Alcoholism

Step8

any thoughts on what constitutes having a drinking problem? i binge drink alot, and find that after three beers i crave more and more, so normally if i know i can only have one beer, i wont even drink it, cuz it will just make me feel like shit. I dont put alcohol ahead of my responsiblities like work or school, and i refuse to drink when the sun is out, unless i'm at like a BBQ or something. But i find myself drinking alot more regularly, out of the past 5 days i drank everyday, and got drunk 4 out of the 5.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Slow down...only drink once a week or something. Lots of my friends are alkis...their no fun to be around unless they're drunk. Lots of other things to do to have fun. Good start with the no drinky til nighty though. It's not good that you want more after 3.

oh yeah...to answer your question. that whole thing you typed in constitutes a drinking problem.

[This message has been edited by pacman (edited 06-21-2001).]

• Like 1

it starts being a problem when it interferes with your daily life(job, family, relationships). and a lot of people who are alcoholics will deny that they have a problem. everyone knows that but oh well. you sound like you don't want to have a drinking problem, and you will know when you have one. many alcoholics could at one point would have been able to see but they gradually slip into denial.

i used to have big parties every night at this strippers house..it was good because all her stripper friends would come...but it was all about the beer bong!all night long...smokin herbs and lickin nipples...in the morning me and my homie jofus would wake up look at each other,smile and get a beer outa the fridge..we did that for about 6 months..it was great.. i never really gained the weight of an alki though...probably the sex and skateboarding..

that 6 was recreational too..after all the partying was done i would drink a 22 hieniken on fridays with my homie...

dont drink and drive

• Like 1

you have a problem when you beat your wife and spen your whole check on booze.. also when you drink alone. lol. also i was told in aa that your a alki when you have a scheudle(spelling) of when to drink.. you should try drinking pop instead

------------------

your mom is a construction worker and wears gangster nikes

a lot of people binge drink. i dont consider binge drinkers alcoholics though,cause binge drinkers drink just to get drunk,alki's (like my father),drink alcohol like water,do not get drunk anymore (because they barely can),and they need it. just dont get to that point. and dont drink and drive either. in the past two years ive known three people to die because of that.

------------------

"...of course that's just my opinion,i could be wrong."-dennis miller

hah...man..shut up...fools...you can say you have had a drinking problem when you land in AA or counseling.....or you could be smart and do what i did....say fuck the counseling, save you/your parents money, and drink more..then realize what the hell you are doing to yourself...and only drink once a week or so...>=D i did good

Originally posted by SenorSeven:

hah...man..shut up...fools...you can say you have had a drinking problem when you land in AA or counseling.....or you could be smart and do what i did....say fuck the counseling, save you/your parents money, and drink more..then realize what the hell you are doing to yourself...and only drink once a week or so...>=D i did good

a lot of people deny that they have a problem so they don't go to AA

this shit seems like a joke, but i know from experiance thats its not. damn, i used to drink liek an irishman on st.pattys day everyday of the week. i didnt think i had a problem at all, you know, just havin a good time, but then i got trashed and did some stupid ass shit for no reason at all, (im still up on charges so i cant say what it was, but ill say that it was pretty bloody). and landed myself in jail for a while. i finally got out, and was forced to go to aa, it was then that i realized that i had a problem. i had no clue i was that bad. you wanna see if you got a problem? go to aa, quit for a month or two, and see how much youre life will change. try it, youll be absolutely amazed... i guarantee it.

------------------

http://www.rpgfan.com/pics/zelda1/logo.gif'>

there is nothing wrong with bieng an alkie.. there is nothing wrong with driving drunk.. the pedals feel cool when your drunk. you just have to pay extra special attention.

you dont have a problem until you start craving it just out of no where.. like.. you'll be sitting there talking to your girl and start thinking about how you would rather be downing some vodka than talking to her.. yeah.. then you have a problem.. i think..

drink vodka.

i just got into mized drinks.. alien secrecian (im sure i spelled that one wrong) hurricanes, and mudslides, oh my.

• 8 years later...

I gotta say that my alcoholism (substance abuse) and graffiti have been intertwined from day one. I'm not fooling myself, I know that I've been an alcoholic/addict for 15+ years and 95% of the graffiti that I have done throughout that period was while being drunk and/or high. Yes, substance abuse and graffiti have limited my "potential" as viewed by the normal world. But the longer I participate in my drunken delusion, the less I care for the opinions of the "normal" world. If you're a newcomer to graff and substance abuse, I suggest that you turn the other way and run for your life.

it starts being a problem when it interferes with your daily life(job, family, relationships). and a lot of people who are alcoholics will deny that they have a problem. everyone knows that but oh well. you sound like you don't want to have a drinking problem, and you will know when you have one. many alcoholics could at one point would have been able to see but they gradually slip into denial.

nuff said. end thread.

ever elusive is makros.

simple math really.

he bumps old threads. names himself "ever illusive" talks about graffiti. has been begging for a ban since his return to the point of posting zero text. just random shitty pics, to small to laugh at. to lame to consider. far beyond the grace of thread respect.

he wanted to be banned so he could resurface under a new name and open up. probably initially came out of destruction. but he wasnt, and is now staying for the company.

you are broken, and you lost at life. and now your going to lose at the internet.

I come from a family of alcoholics.

Both my parents drink pretty much everyday. My mother drinks more, and more often but my dad is a mean drunk... I remember one night my mother got so fucking drunk she could barely walk. She passed out on the kitchen floor after pissing herself and vomiting all over. I think I was 16 or 17, and I cleaned her up and carried her into her room... When I was younger my old man used to get loaded and beat the shit out of me.

After going through all that I never even wanted to taste alcohol for a long time. But lately, I've been drinking a lot. I drink until I black out pretty often.... I don't think I'm an alcoholic, I don't really feel addicted to drinking or anything like that, and I only occasionally drink alone. However, I do find that I either drink like a fish or not at all... I often wish I had a little more self control.

Whenever I wake up with huge memory gaps and raging headache I always tell myself I should quit, but I never do. One day...

• Like 1

When I was still in the US I would binge drink all the time, which wasn't hard considering the definition of binge drinking is 5 or more drinks within 2 hours. I'm a big guy, so that isn't a lot for me.

However, I would never consider myself an alcoholic because I'm young and still in school. Yes, college is my excuse to binge drink. I'm in no way dependent on alcohol though, in the past 3 months I've probably only gotten drunk a handful of times, the majority of those times being on vacation.