Alcoholism

Step8

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
If someone only has a problem with crack cocaine but not weed. And they are off crack but still smoking weed. They will generally say they they are sober....

Just like forsit says he's sober all the time, but yet still pops pills.

This pretty much sums it up. To avoid argument, I say I'm "clean" (although I'll still be smoking).

they sucks, but i was never popping pain killers for more than the duration of the immediate healing process...

jus' sayin'

P.S. i are 95% back to normal now. a little jittery at times, but i slept like a fucking baby last night for the first time in a month. t'was good.

In my opinion, being sober is being clean from all drugs. I actually did it for a year and four or five months or so. I was on the wrong path, doin the hard shit. A drug is a drug is a drug, as they say. If you have a problem with hard shit & try to jus smoke weed, you're just substituting one for another and it more than likely will just lead back to your drug of choice. It's possible, you just need a support group and surround your self with the right crowd.

dude doesn't get it. Alcoholics by nature can't do moderation. I recently posted that if i can limit myself to so and so drinks, i'll be ok, and keep it in control. It can happen, I've done it before, and there is a realistic hope in that I believe. Most times that's when I'm with friends or whatever. I just got home from bar-hopping tonight. When I'm alone, it's a different story, cause there's nothing to keep me from wanting something more. A lot has to do with trying to want to meet girls at the bar. I always want to do that, and the girls I end up meeting are terrible, and it's just depressing. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

• Like 2

dude doesn't get it. Alcoholics by nature can't do moderation. I recently posted that if i can limit myself to so and so drinks, i'll be ok, and keep it in control. It can happen, I've done it before, and there is a realistic hope in that I believe. Most times that's when I'm with friends or whatever. I just got home from bar-hopping tonight. When I'm alone, it's a different story, cause there's nothing to keep me from wanting something more. A lot has to do with trying to want to meet girls at the bar. I always want to do that, and the girls I end up meeting are terrible, and it's just depressing. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Yeah, I can never drink by myself, hell I don't even smoke cigs by myself. Girls at bars.... man... that's a whole other animal altogether :eek:

I drink almost everyday, not that it's any of your fucking business. I decided to quit for a month about 7 days ago. It's all about being mentally strong, it's all in your head.

its not that, this isnt the tread for passed out jail bait pictures.

you can talk about your situation, ask questions or offer opinions.

but all bullshit aside.

it's wild how much more clear-headed and happy i am now in general... it's only been a little over a week since i stopped drinking and i'm definitely 99% better. i'm thinking rationally again... actually weighing variables in every decision i make. my mind is definitely thanking me right about now.

and i can fucking SLEEP and EAT like no other... these positive effects definitely help me curb any desire to drink... i don't think alcohol could make me feel any better than i already do...

• Like 1