The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
3 minutes ago, nicklesndimes said:

winter blues?

Yeah maybe. But what's weird is it's not even cold. It's been weird in the 50s and 60s and the sun goes away early. It's like winter but not. I used to complain because this place doesn't really have seasons. It dumps from summer to winter. Not this year. This year we got fall. It's been like a 9 month long fall followed by a blazing 3 months of summer hell. 😂

@Fist 666that's gonna be a great time. Thanks man.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DETO said:

Why my wife’s nephew look like Alfred E. Newman? 

IMG_4141.jpeg

IMG_4142.jpeg

That’s pretty wild.

If I saw the kid I probably would not have made that connection.

But seeing them next to each other….holy shit, identical twins.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

Yuuuuuuck fammmm whatryu dooooing lololol. And how tf did you even get your Tom hanks money out house with that kind of situation? My taxes are getting/gotten all fucked up now myself but it’s not entirely my fault. Fuckin tax guy convinced me to go over to s-corp and kind of fell out of touch now things are all weird cause you’re supposed to have payroll for yourself and I never got setup with it. Shits all in the wind and I have zero direction at the moment with being behind last year too. Probably fucked myself but not 6 year no filing fucked lololol. 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

@NightmareOnElmStreet yeah I'm set up as an scorp myself. So years ago, scorp was the lick because of you subcontracted work, it was treated as a business to business transaction like buying printer ink from the store. Taxes were basically on some honor system shit. Now the companies you subcontract from hit you with the 1099 misc, so the government knows exactly how much you made. Well they made all these changes and I didn't know. I started getting 1099s and I was like "yo what the fuck are you snitching ass fuck boys doing?"

I have been getting a bunch of bum advice from so called professionals. I need to tighten up.

• Truth 2

4 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

@NightmareOnElmStreet yeah I'm set up as an scorp myself. So years ago, scorp was the lick because of you subcontracted work, it was treated as a business to business transaction like buying printer ink from the store. Taxes were basically on some honor system shit. Now the companies you subcontract from hit you with the 1099 misc, so the government knows exactly how much you made. Well they made all these changes and I didn't know. I started getting 1099s and I was like "yo what the fuck are you snitching ass fuck boys doing?"

I have been getting a bunch of bum advice from so called professionals. I need to tighten up.

Same frfrfr. I need to tighten up A LOT. Your boys drowning (sadboyOner). 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

2 homeowners and one shop I reckon falls under commercial as a business so it made sense kind of but I feel like it’s the type of shit you’re supposed to ask a guy about up front no??

Yeah 100%. That sounds like a weird situation anyway. Isn't a receipt good enough anymore? Now you wanna get the bitch ass government involved. No thanks.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

It took me until almost 30 to feel like my life was actually going in a positive direction. Figure out what you want in life, figure out what's holding you back, and make the changes.

It will take work and time, but it's worth it. I turn 40 this year, and the last decade is by far the best of my life.

• Like 4
  • Props 2

11 minutes ago, Fist 666 said:

It took me until almost 30 to feel like my life was actually going in a positive direction. Figure out what you want in life, figure out what's holding you back, and make the changes.

It will take work and time, but it's worth it. I turn 40 this year, and the last decade is by far the best of my life.

Yeah I mean I’m pretty much there now, this past year had been amazing; the last 4 were very productive and actually built a sense of pride. Everything is getting away from though. Idk if it’s the change, or the lack of control; but yeah I’m not doing so good. Idek why I came here to say it because I barely listen to anyone because ya know, ignorance due to everything being subjective. I do know what I want though, it’s coming. I appreciate you Fist. 

• Like 2

Yall I went back to work last week after being out for 6 months. 
it took one day being back before I realized I really hate my job now. Thankfully I (for the most part) work with some great people. I’m about to hit my 4 year mark in March. Got hired into this startup and now under the umbrella of an MSO. our plants look like shit and the people don’t look happy AT ALL.  It’s really embarrassing. 

someone once told me you cannot hate something unless you have lived it first. 

It’s also wearing me the fuck out. I’m back up to hittin 15-18 floors a day and 5-6 miles. I am hungry all the fucking time and definitely not getting the intake I thought I would need to sustaiin

Work nights I’m up at round 2A to eat because my blood sugar drops. 
Last week bout took me out yall! 

• Like 2
  • Truth 2
  • Props 2

@nicklesndimes thank you. 
i know it’ll happen in time.  I always keep in mind some of the major major reasons I’m still there (becaue I know I have the freedom to work somewhere else)   I get paid great. I walk to work in 20 min. My team is great. I have an active lawsuit with them. Anything to help build my resume.  

• Like 1
  • Props 3

@NightmareOnElmStreet

I haven't really don't something for my birthday beyond a nice dinner since 6/6/2006 because that just made sense....

For 40 I'll probably just get a good meal at a favorite restaurant and try to arrange a threesome. 

I'd love to travel more, but the wife launched a private practice last year and finances are tighter (though slowly improving) than we have been used to. It's also our 10 year anniversary this year, will probably make a weekend trip out of that, leaning towards Atlanta or Charleston.

• Like 3
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 1

19 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

I liked a lot of the people in went to highschool with. I think I'd be depressed if nobody did anything new and was just reliving the glory years.

Ya I had a lot of good friends in highschool but I feel like if I did go to a reunion I'd probably be the only one there Soo that's why I haven't ever gone to one.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

I went to my 10 year. I was at rock bottom, post divorce,  unemployed, burning through savings and drinking daily, most of the day. I was hoping I could get some "I had a crush on you in highschool" pussy but I left early feeling worse about myself than before. 

It's wild what a decade can do...

• Like 2
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1