The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

@ndvI like the forethought on blending in with the crowd. That was one of the driving factors on never getting any tattoos or piercings as well. 

Good call on leaving the e63 alone. I'm currently whipping one of these around.

d53076304bbf50b9c717c7988fab5ca8x.jpg.27082dfcb330ea2387e1a1eedc5d5321.jpg

It has under 100k and it feels like it's dangerously close to start falling apart piece by piece or something major is going to explode turning it into a paper weight.

I was joking with my wife that if we didn't get rid of it soon while it still has a little bit of value to it, I was gonna get it jacked to the moon and put big ass mud tires on it.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
9 minutes ago, nicklesndimes said:

CT scan friday for my nerve pain(had it at least a year now..), hopefully they figure out what's causing it so i can get it treated.

working out again regularly in the meantime for the first time in about a year. i wasn't going to until all this was over, but i can't stand waiting any longer tbh

Hope you get a plan for some relief! 

• Truth 2

2 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

thanks, it's been an ongoing thing here. also, for the first time ever i had to install uber on my phone today b/c it's not recommended that i drive to/from the appt.

I have gone this entire time never using a ride share app. I tried to hold out on Amazon also, but ended up ordering a bunch of stuff at my last job. Ordered a bunch of markals for the company to mark stuff. That worked out rather well.

• Like 2
  • Props 3

19 minutes ago, nicklesndimes said:

thanks, it's been an ongoing thing here. also, for the first time ever i had to install uber on my phone today b/c it's not recommended that i drive to/from the appt.

If it’s too personal I understand but are you being sedated for this?  Or is recommending another person to drive  just a precaution? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, nicklesndimes said:

i'm not 100% sure why i can't drive. apparently they inject a dye solution and then 45min later is the ct scan. i'm thinking the dye solution aids them somehow in reading the images.

just not supposed to drive for it, idk why. when i had a mri for the same ailment months ago, they recommended i take a certain sedative but i didn't and didn't regret not doing it tbh(it wasn't that bad of a procedure..).

Got it. 

the contrast dye.  Makes sense. 

im glad you’re makin moves! 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

scored these little corner store type snack cakes for free last night from a woman online. she took out an ad on the socials that they were free to anyone who wanted them, only slightly expired.

i took as many as i could carry and stuck em in the freezer. tried a couple today, and they are fine.

IMG_20231220_205325.jpg

you got a lot of pie in your future

• Truth 3

13 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

scored these little corner store type snack cakes for free last night from a woman online. she took out an ad on the socials that they were free to anyone who wanted them, only slightly expired.

i took as many as i could carry and stuck em in the freezer. tried a couple today, and they are fine.

IMG_20231220_205325.jpg

tell us more about this mysterious expired pie woman

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 2

3 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

not much to tell. she just put an ad on there and i messaged saying i was interested. she said they were on the porch sitting on a filing cabinet, and sure enough when i got there there was several boxes(some still sealed) of the above-mentioned snack cakes. as far as i can tell, i wasn't the only one coming to get some, and as of last night the post was already gone leading me to believe they were all eventually taken. there were dozens of them.... must've had a hookup of some kind.

So a few people were getting a piece of her pie……nize.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 2

Sitting on jetty road brighton outside Royal copenhagen having a post beach walk ice cream with wife kids and the dog.

A guy is walking along the street with a little girl (like 1 year old )in his arms  and a maybe 2 year old boy walking alongside him.

Suddenly boy takes off towards the road.  He runs behind my wife who's across from me on the table and heads into the gap between two barriers that separate us from parked cars and then the traffic.

1492730372_ScreenShot2023-12-25at10_54_05pm.thumb.png.2cb50f67bdfd77f4bd6937598a045271.png

google street view - imagine lady with leggings is wife other guy is me and our kids are have moved two seats in between us with their backs to the road. He powered through the gap between the bollard and the fence

I jump up because he's gone into  the gap between two parked cars and is heading out on to the road.

Move to get him then accidentally snag  the front of my shorts on the corner of my son's seat back which stops me short. I have to reach down free my shorts from the seat back and throw myself after the kid.

Manage to get a hand on his arm and pull him back and about 1 second later a VW amarok goes past. That kid would have been  badly injured/ dead had I not grabbed him.

Grab kid and send him back through the gap to his dad who is standing there stunned.

Guy walks off with both kids tightly held in his hands. Lady on another table turns around and says something like ' Thank god you were there" I answer "mm mumble bumblejumble bluh" or something incoherent like that.

Sit back down and can't finish my coffee or my (up until that moment)  very tasty jaffa ice cream

My hands were shaking and I was sweating like a beast.

very strange feeling. faded fairly quickly but still interesting

maybe I need to take more risks.

• Like 1
  • Props 8

5 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

Sitting on jetty road brighton outside Royal copenhagen having a post beach walk ice cream with wife kids and the dog.

A guy is walking along the street with a little girl (like 1 year old )in his arms  and a maybe 2 year old boy walking alongside him.

Suddenly boy takes off towards the road.  He runs behind my wife who's across from me on the table and heads into the gap between two barriers that separate us from parked cars and then the traffic.

1492730372_ScreenShot2023-12-25at10_54_05pm.thumb.png.2cb50f67bdfd77f4bd6937598a045271.png

google street view - imagine lady with leggings is wife other guy is me and our kids are have moved two seats in between us with their backs to the road. He powered through the gap between the bollard and the fence

I jump up because he's gone into  the gap between two parked cars and is heading out on to the road.

Move to get him then accidentally snag  the front of my shorts on the corner of my son's seat back which stops me short. I have to reach down free my shorts from the seat back and throw myself after the kid.

Manage to get a hand on his arm and pull him back and about 1 second later a VW amarok goes past. That kid would have been  badly injured/ dead had I not grabbed him.

Grab kid and send him back through the gap to his dad who is standing there stunned.

Guy walks off with both kids tightly held in his hands. Lady on another table turns around and says something like ' Thank god you were there" I answer "mm mumble bumblejumble bluh" or something incoherent like that.

Sit back down and can't finish my coffee or my (up until that moment)  very tasty jaffa ice cream

My hands were shaking and I was sweating like a beast.

very strange feeling. faded fairly quickly but still interesting

maybe I need to take more risks.

You’re a hero. You made a Christmas miracle .

• Truth 1