in explaining, defending, reinterpreting, or adding to what is there," he says of the final scene.

"No one was trying to be audacious, honest to God," he adds. "We did what we thought we had to do. No one was trying to blow people's minds, or thinking, 'Wow, this'll (tick) them off.' People get the impression that you're trying to (mess) with them and it's not true. You're trying to entertain them."

-David Chase

(I'm bored)

I thought the guy in the bathroom was a fed... too many things to read into... crazy, I can't believe they did this shit.... fucking cliffhanger of all cliffhangers... they can't just leave it off like that, especially with fucking Journey.... get the fuck outta here!

i dont think he was a fed. feds normally roll in pairs and dont sit around dolo all paranoid like that, the black dudes in the front looked real out of place too like they were pretending to be doing something and scoping out the scene. i was getting the feeling that the reason meadow was late/too nervous to park a car that park automatically was because she was nervous about telling her parents she was pregnant.

• 4 years later...

i watched it from start to finish in a few weeks once, gave all my dvds to my bro while he lived in a halfway house and now they are gone i think.

worth buying the set. probably my favorite show ever, any of you who dont know....Boardwalk Empire is done by some of the same production folks or writers or some shit and that is really awesome too.

worth buying the set. probably my favorite show ever

4125dad2.jpg

Deff one of the best TV shows ever (tied with Entourage and Oz for my favorite, The Wire being a close second). Bought every season on DVD and it was well worth it. Still watch it to this day, despite how many times I've seen every episode. HBO makes the greatest series bar none imo.

4125dad2.jpg

Deff one of the best TV shows ever (tied with Entourage and Oz for my favorite, The Wire being a close second). Bought every season on DVD and it was well worth it. Still watch it to this day, despite how many times I've seen every episode. HBO makes the greatest series bar none imo.

wow my thoughts exactly. how to make it in america is awesome as well

^HBO series FTW.

I can't place Oz over The Wire...I liked it, but it just got way too unbelievable for me to take it any more seriously than mindless entertainment, ala Sons of Anarchy.

The Sopranos (aside from the whole episode dream sequences) was top notch though. Deadwood and Carnivale are two other well done ones that get little to no shine on the oontz.

• 9 years later...
1 minute ago, abrasivesaint said:

Oh shit, i heard his son played him but i thought they meant his son in the show haha.. this makes more sense. 

couple leaked shots but no proper teaser yet that i know of 

577C5E04-3227-417E-8B1D-8C925DFEAE9C.jpeg