Alcoholism

Step8

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
If you drink to get drunk you're just doing it the way it's supposed to be done.

Nobody drinks to be sober.

That's like drinking coffee to get sleepy.

And binge drinking involves a LOT more than 4 fucking drinks.

Binge drinking is drinking until you black out and/or or pass out.

Stop gaying up the internets with your Canadianisms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeopathy

Law of similarsHahnemann observed from his experiments with cinchona bark, used as a treatment for malaria, that the effects he experienced from ingesting the bark were similar to the symptoms of malaria. He therefore decided that cure proceeds through similarity, and that treatments must be able to produce symptoms in healthy individuals similar to those of the disease being treated.[38] Through further experiments with other substances, Hahnemann conceived of the law of similars, otherwise known as "let like be cured by like" (Latin: similia similibus curentur)[39][40] as a fundamental healing principle. He believed that by using drugs to induce symptoms, the artificial symptoms would stimulate the vital force, causing it to neutralise and expel the original disease and that this artificial disturbance would naturally subside when the dosing ceased.[38] It is based on the belief that a substance that in large doses will produce symptoms of a specific disease will, in extremely small doses, cure it.

Hahnemann's law of similars is an ipse dixit axiom,[8] in other words an unproven assertion made by Hahnemann, and not a true law of nature.[9]

I can't tell if I'm an alcoholic.

I'm gluttonous when it comes to "feel good" stuff like beer, weed, fun drugs, etc...

But I'm usually able to cut the shit out at the drop of a hat when I have to get back to life maintenance.

I have a tendency to black out when I drink, but that's usually after a 12 hour drinking session in the sun pounding beers and talking shit.

Fuck it, I'm not fat and I'm not dying.

C00l st0ry, br0.

if Sword can seee this PM me man cuz i found a place for you 6 months, free. but it

s for serious people only.

also i'm not spamming i've talked to Sword predominantly in PM's to keep well what he got banned for off the forum but i hope this gets to him one way or another.

• Like 1

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!

This contest will run all week until Friday - July 22nd, 2011 .. 6 p.m. EST

Click on any advertiser(non-12oz. paint shop ad) check out what the advertiser has to offer and while you are there

Take a screen grab on any page within the advertisers site and get 2 free weeks.

Each screen grab has to be from a different advertiser per day, you can only submit 2 screen grab ads per day, giving you 1 free month a day you participate. Thats 2 months if you send in 2 submissions a day until Friday.

Send me your screen grabs via Private message, we will update your account nightly. Please make sure you submit correctly, we will not reply back to submissions that are wrong.

DON'T send us your old screen shots from previous contests. We have them saved and will reference back to avoid schemers. We also know what ads are running, some have ended and some new ones have been dropped into rotation....

Enjoy…

This contest will run all week until Friday - July22nd, 2011 .. 6 p.m. EST

SUPPORT OUR ADVERTISERS!!!!!!

WIN FREE MONTHS OF 12OZ. VIP STATUS

I recently decided to move out of where I was staying temporarily because...well, because as strange as it sounds, I prefer being sober at home and when I'm around people who are partying non-fucking-stop (i.e., seemingly half of the people I was staying with) and I'm not it's annoying as shit. For various reasons I don't want to go into (Dow knows, he was there) I can't really cut loose at home the way I used to, which is good because going out and acting the fool then making it home in one piece is a lot more interesting than doing it and having to stare at the same four walls.

I'm still drinking off and on, about 70/30 in that order. I'm getting to a point in my life where I seem to exhibit a lot more common sense and awareness than I used to...that's probably why going nuts and/or blacking out doesn't roll off my back the way it did when I was in my 20s and doing it at least once a week.

I don't really care what people want to do as long as they can handle themselves and not blame their stupidity on booze or whatever their kick is. As soon as they start doing that I say "Well, you're apparently unaccountable and not worth my time" and move on.

Lately I've been tryna keep myself in control. I can be annoying as shit when i'm drunk, pissed off too many friends, and I'm getting too old to be putting that burden on people. I remember walking by handstyles i don't remember happening. Been to AA, but don't really find it to be that helpful. If I can stick to weekends and occasional happy hours i think i'll be ok if i can stop after 4 or 5 max. I should be lucky to be alive considering things that have happened, like running across busy highways to go to the next bar. Problem is when you're an adult it seems social activities in large revolve around drinking. I'm a people person, and i like to party or chill and drink. it will always be a struggle, always. Just gotta keep myself aware and in check. Good luck to all of you oontzers dealing with the troubles and hardships with alcoholism.