The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I've been warrantied on my snowboard and have been given $650 of store cred to a massive skate/snowboard store and I already have a new snowboard.

I'm thinking of getting a longboard for bombing hills, can anyone recommend a decent setup?

Thanks

To each their own , a lot of dudes are going for the Loaded " Dervish " or the Original " Apex 37 " or a Landyachtz . I personally think drop-out trucks look retarded , but that's just me and I don't longboard . Original trucks are some of the best with adjustable/removable spring rates . Orangatang Yellow " Stimulus " wheels in 70mm 86a are perfect for sliding . If possible support your local skate shop that sells this stuff . I know a lot of people go for the easy sale on the internet , and if you have to go this route check out Daddie's Board Shop in Portland ( http://www.daddiesboardshop.com ) . A good deal is usually found on their site . Good luck . :cool:

Just heard Emmanuel Guzman & David Gravette left VOX for C1RCA...:eek:

Wonder if VOX is gonna go under , thought for sure shitty DVS would but still seeing new ads for DVS shoes ?

I was given a free pair of the VOX " Spliff Life " Gravette Troopers recently , and will park em' on a shelf . Never liked C1RCA no matter how much I love Ramondetta & Lowcard Mag .

you put dvs and vox in the same boat?

dvs seems to have way more of a core following than vox.

i never really like vox...then again...im a retired sneaker head, so what do i know.

i never really like c1rca either...but their team has always impressed me(for the last 5 years, haha)

VOX = The less-cared about Punk Rock shoe company...it's sad because their shoes looked like crap and they were just starting to turn around with some good designs ( Like the Hewitt 2 Anti Hero shoe ) .

Sure will , probably going to have a carload of peeps with me . :cool: