random thots

Mr. Peanut

18 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

I think extensive arguments should be up for review in ch0, if they don’t go into pm after requests.

But in the news section, the gloves are off. The whole section is set up for disagreement, like @One Man Bannedsaid. Politics are a dirty world, so people will get mad, argue, and take jabs if are being discussed. All of us who contribute in there are equally guilty of doing it at one point or another. Personally I think that’s half the fun.

The strict “No politics” rule for ch0 now was a good call too.

To clarify I haven't said it's set up for that, it's the individuals in there that make it that way.  There's nothing wrong with arguing per se and due to the personal nature of politics it invites spirited debate, arguments, and even insults.  Check a book of anecdotes, our political forefathers have thrown some amazing shade, often in a manner that makes a point while delivering lols that can still be appreciated today.  That's not what happens in there.  I've seen people abuse their "authority" to try to prove their point, or because they were unable to prove their point.  I've seen people try to create rules in an attempt to guide arguments in the manner and way they want it to go.  People employ lines of thinking that are irrational or illogical to try to prove their point and when challenged on that double down and stamp their feet.  There are threads from there or related to there that present as if they are for discussion of the topic when the people posting are clearly set in their minds and are really there to argue why any other opinion is wrong.  People gang up on each other.  It's poor showmanship, an all around shit show, but it's not the subject but rather the participants that make it such.  I mainly stopped going in there long ago because people can't handle it.  I've long wanted to point some of this out to @misteraven because much of the responsibility of this falls on him and since I'm writing it out I'm giving him the mention.  

• Like 5
  • Props 2
  • LOL! 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
18 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

To clarify I haven't said it's set up for that, it's the individuals in there that make it that way.  There's nothing wrong with arguing per se and due to the personal nature of politics it invites spirited debate, arguments, and even insults.  Check a book of anecdotes, our political forefathers have thrown some amazing shade, often in a manner that makes a point while delivering lols that can still be appreciated today.  That's not what happens in there.  I've seen people abuse their "authority" to try to prove their point, or because they were unable to prove their point.  I've seen people try to create rules in an attempt to guide arguments in the manner and way they want it to go.  People employ lines of thinking that are irrational or illogical to try to prove their point and when challenged on that double down and stamp their feet.  There are threads from there or related to there that present as if they are for discussion of the topic when the people posting are clearly set in their minds and are really there to argue why any other opinion is wrong.  People gang up on each other.  It's poor showmanship, an all around shit show, but it's not the subject but rather the participants that make it such.  I mainly stopped going in there long ago because people can't handle it.  I've long wanted to point some of this out to @misteraven because much of the responsibility of this falls on him and since I'm writing it out I'm giving him the mention.  

F7D92ABA-F0A4-44DF-A8C3-1A7D848DDFB1.jpeg

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

6 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Might be more accurate to frame that as he's welcome to share his side and you can share your side if you wish, and then oontzers can search through the middle for the truth.  I was unaware anything occurred and found myself wondering where dude went.  Hadn't intended on a public display here, although it sounds like it was all public so perhaps no real issue there.    

I will say that since my OP it was said to me by another that you guys had some form of disagreement, the final round of which was him name calling you and you suspending him.  Mind you I have no idea who said what about what, but I'll say something doesn't smell right there, particularly when there's very little that is collectively viewed as unacceptable or in need of censoring on here.  Related, worth pointing out that Raven, with the support of other oontzers, has tried many times to revitalize this site by growing our numbers.  When you have only a handful of people, it hurts the collective to get rid of someone unless they're breaking the criminal code here or abusing the system somehow.

Going to Jerry Springer in a final thot here, related to the above & not.  The News section is like the 2020 of this forum.  At best it could be renamed as the Player Hater's Ball, or Let Me Tell You Why I'm Right & You're Wrong, or even Watch Me Hold My Boy's Nuts While He Swordfights You.  There's little news, and much less that's informative going on there.  Most, if not all of the people participating in there play a negative roll in that.  

It was utterly ridiculous. A guy who has spent years hurling personal abuse at people and said that he's not a mod, used his mod powers to suspend some one for hurling personal abuse at him.

This place hit its lowest point and it was the signal for me to leave too. I engage with @lord_casekat the moment in the news section, because we have a bit of history and I respect him, but that's the end of it for me. I'll post some local graff pics from time-to-time - it's what brought me here in the first place - but that's going to be it. Pity.

• Like 3
  • Truth 2

5 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

I too got in touch with Raven to let him know why I wasn't going to get involved anymore - not because I wanted to target those I felt were at fault, but because he mentioned me in a post and I felt that after enjoying this place for close to 15 years, I felt I owed him that respect. His response to me only reinforced why he deserves respect.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

7 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Mission accomplished, that shit is damn good.  I figured it out- it's the pickles.  Some cultures add them, others don't.  

I never noticed, but now that you mentioned this I am forever going to build a keen sense thats gonna slowly snowball towards becoming a Shawarma Connoisseur.

12 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

It was utterly ridiculous. A guy who has spent years hurling personal abuse at people and said that he's not a mod, used his mod powers to suspend some one for hurling personal abuse at him.

This place hit its lowest point and it was the signal for me to leave too. I engage with @lord_casekat the moment in the news section, because we have a bit of history and I respect him, but that's the end of it for me. I'll post some local graff pics from time-to-time - it's what brought me here in the first place - but that's going to be it. Pity.

Wait, what happened? 

I missed a whole lot of drama or something. Last I saw we were all cool with one another and other than the ball busting that was happening there was no banning and whatnot going on. 

Lame. Whatever. We'll get this place back on track. News/Crossfire doesn't need to be the focus. 12oz has a lot more to offer than the politics section. 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

Alot of you seem to be beating around the bush and hinting at me "abusing" power.  Call it what you will.  We can't have a discussion with name calling. 

Your boy was told once before to leave his personal insults out of the conversation and he couldn't resist.  His recent vacation was not his first and a clear cut example of "not learning your lesson."

I've said, I don't know how many times now, that if you want to call someone names or threaten them, or tell them you're going to hold their balls while they sword fight or wtf ever it is..... that can all be done in DM.  There's nothing socially redeeming for anyone here about seeing people call eachother names.

If this excites you, if you like seeing drama, just watch jerry springer or go rubber neck at a traffic fatality.  This is a graffiti site for graffiti.  All of your taboo discussion is extra.  All of your politics are extra.

I was just contacted by a member here last week about people making threats to one another on here.  Do you think that's a community that people want to be a part of?  Where people are threatening each other and calling each other names?

Fuck that.  I've done WORK for this site and all I'm hearing is complaining about how you guys want anarchy on this site.

If you want no rules, then everyone should just post up their home addresses, IP addresses, and places of work.  Things could get real "no rules" real quick and your discussions could be as heated as you wanted, in person.  You could call names and follow up on your threats, not making them empty and you seem like a little bitch that is just playing keyboard cowboy on the internet.

You see how retarded a scenario like that sounds?  Yeah, thought so.

I've noticed that many of you pass likes out to your homies only and draw a clear polarizing line between who you like and who you don't.  In contrast, I've seen people on the other side of that line like EVERYONE's posts at times.

Some of you all have created enemies inside your head on this site.  Me, I don't give a fuck.  I like some of you guys, some of you aren't people I'd befriend in real life, by choice..... but when I log off here and go on about my day, I'm done w/ it. 

I'm not mad at you, I don't love you.  I don't really care.  All this bitchy moaning and complaining is making me really not care even more.

• Like 1
  • Props 2

@Dirty_habiT You and I disagree politically but I feel like we’ve always been respectful of each other regardless. When I suggest a singular moderator it’s not a jab at anyone moderating in general. I just believe that, with such a small community as of now, seniority ranking rubs people the wrong way. When arguing and their is a suggested superiority in anyway, people are going to get pissed. This site is full of people that have hated authority their entire lives, and for the most part, still do. So you have to understand that there will be anger when contested by someone who’s rank is higher than yours. I don’t agree with suspending people. I think with the power had, comments can be deleted if considered hostile. And messages can be sent. Even suspension from a certain thread.

But like everyone else who’s active here... I want to see this grow again. And as of now I feel like it’s doing the opposite and it’s important to address why that is.

Its ravens site so it’s undisputed that his say goes when it comes to what is on it. Wasn’t any attack. Just my random thot.

• Like 3

Will say again that @misteraven is kind of needed on the floor, not related to any one person but for the Oontz in general.  At it's best 12oz is a functioning dysfunctional family (for good & bad), but the family has an absentee parent and behaves as one might expect under those circumstances.  @Dark_Knight posted while I was writing this but he kind of hits another contributing factor that Raven needs to address.  He's got a number of, um, Native Americans running things here.  They're all from different tribes and they're all trying to be the big chief, but that's Raven's job.  He might need to reset or restate the hierarchy or at least the expectations. 

I have little issue w/ 99% of people here.  Overall I haven't been in or particpated in News in maybe a year now and haven't been involved with many of these beefs, but I've seen some of what's happened because of how Raven had the site configured for a bit or because I went to Activity and didn't catch that a thread was part of News when I read the post.  I'm pretty sure I've seen you @Dirty_habiT post something along the lines of people needing to have thicker skin, man up, if shit bothers you, you should gtfo.  Maybe not your exact words, but similar message.   You're mainly right that name calling is not the best way to facilitate a conversation.  The other side of that though is that people have a right to their opinions and to express them, even if it's not flattering to you.  It's up to you whether you personalize it, respond in kind, or maybe be the bigger person.  Also going to say that you made a call on what to do.  There's no rule saying the community can't question that call or be unhappy about it.  In younger 12oz that happened pretty frequently, although the suspended or banned was probably a little more deserving.  Point is, that's been part of the culture here for a long time.  Again, I wasn't there reading your argument, you guys got into it, I don't know if something in your approach maybe invited insult.  Regardless, I think you're right that you don't need to be insulted, but I think you may be wrong for suspending someone for what sounds like "he sassed me."

I don't think anyone has questioned your administrative work here.  You've struggled before between being an admin and kind of having to take over mod duties as a default.  That might be unfair to you, I don't know the arrangement and not really my business.  Personally, I've always viewed 12oz as a graf site and it's a shame that that's where it's most lacking now.  I believe that any time I've called on you to moderate you have, and I'm grateful for that because it's always been on the graf side of the house.  There is a bit of a criminal code to be respected here and there are times where some things are better left unsaid or unposted.  

It's funny you mention the likes, I think they're important to people, but I also believe they're much more important for some people than others, like it really does stroke their ego.  I'm not here for that.  I like to encourage thread participation with a positive reaction, or just because I really reacted that way.  At the same time, we've had a few bad actors here before and I see no need to encourage or entertain them if they don't know how to handle themselves or they do banworthy shit.  The likes may appear meaningless, but I understand how they're not.

I'm running short on time for now, have to wrap it up like Chappelle.  Again, poor behavior in that section has been shown by multiple people, it's not all about Dhabz.  

• Like 2

I’m not gonna speak on things I do not know of but I will point out a few things from my POV 

mind you, I’m a simple minded person. I only worry about what will immediately and directly affect me. I have no problems with anyone on here -if it’s not reciprocated, I have zero clue of it.  
I came back last year, made some connections and stayed around.  
I don’t go into the news section. But when news type debates started  flowing over to ch. 0 then I started changing ALL of my notifications. I have never done that since I have been a member. 
some of you look absolutely fucking foolish the way you handled yourselves -let’s start with name calling. I’ll argue both sides 
what are we, 7?  No we are grown ass adults that can fucking handle a few names, I thought. 
 A graffiti site.  Filled with told and untold stories of the violence n shit that has happened in the past and now all of a sudden we can’t handle name calling ?  I’m glad I witnessed some of the pettiness. Some of you have shown that you break.  Easy. 
and by break I mean- you have given someone that much control over you to alter your state. weak. Then you start to lose your credibility with me. 

but on the flip -I am also not tryin to perpetuate negativity.
I see some on here who just try to educate.  FYI-that is a great tactic to get someone to see your side as opposed to responding with half assed threats and reminding people  of the control you have. 

I agree with A lot of what. @One Man Bannedsays and appreciate those words being spoken. 
I love my people here.  Sadly I don’t have many others in my life. I look up to you boys and learn a lot. I would like to continue that.  
I am typing in the cold on my way into work.  I’m sorry if this is all over and would clarify any misunderstandings.

(it is now lunch) 

finishing up-

i don’t know the solution  but it’s not my job to know the solution 

the bullshit is def making me lose interest.  I’ll continue to post but if I wanted to watch grown ass men  swing their dicks around I would just look  in my own stash of your dick pics. 

• Like 4
  • LOL! 2

I can respect that.  I just think name calling on the internet is weak... unless you want to agree that when you start threatening someone that you're going to tell them:

1. where your kids go to school.

2. where your parents live

3. where you live

4. where your bf/gf lives

5. links to all your social accounts.

It will be super easy to "collect payment" from someone that thinks they "owe you something" if that person would just post up their info along with their name calling or threat.

I'm not into dox'ing people.  Never have been.  For those of you that want to be bad ass to one another, just post up your info, let the person come to you and handle it.  It's really simple, be a bad ass and back it up if you're really bad ass enough to call someone names.  I don't think ANYONE here is going to do that. 

Calling out every last person reading this that thinks it's ok to call another person names.

If you don't agree w/ me, post your info.  And then sling away on the name calling and threats as you see fit.

How about in the News section people can have respectful discussion and that's it.  If you can't do that, then stay  out.  If you bring your political mindset over into Ch0 with you and start calling people names then you're clearly, again, not capable of self control and should re-evaluate the contribution you are REALLY providing with your post.

I don't know which users they are, but I see it all the time..... one is always putting the trash emoji on the other one's posts.... even though they're not posts that are in any way offensive.... and this goes back and  forth.  I'm sure someone else reading here has seen this too.  I just don't understand it though because, what is being won or lost by doing that?

MANY of you are enjoyable folks, each with their own merits, no question about it.  For some reason, the ability to understand the absolute NEED for order around here is lost on a lot of you that are vocal.

• Like 4
  • LOL! 1

6 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

I opened my phone to google a phone number and ended up staring blankly at this 12oz shit for like 15 mins wondering why my phone is even out in the first place.

I do this quite often.  I'll be thinking about something and then go to google it and nexthing I know 20mins pass, and I realize I am oontzing and forgot what I was suppose to google in the first place.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 2

@Dirty_habiTGoing to disagree w/ you.  Name calling may be a lower order or less civilized way of doing things but there's no rules against it in debate or elsewhere.  I've said somewhere in this thread before, and was given props for saying, that sometimes you have to politely tell someone to go fuck themselves.  Sometimes less politely.  You were the one telling others to have thicker skin, you may have to fatten up here.  Threats.... guess it depends where people go with that and how serious.  As I said before, we've definitely found some humor on here before about people making interwebz threats, especially when it occurs between people with little chance of ever seeing each other.  That's good entertainment, and hopefully a lesson in anger management for the person being laughed at.

I also want to get back to my comments yesterday.  Was having a stellar day, everything coming up Millhouse, and had to run to be somewhere on time before I could round some of that out.  I believe there are multiple people playing unfairly in the News section but tbh DHabz I've seen you be one of them at times.  Also re: likes, you have your cheerleaders too, and you certainly cheered your team on plenty as well.  

There is a need for order here, but from Raven IMO.  I believe that some of your calls for order may be a little self serving.  You said this is a site for graffiti so let's try to look at the whole site in that context.  If you had all the writers back on here, there would almost certainly be beefs, maybe even blood wars, never forgive action, dudes who deserve to be crossed out forever.  How you going to handle that if you can't manage name calling?

Part of what I saw occurring in News is somewhat like bullying.  I think it may be hard for some of the people in there to understand that others made the choice to be the bigger person by leaving, and that somehow emboldened the "bullies" there into thinking that somehow that made them right or that the person who left is somehow weak or can't handle it.

I'm going to give you 2 personal examples.  In one case a person was trying to argue a point with  nothing to back it, but they publicly said they would back it up in DM.    I went DM w/them and they had nothing, and I returned to the forum and said pretty much that.  The person then used this to try to say that I had revealed their personal info, and used that as an excuse to reveal my personal info.  Now what they said wasn't exactly personal, but it was something that IMO falls into the category of shit that shouldn't be said publicly on the forum.  However, the real issue is that their intent was to reveal my personal info.  I manned up, DM'd them, asked them to point out where I had wronged them in line with their accusation and told them what they did was fucked up.  They couldn't because I hadn't done anything, and couldn't man up and apologize.  Sorry, that's a bitch move IMO.  Let's also consider this is a graf site steeped in criminality, and that's some shit you simply do not do.  That's an abuse of privilege/"power" and I would have been well within my rights to go to Raven on it but regrettably I did not.  I have to ask why would I stick around further in that thread?  Why would I ever give that person props?  And yet here & there I still do, to be the bigger person and to keep this site rolling.  The 2nd is being involved in a discussion of a topic that I'm well versed and credentialed in.  I see no need to flex my credentials and no benefit to revealing that info online.  But I gave honest answers, fact based opinion, and tried to lead thirsty horses to water.  Not only did they not want to drink, but I got people trying to argue with me based on mostly bullshit, what they think they know, what they heard, etc.  It's kind of like having a group of toys come up to you and try to tell you how to rock.  At first I tried to find amusement in that, then I just tried to understand how people could think the way they do, especially with the true answer right in front of them.  Eventually I had to say to myself that people have the right to be ignorant and to wallow in that ignorance.  But I'm also not going to stick around and particpate in that.

Last thing  is that mainly in that section what I see is everyone trying to get their own point simply heard/acknowledged, but few people trying to hear or acknowledge anyone else's.  Within that framework, you're lkely to have arguing and bullshit.  If you really want to debate someone and win it's not enough to prove you're right, because you being right is not equal to the other person being wrong.  You're going to have to show how the other person is wrong, and you're going to have to be able to understand where they're coming from to do that.  Otherwise you have to go back to my last sentence and entertain the possiblity that 2 truths exist together, yours, and theirs.

• Like 3
  • Truth 1
  • Props 2
  • LOL! 1

For clarity 

when I hit that “❤️“ -it mean I acknowledged what was said. Especially if it is a topic I am partially taking part of. 

it doesn’t mean I LOVE or even like what you said. But I acknowledge and LIKE the fact that it was said. 

If I hit that truth-that means I agree with you. Even partially. 
I don’t think I’ve ever handed out a trash or the good ole middle finger yet. 

4 hours ago, ndv said:

I do this quite often.  I'll be thinking about something and then go to google it and nexthing I know 20mins pass, and I realize I am oontzing and forgot what I was suppose to google in the first place.

Whew. Im glad it's not just me blinking in and out of reality.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

How you going to handle that if you can't manage name calling?

Thank you OMB, I have nothing against you whether we agree on anything else or not.  You've come to me before and asked for help and I did my best to help.  You don't get to ring the bell and make anyone on the leadership team do anything ever.  I'm not saying that to be a dick, I'm saying it so that it's easy to understand going forward.  I've helped you before because I felt it was the right thing to do.

I can manage name calling, and I did.  If any of you see anything going on that you don't like feel free to DM.  The instance that has everyone pearl clutching here just so happens to have been done out in public.  I welcome anyone to DM me at any time and call me names.  I will be happy to share with them what I think privately.

If you see something that needs moderating, feel free to DM a MODERATOR at any time.  Misteraven has put them in charge of moderating.  The moderators can start a thread in the crew section where we can discuss the topic that is brought to the table. 

Pick the moderator of your choice and we'll handle it on the back end as a team.

• Truth 1

I really don't care to hear anything else about banning.  Nobody was "banned".  Your boy is welcome to come say whatever.  He hasn't done anything, so all ya'll can stop being his lawyer.  I hope everyone understands.

edit: I've said about enough and the purpose of saying the above is to make it clear that i'm not interested in talking about the past anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Thank you OMB, I have nothing against you whether we agree on anything else or not.  You've come to me before and asked for help and I did my best to help.  You don't get to ring the bell and make anyone on the leadership team do anything ever.  I'm not saying that to be a dick, I'm saying it so that it's easy to understand going forward.  I've helped you before because I felt it was the right thing to do.

I can manage name calling, and I did.  If any of you see anything going on that you don't like feel free to DM.  The instance that has everyone pearl clutching here just so happens to have been done out in public.  I welcome anyone to DM me at any time and call me names.  I will be happy to share with them what I think privately.

If you see something that needs moderating, feel free to DM a MODERATOR at any time.  Misteraven has put them in charge of moderating.  The moderators can start a thread in the crew section where we can discuss the topic that is brought to the table. 

Pick the moderator of your choice and we'll handle it on the back end as a team.

When someone says "...not to be a dick," you're already acknowledging that you're being a dick.  My finding with you over time is you need to get angry and walk away before you come to your senses, so have your moment.  You helped me quite well before and I stated so above where everyone can see it.  If I told you about something on the forum that didn't belong and you helped me "because it was the right thing to do," then it would appear that we were in agreement and I was correct to bring it to your attention.  You're getting mad frustrated and letting it show.  Please, don't throw on a muscle shirt if you don't have muscles.  I've been polite with you here, haven't called names.  And you're melting.

• LOL! 1

A lot of these problems stem from @KILZ FILLZ and it’s telling he’s absent, if we are going to shit on @Dirty_habiTthen let’s make sure we keep it a buck. I personally was banned for a month for being rAsSiT but I dare anyone to find a post where I was, you can’t it’s just that circle jerk exist on here exploiting this site and I’m personally not for the fuck shit. A house divided and all that, its detrimental to the this being a destination. If you don’t like what I said then shit on some chips and call it nachos.

Edited by where
  • LOL! 2

3 minutes ago, where said:

A lot of these problems stem from @KILZ FILLZ and it’s telling he’s absent, if we are going to to shit on @Dirty_habiTthen let’s make sure we keep it a buck. I personally was banned for a month for being rAsSiT but I dare anyone to find a post where I was, you can’t it’s just that circle jerk exist on here exploiting this site and I’m personally not for the fuck shit. A house divided and all that, its detrimental to the this being a destination. If you don’t like what I said then shit on some chips and call it nachos.

Ha ha you're an asshole for the fact that I can't tell now if you're serious or joking about the double identity.  

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 1