Alcoholism

Step8

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hmm.. my kinda thread! i was in rehab last september - didn't work out so well after. in 2 weeks i'm moving to france for 6 months or a year or the rest of my life. i'm kinda doing it as an escape/i'm bored out of my mind/nothing else to do, but maybe it'll help not to know where to get pot or roxy's.... but then i may just turn into a raging alcoholic.

Get over yourself.

NO EGO HERE TOY,

I'M OBVIOUSLY NOT THE ONLY ONE TO SEE YOUR NEED FOR TAMPONS, AND WITH ONLY 95 POSTS TO JUDGE YOU ON?

TRULY SHOWING YOU WERE IGNORANT FROM THE GATE.

DON'T START DRINKING BECAUSE OF THIS BRUH,

YOU'LL GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN SOME DAY AND LOOK BACK TO THIS IN SHAME.

I am just 2 months shy of my first year truly sober.

No marijuana or pills coke etc. No drink.

It actually feels like a real big accomplishment.

I was doing the "sober" thing where I thought I didn't drink so I was sober....I did that for 3 years. I still had super addictive behavior, I couldnt control my drug use and it was also leading to some other at risk behaviors.

For me 100% sober is the only way to really go. I am even doing the 12 steps, and it doesnt matter to me what folks think about that. Every relationship I have worked to destroy has improved.

It has been hard to hit meetings with a new born, but I am going to hit one today, 100%.

Not sure why I am ranting in here, seems like the last couple pages have fallen off.

I am trying to deal with my alcoholic brother who I work with, it is so hard to deal because I feel like I know the answers and if he would just listen to me!!! Haha that never works, all I can do is lead by example. Hopefully the disease doesn't kill him.

Shitbull,

It is a good idea to try and quit on your own for a given period of time. It helps you to understand your control or lack of. I tried to give you some positive rep for getting on topic, but I must spread rep.

Keep doing your thing fellas.

Peace.

• Like 2

yo ralphy, congratulations man. that's fucking huge.

i tried every way besides the entirely clean thing... meetings and step work has been the only thing that truley worked.

i am 15 days away from my year, and it has been the best year of my life, by far.

keep doing what you do brother! shit is a fight everyday.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats, that is no small feat. I've been to meetings, while some stuff is helpful, it just feels really awkward, and I don't get the chance to speak and share highs and lows. Maybe every meeting is different? I don't know, meetings won't deter me from drinking, where as exercising and skateboarding will.

Yo I haven't been getting traditional hangovers lately, it's been more of a weird stinging pain on the side of my head. it's strange.

My girlfriend just got out of rehab for alcohol. She was in there for a month. Her being in there really made me look at myself and be honest about my drinking. I decided to give sobriety a shot, for myself as well as to be able to be a positive person in her life. I've been drinking heavily, as in almost everyday for about the last 10 years. Tuesday will be 1 month sober for me, with the exception of one slip up. Thats the longest I've gone without being in jail lol. She's been sober too, and this past month has been great. I feel awesome, lost about 10-15 lbs, am finally sterting to feel like I can think again and general bullshit you have to do day to day to survive just seems about 10x easier to stay on top of. Dont know how long I'm gonna do this, don't really think about it like that, all I know is I am enjoying life sober and have not felt like drinking nearly as much as I thought I would. I think my girl has a harder time with urges and triggers and what not, but she is hanging in there as well.

• Like 2

props ralphy...

must spread rep an all that...

i wouldn't say i'm an alcoholic myself... but i'll fully admit i drink a lot more than i should. i have aboot 4-6 pints a night. and aboot at least 12 if i go oot on a friday or saturday night.

i don't want to stop drinkin' completely. i just need to discipline myself more with it. before i go right off my head and start crackin' tinnys first thing in the morning...

i think lack of entertainment is my main excuse... and after a shit day at work it gives me something to look forward to. but i'll need to stock up on more non alcoholic beers, they're a total placebo for me...

i used to drink a shit load of non alcoholic beers....

after a couple years i just said fuck it and stopped, but it helped a lot a first...especially if i went out and my lady was drinking i would have a couple non alcoholic beers

props to everyone out there trying, take it one day at a time

pushing onward after something of a relapse upon my arrival to Portland.

when i get into little slumps throughout the day, i go buy something fizzy, a soda or perier or whatever, and when i begin drinking it, it lifts me up a little. surely has to do with the fact that i'm tricking my subconscious into thinking its beer...

pretty weird

i'm trying to keep this going. feeling better at this point.

poz how many consecutive days have you got under you belt at one time since you were sobering up on the island..

it can be hard to try and get sober after relocating, we find comfort in the bottle and so it will attract us in a unfamiliar setting.

at the same time, not knowing anyone gives you a good chance to plug into sobriety and not have many outside influences.

it is what you make it i guess.

had 3 weeks before i bounced out to PDX. drank for about 2 weeks straight when i got here, then one week ago was the last drink. i think it'll be okay. i've gone to several festival type things, even had girls trying to get me to drink with them, and i held it together. that was the only time that i wished i could have drank but i knew it wasn't an option. been on the job hunt since. i guess i just got over-excited about being here and blew it off as an "exception" or whatever excuse i had. i'm gonna ride this shit as best as i can.

before Hawaii, there was a period of about a month that i didn't have a sip of alcohol, all my own choice. i wasn't really floundering or anything, just decided to chill.

anyway

sobriety is winning me over. it's just hard to break the habits and all that...

plus:4chan-1306002454441.jpg