The Skateboard Thread

SPORTO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
It's nice to see a dude i liked watching back in the day actually grow the fuck up and talk like a respectable adult with a couple real pieces of wisdom.

my boy who skated for affiliate told me that lavar is mad cool...dude is just a few sandwiches short of a picnic....however dude sounds well grounded in this interview. that nollie varial heel into that bank was buttersworth.

from the air that Denver park looks pretty fun.

Detroit has no money. Especially for some shit like

this but i think a big cement park in the city could

have a positive impact on young people in town.

Really isnt a whole lot of positive things for a kid

in the city to do and a skateboard is cheap enough.

Years back between myself and a few friends

we could have and would have donated a handfull of used

but not used up completes and probably 50 decks and

some spare parts if someone with a plan was committed to

putting them to good use in the right hands

went to a pretty decent indoor park in springfield, ma today, dude running it was tearing shit up.. as were a lot of the younger kids, definitely saw some potential and some kids shredding out there.. good to see.

then we went and skated this awesome bank/ledge spot in downtown, 13 sets, big bank, ledges all across the top with a handrail behind them... so you could pop on the ledge, then pop over the rail and land in the bank... it was all fun in games until someone cracks their head open on a front crook pop out.

so..

i was better at breaking bones than i was at skating, so i quit.

i ride a fixed gear because it what works for minnesota winter commuting and putzing around town,

but fixed gear freestyling is one of the dumbest things i've ever seen anyone take seriously

especially on skateparks

/end rant

i ride a fixed gear because it what works for minnesota winter commuting and putzing around town,

If I still lived in either Eagen or Minneapolis , I'd run your trend-speed over with my Jeep , but give you a sweet old school setup to skate and cruise around town . :cool:

If I still lived in either Eagen or Minneapolis , I'd run your trend-speed over with my Jeep , but give you a sweet old school setup to skate and cruise around town . :cool:

i misworded. it's my winter/putzing bike.

all my other bikes have gears except my bmx; and i commute 15-20 miles a day minimum, so skating isnt exaclt an option

/borderline wrong thread.

yeah i would consider throwing things at fixsters in skateparks

http://skateboarding.transworld.net/1000109341/features/video-check-out-george-c-moreno/

The homie George... kid's a ripper and a really solid dude. glad to see him getting some attention. knox and i would end up fucking with him way more than he deserved because he has/had a legitimate case of ocd. we'd throw newspapers around and just fuck things up because he would have to fix 'em...

i guess he's laughing at us now haha!