The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

These are the 3 Grindline renditions I liked for Cleveland .

This is a proposed design for Jefferson Skatepark in Seattle , WA .

5b-big1-1023x593.jpg

This was a proposed design for a Wilminton , OH park .

demo4.jpg

And one of my favorite parks I've ever been to , Riley Skate park in Farmington Hills , MI .

11784_3334139588_c6f0720b89.jpg

About 75% of the audience at last night's meeting with Grindline & The City Of Cleveland Representatives liked these 3 , or liked elements of the 3 I picked .

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Boo Johnson is wack. Him and John White came here to skate and they couldn't even skate this ledge. they said it was "too crusty". couldn't even noseslide it while the homie was backlippin' it. I just don't have much respect for people that can only skate perfect spots.

I would say spoiled, not wack... It does accurately show anyone from areas that are not pristine are way more rugged. Both those dudes are living out the lifestyle, and if they want to pass on a rugged spot its not like their van isn't going to pull up to a better spot (in their eyes) sometime soon. If that makes them bitch made to you ... cool, you are a Pac Northwesterner (I think) and I feel there is so much under-rated un-sponsored talent up there.

Dissing dudes over one experience at one of your local spots seems a bit harsh ... Boo's footy shows me a kid that knows how to get shit done (and he has been nothing but a mellow kid anytime I have been around him, not that I have done anything more than say "whats up" to him)

Sponsorship is only partially based in your skills on a skateboard. A lot of it boils down to marketability, look at TK !!! Just because someone is sponsored, I don't expect anything more of them than any other random ripper at the local spot/park.

Sponsorship is only partially based in your skills on a skateboard. A lot of it boils down to marketability, look at TK !!! Just because someone is sponsored, I don't expect anything more of them than any other random ripper at the local spot/park.

Werd . :cool:

i just heard about this. seems like a pretty sweet idea:

skatepark2.jpg?w=507&h=448

I'll bet having to pick up your board and walk back up the hill after duking it out with 20 kids trying to hit the same 2 or 3 obstacle run gets old after a while.

They should have put more thought into the flow.

At least they didn't just build some wack ass bowel I guess.

RIP Banks.

1993 Red Cross / Black Label Jeff Grosso w/ 149mm Indy Stage X's , OJ III Juice 58mm / 97a wheels . That Spitfire skate bag is big enough to go to war with , or camping out of when going on road trips .

29298_1400556688340_1064987301_3119.jpg

I love my OJ wheels , 97a is softer than most Street guy's 101a wheels , and perfect for concrete or wood . I usually skate 60-63mm on older setups , but the 58mm rotates a lot quicker . Powell Swiss bearings are a must . Hell you can make a pair last a year or two if you clean and take care of them .

29298_1400557928371_1064987301_3119.jpg

I've worn Van's most of my life from the age of 13 ( 1989 ) , since I C.O.D. ordered a pair of Caballero's from Skully Brothers . Most Van's have shitty , throwaway insoles . I found the best combo are insoles from the new CONS shoes . I will most likely be buried in a pair of Van's when I die..lol

29298_1400561928471_1064987301_3119.jpg

Pendleton shirt + West Side Skates hat . West Side Til' I Die , that's my local shop . Represent . :cool:

30298_1399781988973_1064987301_3119.jpg

Cleveland has some of the gnarliest weather , and is too poor of a city to ever fix anything correctly . I've seen pros stop by and were perplexed at how we took to skating the city . It's a very old city , so the architecture reflects it . It's pretty rad because there's a shit ton of marble and so many banks / loading docks to hit up .

Grindline just visited with the city of Cleveland all day yesterday , and we might have our first concrete park , right down in the West Bank of The Flats . I still love going on road trips , but shouldn't have to drive an hour or 2 in any direction just to skate a decent park . :cool:

I saw that shit too. They're taking down that metal piece of shit behind the rock hall, and hopefully get jiggy with a new set up. Vince Frantz that designed the lakewood park is gonna be headin it up again I believe.

Also, I have Westside like 8 westside shirts floating around, and a ton of their decks. been goin there for almost nine years now.

THe new shop is kickass, and Josh and Brian hook you up!

Join the PSG ( Public Square Group ) , it's free . :cool:

That piece of shit setup by The Rock Hall is gone or will be gone soon..haven't been around there in a long time to verify .

The new shop is amazing , and I've helped build a lot of it with Brian , and Jimmy Diamond has done a lot of fabricating for the place . Brian & Mandi are rad people , known Brian for 20 years . Josh is my homey and has a Guy Mariano & Brian Herman fetish ( 15-20 pairs of Herman 2's in every color , still in the box . And always has at least 4-5 pairs of Guy Mariano Spitfire 53mm wheels on reserve ) that rivals most . :lol:

The back of the shop has a lofted space , with a metal spiral staircase . Transitions are being cut for the mini w/ bowl attachment . The Art Gallery / Movie premiere area has been set up better . The place evolves every month , which is awesome that there's room to do it .

I would say spoiled, not wack... It does accurately show anyone from areas that are not pristine are way more rugged. Both those dudes are living out the lifestyle, and if they want to pass on a rugged spot its not like their van isn't going to pull up to a better spot (in their eyes) sometime soon. If that makes them bitch made to you ... cool, you are a Pac Northwesterner (I think) and I feel there is so much under-rated un-sponsored talent up there.

Dissing dudes over one experience at one of your local spots seems a bit harsh ... Boo's footy shows me a kid that knows how to get shit done (and he has been nothing but a mellow kid anytime I have been around him, not that I have done anything more than say "whats up" to him)

Yeah, Seattle born and raised. Maybe the spots up here are just too crusty for some people. But throw any good skater in an environment perfect for skating and they can sure as hell make a pretty good part. i.e california, arizona etc.

Join the PSG ( Public Square Group ) , it's free . :cool:

That piece of shit setup by The Rock Hall is gone or will be gone soon..haven't been around there in a long time to verify .

The new shop is amazing , and I've helped build a lot of it with Brian , and Jimmy Diamond has done a lot of fabricating for the place . Brian & Mandi are rad people , known Brian for 20 years . Josh is my homey and has a Guy Mariano & Brian Herman fetish ( 15-20 pairs of Herman 2's in every color , still in the box . And always has at least 4-5 pairs of Guy Mariano Spitfire 53mm wheels on reserve ) that rivals most . :lol:

The back of the shop has a lofted space , with a metal spiral staircase . Transitions are being cut for the mini w/ bowl attachment . The Art Gallery / Movie premiere area has been set up better . The place evolves every month , which is awesome that there's room to do it .

Lol man I didn't know that about JOsh. I'm on my second pair of herman 2's but they're shredded. I wear 13s usually, but had to get twelves in this, so the first month my feet are pissed. But when they're broken in.... :cool:

I would agree with this as far as large companies go. Smaller ones seem to be all about shredders.

Whatever about those banks. They're not that great. Move on. It's like people going crazy over Love Park being a bust. Giant cities have many awesome places to skate. I understand the nostalgia and all, but come on. Not to mention the fact that there is only a small group of people who shred those things. Most people act like it's 1990 and roll up the bank, do some shitty flip trick and roll back down. That shit is boring.

ALL HAIL CARDIEL.

• Like 1

Whatever about those banks. They're not that great. Move on. It's like people going crazy over Love Park being a bust. Giant cities have many awesome places to skate. I understand the nostalgia and all, but come on. Not to mention the fact that there is only a small group of people who shred those things. Most people act like it's 1990 and roll up the bank, do some shitty flip trick and roll back down. That shit is boring.

ALL HAIL CARDIEL.

i hear you to an extent......i was happy to skate pier 7 before it got squashed. i wasnt trying to pull a banger and impress anyone. im some random out of town cat from detroit....locals already dont give a fuck. haha. either way...i was bummed when i went back a couple years later...and it was barred up. i agree that said famous spots are not the end all and be all of that citys skateboarding...but it is fun as an out of towner to skate spots that you have been seeing in print or in video for the past 15-20 years.

(even if it is just a lame flip trick....or in my case when i was at pier 7; shuv to manual 180 out. i wont front...i felt a bit lame when cats were busting nollie nose manual nollie tre out.)

Cleveland has some of the gnarliest weather , and is too poor of a city to ever fix anything correctly . I've seen pros stop by and were perplexed at how we took to skating the city . It's a very old city , so the architecture reflects it . It's pretty rad because there's a shit ton of marble and so many banks / loading docks to hit up .

Grindline just visited with the city of Cleveland all day yesterday , and we might have our first concrete park , right down in the West Bank of The Flats . I still love going on road trips , but shouldn't have to drive an hour or 2 in any direction just to skate a decent park . :cool:

my dude...i feel you (n/h). come skate street in detroit. i swear...there isnt one patch of smooth street for longer than 100ft. not to mention there needs to be yearly waxing on every ledge.

BK banks is still open for business..they got a little skate park with modules next to the bank too..the handrail is still there..the only thing thats not skatable anymore is the gap over the ledge where you land in the highway

That part of the banks has been shut down to skating since they stationed some cops there after 911.

I'm pretty sure they're talking about the big bank where everyone skates (where you're talking about) being shut down for construction.

Or at least going to be last I heard.