The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

FDS ( Fat , Drunk & Stupid ) II , Too Fat Too Skate , Too Dumb To Not , should be on video soon . My buddy Grady's 2nd film . I'm told my cameo masked-rider part will be in it . I'll post it for all to see on here when I get it . :lol:

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I don't really skate any more but I still enjoy videos, this is one of the cleanest edits I've seen in a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcVKDkTId2A&feature=player_embedded

Around the 2:40 mark is such a gnarly ass gap...

The hydrant gap at 1:27 is a block from my house ... its a BEAST ... the bump wants to push you straight to the sky and the hydrant is deep. I have thrown myself at it multiple times and have yet to come away with even an ollie. I have one on film that is a bit to the side and shot from across the street so it looks ok ... but I know its fake.

2:40 to 3:07 is Boo Johnson ... kid is killing it !!!

Boo Johnson is wack. Him and John White came here to skate and they couldn't even skate this ledge. they said it was "too crusty". couldn't even noseslide it while the homie was backlippin' it. I just don't have much respect for people that can only skate perfect spots.

I know what you mean.

East coast spots are mostly garbage.

It produces quality well rounded skaters most times.

Kids that grew up in parks are impressive, but if they can't skate anywhere else it gets boring watching them.

I saw Bucky Laseck at Lansdowne in Maryland and he was throwing tantrums because he couldn't do some flip trick on a bank. That shit is corny.

Cleveland has some of the gnarliest weather , and is too poor of a city to ever fix anything correctly . I've seen pros stop by and were perplexed at how we took to skating the city . It's a very old city , so the architecture reflects it . It's pretty rad because there's a shit ton of marble and so many banks / loading docks to hit up .

Grindline just visited with the city of Cleveland all day yesterday , and we might have our first concrete park , right down in the West Bank of The Flats . I still love going on road trips , but shouldn't have to drive an hour or 2 in any direction just to skate a decent park . :cool:

i just heard about this. seems like a pretty sweet idea:

skatepark2.jpg?w=507&h=448

A new, 16,000 square foot skate park is now under construction near the 1964 World’s Fair site in Flushing Meadows Corona Park. In a subtle nod to the mash-up of architectural styles typical of many historic World’s Fairs, the course will feature elements inspired by popular street skating spots around New York City:

Original Brooklyn Banks 9-stair replica rail

Union Square rail/steps

Police Plaza 7-stair rail/various stairs

Ziegfeld ledge

Chrystie Park ledge

Exchange Place street gap

JFK Banks

Con Ed Banks

Pyramid ledges

Flushing Meadows Park ledge-over-the-grate replica

Various rails in public parks and the aesthetics of many of the spots in Brooklyn