Alcoholism

Step8

I've counted maybe 1 day of me not drinking since New years.. and prior to that, i cant remember when was the last time.

I average about 2 to 3 brews a day, on weekends multiply that by at least by 11 (I'm being conservative)

In addition, that hard liquor always finds its way to my hand.

as Fat Ralphy stated up above, Every Monday morning i get that throw-up stomach acid effect, never fucking fails.

this past Monday, i called in sick to work. slept the whole day, drank 2 beers for that morning after hangover remedy but i didn't have that throw-up reflex

sure enough like clock work Tuesday morning got up to go to work, FUCKING throw up stomach acid effect.

that leads me only one assumption. If i know i can drink again right after waking up (weekends), my body wont get that feeling - BUT if i know i need to work and wont be drinking til after work - my mind body and soul - gives me that dreaded wake up call like i had yesterday and every Monday morning.

with that said

Yesterday was the first day that I didn't drink anything with alcohol in it.

today is day 2, i plan on keeping it like that until July4th. lets see

the mental will powers feelsgoodman.jpg

**DOING IT RIGHT**

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I've counted maybe 1 day of me not drinking since New years.. and prior to that, i cant remember when was the last time.

I average about 2 to 3 brews a day, on weekends multiply that by at least by 11 (I'm being conservative)

In addition, that hard liquor always finds its way to my hand.

as Fat Ralphy stated up above, Every Monday morning i get that throw-up stomach acid effect, never fucking fails.

this past Monday, i called in sick to work. slept the whole day, drank 2 beers for that morning after hangover remedy but i didn't have that throw-up reflex

sure enough like clock work Tuesday morning got up to go to work, FUCKING throw up stomach acid effect.

that leads me only one assumption. If i know i can drink again right after waking up (weekends), my body wont get that feeling - BUT if i know i need to work and wont be drinking til after work - my mind body and soul - gives me that dreaded wake up call like i had yesterday and every Monday morning.

with that said

Yesterday was the first day that I didn't drink anything with alcohol in it.

today is day 2, i plan on keeping it like that until July4th. lets see

the mental will powers feelsgoodman.jpg

**DOING IT RIGHT**

let's hang out

In a few months i will have 4 years without a drink, some days all i want to do is drink until im in the gutter.

Shit aint easy, but my life is better without. Trying to get my brother to stop drinking, two totalled cars, one repo, two rehab stints, hospital trips, hella arrests, a one night stand baby and dude still cant give it up! Crazy.

havent had a drop of booze since september 2010 i was never a big drinker but when i did drink i was straight binge drinking, days straight till i would almost black out, maybe a couple times a month, last time i fought my good homie in my apartment, did a bunch of scribers on storefronts on my block and other assorted stupid incriminating shit that i would have never done sober.

aaaaaaand this -

On a side note i have always been fascinated by the thought of milkys tits, do they lactate? Are they big? No answers needed, just a glimPse into the mind of Fat Ralphy.

That is all, carry on.

From what i have heard/read that is not true.

I mean if you are cirohsis status, yeah the damage is so severe it is not going to recouperate.

But a heavy drinker will have a fair recovery of internal organs if they stop completely.

It wasn't until recently I was diagnosed with Hepatitis B. There are two strains and I happen to have the worst of the two. The doctor believes I may have gotten it from my mother from birth. Anyway, before I found out about this, I drank everyday. Talk about a wake up call, right?

Anyway, around the time I was diagnosed, I was working for a company who provided insurance so please believe I was on medication. I'd never thought I'd have to take the same medication that's also being prescribed for niggas with HIV-1. Of course, I decided to quit the job due to backdoor politics so I was without insurance for a few years. In this time, I began drinking again.

I finally graduated and am working for a company who provides health insurance. I just got back on the medication, obviously, but before starting it, I had to get blood work to see the current state of my liver (think of it as "before and after"). The results came back and it was worse than when I first started the medication years ago. Fuggit, I say. I'm still drinking--just not as often or as hard. Because of this, my tolerance has gone down significantly (fuck yeah!).

I don't know what the purpose of this post is...I guess what I'm trying to say is quitting drinking is tough, but if there's a way you can drink in moderation, it's ok. I used to have a taste of vodka just to soothe my thoughts everyday when I wake up, before class, during, after, etc. It's unfortunate I had to have something like Hepatitis B make me curb my habits, but I'm thankful it did.

For the real alcoholics here trying to do something better, I applaud your efforts! Take it one day at a time.

• Like 1

I used to drink real heavy and get into other things heavy as well but the drink has always been by my side .. Got a lot of family who are too deep in it to stop sorta thing which is sad to see. We have a big drinking culture so if you dont get drunk at family gatherings you are the odd one out which makes it fucked up a bit since ive never really had sober moments with them except when I was real young.

I didnt really want to end up relying heavily on booze like that so I gave up spirits years ago and eventually stopped drinking altogether for about a year before starting up again. Just under a year ago I stopped (once again) and instead pretty much replaced it with smoking weed. I moved back in with my dad recently and its pretty hard not to drink when we live together so kinda back to square one.. Luckily im too poor to drink everyday and im not young and dumb enough to rob stores anymore.

Bit of a ramble but reading some of these posts I can relate to a lot and its good to see people getting ahold of their vices and coming out on top.

Here's the way it was put to me: If you went to the doctor and the doctor said "You have cancer. You have one year to live. BUT if you do these 12 things and read this book and follow it, you could live", would you? Why wouldn't you want to stop doing something that's killing you? Not just asking you swif. Just in general.

Here's the way it was put to me: If you went to the doctor and the doctor said "You have cancer. You have one year to live. BUT if you do these 12 things and read this book and follow it, you could live", would you? Why wouldn't you want to stop doing something that's killing you? Not just asking you swif. Just in general.

I turn down a significant amount of drinks from people and I feel good about myself when I do it. Yes, there are times where I say "f" it and have a sippy sip, but it's not often--especially when I work a 9-6 Monday through Friday. But, to answer your question, I find it okay to spoil myself every once in a while given my situation. If my condition was worse, I would definitely reevaluate my life. I take life with a grain of salt. I've read that people contract Hepatitis the same way as HIV; blood. Apparently, there are small traces of blood in your semen. The way I see something like this is: with the condition I'm in, there isn't a damn way I can spread my "love" to my partner since it isn't serious. Needless to say, she didn't contract anything. I'm not saying this is the same for everyone--just me.

I am due for a check-up fairly soon to see how my liver is doing since getting back on the meds, so I'll keep y'all updated.

God speef swif, respect for sharing.

I haven't had a drink in 4 days. may not seem like much but i feel pretty accomplished. I realized how dumb it is to get drunk by myself

God speef swif, respect for sharing.

Thanks, fat ralphy!

I haven't had a drink in 4 days. may not seem like much but i feel pretty accomplished. I realized how dumb it is to get drunk by myself

Nigga, you accomlplished a lot. Don't downplay what you did, nigga. You did good. Also, there is nothing wrong with drinking by yourself given that you're being responsible. Get at me when you did a week.

• Like 1

I celebrated 11 years clean a few days ago. I never intended on living this long. Pretty cool that im still around. Its good to know that things can get better and I no longer have to feel awful all the time.

..and 4 days is a big deal. 'Most chronic alcoholics are doomed.' Keep at it man.

• Like 2

Thanks dudes, the thing is, im away on vacay right now, and once i get back home and kick it with my homies i know the first thing thats gonna happen is..

"yo lets go to the bar"

If you are really serious about staying sober, I would suggest not going to the bar. The only real reason people go there is to drink. I promise you, if you hang out in a bar long enough, you will eventually start drinking if you are at all like me. For me it stopped being fun. I got to a point where I felt miserable enough to where I was willing to do something different. Id be more than willing to help out however i can if you need advice or whatever. Shoot me a PM if you want.

I seem to have my shit under control these days. most days i don't even feel like drinking. having a job i'm stoked on and want to feel good for is helping.

i dunno. sometimes i think it was my unhappiness that was leading me to drinking, and not the other way around...

i just need to maintain my moderation ability...

Today was soo fucking hard, no joke I fought back a tear when wifey said

"come on babe, you should keep going"

and I did. Now let's face Saturday.

Peace to all that in here.

real talk, have any of you clean heads been through this:

i obviously have a drinking problem but am not ready to quit drinking...

im not all in control of myself like i used to be when drinking.

any tips on gaining back that control until im ready to stop drinking?

honestly i dont ever see myself stopping drinking completely (sometimes i like to have a nice import or glass of wine with a meal, but will leave it at that.)

i really dont wanna stop drinking because of the fun i used to have when getting sloshed.....

and i really have the feeling i can regain that control to thw point where its all good.

i am drinking right now, but i hope to get some positive feedback...

i wont disown any comments that suggest me quiting booze.

i quit weed immediatly when i figured out it was a real bad problem and know i could quit booze just the same.

but like i said i dont wanna quit drinking yet, just get it under control.

i have undergone various AA classes and such with flying colors (even though court appointed).

just looking for some friendly advice...