The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

2 hours ago, metronome said:

That's just what it costs these days unfortunately. 

I want to try these out for my next pair.  HAIX Airpower XR2.  $515 CAD ... we get a boot stipend though. 

image.thumb.png.b6425d237d922e944339735283a994c7.png

I am sure they are fantastic once they are on, but definitely like a pain in the ass to put on.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Someone stole My 12oz hat as I swam at Rabbits beach.

I had a container with all sorts of stuff one would seek to keep safe from people and the elements (wallet, keys, shirt? towel) and yet in spite of Me putting a 12oz sticker on one of the showers at the beginning of the path to said beach, someone thought stealing My Coyote Tan hat with a Wolf grey 12oz parch and sand camo stixkman patch was worth it.

I finally get to where I should be at peace in life and I get robbed of My self described 1 of 1 crown.

Worst part of all is I have ti head back to Perth to be able to pay My phone bill by working a job I hate alongside people I despise for making Me have to be complicit to their lies (primarily the one that money exists as anything more than 1s and 0s in binary on a bank server).

I am already ready to die to end the charade but if I reach a point whereby zi take someone with Me prior to doing so, then all I will state is that it doesn't matter given life is a death sentence anyway.

Anyway to be on topic of boots, it is time to reboot the simulation.

So with this said, "I give love a bad name" to paraphrase the Bon Jovi song as I am going to put a bullet/torpedo shaped buttplug that is the last tether I have to the day My life changed other than the Doc Johnson sheath of the toy I gifted which I carried from the sec capital of Europe to give to My woman as the ultimate "Golden Gesture", as I shoot through the heart of the reef at rabbits to literally make the greatest joke of love, this world, and all of it's residents given I have grown to despise humans for as long as I remain captive to materilistic monetary shackles as indicative of My bank account balance and lotto entries doing nothing more than halving My investment in chance.

Essentially take these posts as Me indicating how I have given up on the bitch that would test Me by putting pathetic bikeriders before Me whilst I get torn to shred via gold motorbike chains. I would rather be dead than remain attached to such a pathetic world whereby My artistic expression is limited by money as it testricts the time that I have to actually realise any idea I have beyond realising Her choice was to leave Me to wake alone in the position I dreamed of waking since I was 13. I can never forgive the fact I was left to such a destiny and am still forced into trying to fight for someone and something which never existed in the first place as any more than an idea of what I wanted yet would be forever denied due to selfishly motivated cunts which reside in this place alongside Me.

TLDR. Why fight for the love of someone who not only loves everyone else but you, yet would send you to Hell in preference of such worthless cunts?

I wont mentio  how I have been locked out of using My iPhone 14 pro max camera and email as  well as Safari completely disappearing from My iOS, such that I have to use My iphone 11 to record and upload anything to verify what I am speaking of to the people here such that I can display  to you all what I am on about.

Anyway it is 5 mins to 3pm, gotta drop the torpedo at 420 given I marked the rocks and safet rings at torpedo rocks with the hex codes earlier this morning and I am ready to blow West Oz a new asshole along with all it's residents for tearing mine open with their mines and greed. Fuck them All I say.

3 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Y'all are making me sad. I just remembered that dope head doing my yard work ran off with my boots. I really liked those boots.

you need to get yourself some Velcro boots

• Truth 1

Yo - so there are some weird circumstances with my supervisor and we have been notified that he will be out of the office until further notice. 

His boss said "he wont be back anytime soon" - so they are tapping your boy to take over his position temporarily. My company is in a hiring freeze right now and therefore this temporary appointment could be lengthy. It will give me valuable managerial experience on the plus side and I will also have more of an influential role on the overall delivery model.

Here is the downside - dude only makes 6$ more hourly and the management union pays more into the retirement package. So the financial gain isnt much.

Should I step into the role or no?  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

Yo - so there are some weird circumstances with my supervisor and we have been notified that he will be out of the office until further notice. 

His boss said "he wont be back anytime soon" - so they are tapping your boy to take over his position temporarily. My company is in a hiring freeze right now and therefore this temporary appointment could be lengthy. It will give me valuable managerial experience on the plus side and I will also have more of an influential role on the overall delivery model.

Here is the downside - dude only makes 6$ more hourly and the management union pays more into the retirement package. So the financial gain isnt much.

Sounds like a really tricky situation no way to know the best option unless you could see the future.

That being said I know a lot of times it's best to just keep your head down and keep grinding and stay outta sight outa mind, but at the same time it could be good to move up the ranks and shoot for the stars.

But with that being said, if you think you can handle it and would excel in the position go for it but don't bite off more then you can chew.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

If you are feeling it, absolutely go for it. A lot of people in this country and the world would be smiling ear to ear for a $6 per hour raise. Also, it will be great to add some management experience to your skill set. Does management benefit more from the retirement package for buying in more? Or are they just helping more to float the program since they are the top turds?

• Like 1

I would take a look at the leadership in place and only take the position if they were trustworthy and capable of providing guidance and assistance in the new role. Getting a promotion with no support can be a recipe for stress which has the potential to actually hinder development, although there may be some argument for what does not kill  you makes you stronger I am not trying to get beat up any more than I have to.

• Like 1
  • Truth 4

@fat ralphyI do believe your field promotes taking healthy risks.  But your field also only gets crazier the higher up you go.  In the end though, you said this is an extended temporary position, so it has a possible end in sight.  Also, if for some reason this other person doesn't make it back you're now set up to move into the new position or to go back to what you know.

I guess I'd make sure that your new duties will be a satisfactory replacement for what you're enjoying right now.  Helping people with their problems might be fun, but managing the business around helping people may or may not be.  I'd also take stock of who your new coworkers will be and decide if you can put up with whatever b.s. comes with the position.  If you're close to anyone currently in the position, I always like to ask questions like 'what do you wish you knew about this position before you accepted it' type questions.

An extra $6/hour could be a lifesaver for many people.  

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

I'd like to find out more why your manager is MIA. Is it work related or personal? I walk through the business world with a healthy dose of skepticism. I don't want to dissuade you from making proper steps in the right direction but I've more often than not seen promotions as a punishing tool to over load some one and ' put them back in their place'.

• Like 1

This is relevant info i should have included - my boss had tried to promote into the new director role and was passed on. Everyone thought he was going to get it. However he is also hella out of pocket sometimes - I think that he had been contentious with several people that ended up on his interview panel.

Seems like dude decompensated when he got passed on and its likely he started talking shit about the big bosses - he may be gone related to that or he took his ball and went home so to speak. 

After reading your input guys I am going to have a sit down with the new director and bring up a few of the points here. 

As far as the money goes - I am not knocking the raise, managers are floating more of the retirement package because they tend to make more. The pay for my bosses position has been in review because it is so close to those under his supervision. 

• Props 3

On 1/23/2024 at 1:10 PM, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

@Fist 666 @nicklesndimes big 40 club this year too out in August hopefully to the Amazon lol. Don’t ask me why but that’s my plan. Been talking shit about it for years now I’m mentally committed. Y’all doing anything big? 

I had a week long drug bender when I turned 40.

Ended up caught in a gravity well with a spinning mechanical pinwheel that started rotating inside My scrotum and eventually replaced My left nut with something best described as a skull and spine with spikes around the skull like on some motorcycle helmet or something. Think of some wack weapon in a video game, I can’t describe it better than that, and it was like wrestling with an anaconda trying to stop that bastard spinning that week is all I know.

Yet in thinking about it, reliving My experience is less daunting than going to the South American jungle and dealing with toxoplasmosis ridden hispanic men.

On 2/6/2024 at 11:01 AM, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Mo money maybe Mo problems maybe less problems. 

Well as “MO” I can say money is but binary zeros and ones other than the 5% of money supply designated in excrement covered cash, but you are somewhat correct.

Kind of on the topic, those who have watched My van life videos might remember Michael from when I first got My van.

Anyway I just caught up with him, and as we were walking thru a shopping centee getting cool, he had a spastic attack and freaked out about My spraypaint covered shorts and My cheap Kmart shirt with sweat holes and some food stain on the back as he was worried about what people might think of him hanging around Me as I “look homeless” to quote the hypocrite.

After he escalated to yelling in the shopping centre and then threatening to bash Me, all as a result of Me telling him I am beyond the judgement of anyone we passed, as I used to have more expensive clothes and dress better than people with $100M net assets, I could care less about being judged on My attire as I am beyond judgement in that regard as I don’t judge others beyond whether they adhere to stereotypes in order to derive lolz.

I walked away, texted him “Matthew 7:1 “Do not judge, lest you be judged” and he said he never wants to hear from Me again, so I guess being down a hypocritical supposedly religious and God fearing person who can’t understand how little I care about the opinions of those who have zero idea of how I could walk around in public naked not caring if I wouldn’t get locked up for it as I obviously could fucking care less about what people think of Me as it only exposes their fears and self hatred of who they truly are being exposed (as in the fact we are both technically homeless, yet I don’t put on a mask and wear My Armani suits to fool people as I am proud of My debt free freedoms I have with only My 5 vehicle expenses, a phone bill and a gym membership payment My only obligations beyond food drinks and clothes).

Is it wrong to be glad I am free from a drug addict who said if he quits weed for a week he will kill someone, whilst viewing a casual drug user like Myself (once or twice a month if that) as being “a junkie” from My life?

My favorite part of Matthew 7 is the final line in that I teach (in this instance - to not judge lest I go dress in $5k of suit, shirt, tie, belt and shoes to say “Fuck you I am still the same person you fuckwit” - whilst knowing said attire will get trashed in My van anyway so better left in storage at My Mums place) with authority.