random thots

Mr. Peanut

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, ndv said:

Yo @Schnitzel have you ever had kangaroo meat?  If so is it tough meat?  Taste gamey? Whats it like?

I don't like it much.

it's similar to what I remember venison being like.

it's extremely lean and extremely hard to cook because you over cook it by like one second and it's like boot leather.

I'd consider it in a restaurant with a chef doing the cooking but I would never cook it at home.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

Halfway to my destination and realized I forgot my phone and honestly didn't care.  Felt good to not be attached to it, like that would have caused some people some anxiety.

Feels good here and there.  I remember a few years ago when I I was financially strapped, I couldn't always pay phone bill monthly, and so when it would get turned off, I would just left it go for a month or so.  Drove family and friends crazy I could detach myself from a phone for so long. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

16 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

Halfway to my destination and realized I forgot my phone and honestly didn't care.  Felt good to not be attached to it, like that would have caused some people some anxiety.

In the moment it also reminded me that I'm glad I know how to get a sense of direction without having an electronic device do it for me, glad that I also know how to read and use a map.  Anyone who grew up having an electronic device do it for them is royally fucked should their battery ever die.

• Truth 2

On 1/13/2021 at 8:57 AM, One Man Banned said:

In the moment it also reminded me that I'm glad I know how to get a sense of direction without having an electronic device do it for me, glad that I also know how to read and use a map.  Anyone who grew up having an electronic device do it for them is royally fucked should their battery ever die.

Its my favorite part of fishing. Leaving my phone  at home and walking in the river. I wonder when technology dependency will be acknowledged as a crippling addiction like some drugs.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

25 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

Its my favorite part of fishing. Leaving my phone  at home and walking in the river. I wonder when technology dependency will be acknowledged as a crippling addiction like some drugs.

It should be given the clips we have heard about the designers of social media specifically going after aspects and features of the platform to make it as addictive as possible.

They've said their goal is to capture your attention for the longest amount of time possible.  Think about what that means if you use your time to make money..... and they're essentially STEALING it from you, from your employer, from your spouse, from your kids, from your neighbor, from a stranger in your community, etc.... Stealing from you.

Stealing from everyone.  And everyone is fine with.... in fact, they defend it in many cases, giving reasons as to why it's useful.  I can't tell you how many times I've heard people say "well I use it to keep in touch with people I don't talk to."

Those people have phone numbers, just save their number.  Easy.  Ditch the people that are exploiting the world and violating your rights as they break laws.  These guys are going to be found guilty but they're just scape goats.

• Truth 1

1 hour ago, mr.yuck said:

Where does the publishers clearing house get all of this fucking money to give away. I did some internet searching and ot says they sell merchandise. Try finding some publishers clearing house merchandise, I'll wait.

I've always wondered the same.  I have never heard of someone winning publishers clearing house.   However, I have heard of people winning the lottery. 

• Like 1

Publishers Clearing House sells magazine subscriptions AFAIK.  

Social media gets all sorts of negative attention on here but I've found that most of you still have social media accounts.  It's all designed to draw you in more & more but there's not necessarily anything illegal going on there.  It's up to the user to understand kind of what makes you tick, what gets you drawn in and feeling dependent on it, and how to counter that.  It's a lot of simple concepts that few bother to teach or learn.