The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
48 minutes ago, ndv said:

Yo!  Other than over the counter medicine/perceptions any one have a remedy for aches and pains from allergies?

I have heard that arnica tea is good for pain and swelling and inflammation.  I have not tried this, so grain of salt. 

• Like 1

On 6/4/2023 at 9:28 AM, mr.yuck said:

I've been having a problem lately. It's something Ive heard enough in my life to make me wonder if I'm the fucking idiot. What is it you ask? It's the way people speak. Specifically when asked what some one had for dinner last night, enough people have responded "I went to Chinese," to make my head explode. 

This is an unacceptable way of saying "I had Chinese food" or "I went to a Chinese restaurant," right? 

Like I understand that food or restaurant is implied, but I still think it sounds stupid as fuck.

Am I the asshole

I don't believe you're being an asshole unless the restaurant is called "Chinese"

• Truth 1

I been at this clean and sober  house for the past 10 months. I’ve grown to hate it. I just paid for the first months rent for a tiny room in a nice neighborhood . I’m gonna move out of this spot by the end of this week. I’m having trouble telling these people I’m leaving. The rent is due over here so I think I’m just gonna pretend I don’t have rent money then start to argue with the house manager and pack my things and leave tomorrow or Friday night. I don’t want to start telling them I’m leaving, the old uncles over hear are gonna be bummed.

image.thumb.jpg.1f3d08397cb9942ac7ec2f471cef7ead.jpgTake a look at this fridge, I’m over it !

Edited by KNIFU
  • Like 1

On 6/6/2023 at 3:44 PM, metronome said:

I have heard that arnica tea is good for pain and swelling and inflammation.  I have not tried this, so grain of salt. 

I have started to use a supplemental called MSM powder and the shit seems to be hella helpful.

I am a jiu jitsu guy and my joints are generally in pain. Plus being bigger and over 40 - recipe for aches and pains.

My cousin who is a lab biologist recommended this product and I even asked my doctor for her thoughts. She said go for it.

I have been taking it like 3-4 times a week for a few weeks and my aches and pains have been reduced drastically.

It takes so fucking bad - even at only a teaspoon, you need to wash it down with juice or something otherwise its pretty brutal. 

• Like 1

Is it just me or have things been a little rough around the edges in life lately? 

On the one hand things are all good but I have been having a tough time with what, I think, are really typical mid life challenges.

I made a couple of bad judgement calls this past month and I am having a hard time stopping the internal narrative, that coupled with insomnia is a tough combo. 

Seeing a sober living house and remembering what that kind of bullshit is like certainly puts things in perspective, I really hope that you find some tranquility in your new digs and pull though this difficult period. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 4

1 hour ago, morton said:

Is it just me or have things been a little rough around the edges in life lately? 

On the one hand things are all good but I have been having a tough time with what, I think, are really typical mid life challenges.

I made a couple of bad judgement calls this past month and I am having a hard time stopping the internal narrative, that coupled with insomnia is a tough combo. 

Seeing a sober living house and remembering what that kind of bullshit is like certainly puts things in perspective, I really hope that you find some tranquility in your new digs and pull though this difficult period. 

***SERIOUS POST AHEAD - please read***

It isn't  just you my friend, I think today's posting spree of my entire day where I tried to give the oontz an insight into what a tourist is like to see and experience in my city if I was to guide them around, pretty much also highlights the emotional highs and lows that I seem to experience based on my surroundings and the actions of the people around me.

The day was all mellow and chill at the beach, then once I got to the city, it seemed that "The Secret Space Program" kicked in and every goon around wanted to come at me from behind as I scrawled "Heaven" in kanji using my faithful "faggot" of sticks I carry with me over everything in sight.

I think that things are getting closer to resolving themselves though as I recover from being almost manic to relaxed as soon as I remove myself from placed with a lot  of people. 

If you ever feel the need to share whatever challenges you are going through, feel free to do so either on here or via PM as I have dealt with pretty much everything middle age can throw at someone (divorce, financial splits, unemployment, isolation from friends and family, homelessness, existential crisis, seeing counsellors, depression, psychosis, going back to school to get more qualifications, drugs, alcohol - anything except kids  -  yet I know what I would teach my own kids about the secrets to being happy the majority of the time which is what I share to my friend's kids).

Whilst I am reticient to say I have all the answers to life, I really feel as qualified as it comes to give advice I believe will help you and others to find happiness, as my primary advice revolves around learning to laugh at life itself, as you look at past challenges and rough times where you stress out as being times you were just being retarded and you can laugh about how you survived then and you will do again now.

Also remember the present is a gift and only you can choose whether you are happy or sad.

Hope this helps you in some way, and for the judgement calls you feel you were wrong about, look at hiw significant those decisions actually will appear in context of your entire life. Reframing them as such may allow you to realise that they are not worth stressing over and you can mentally move past dwelling on them, as I have found the people I meet with a predilection towards brining up instances whereby they were wronged in the past as their default conversation method are thise people whom are in a Hell of their own making. Don't be one of those people, instead focus on remembering the good things you have done for yourself and others in the past to get back to the right frame of mind.

Apologies for the novel, yet as one who also sometimes thinks "Fuck it, I should just get a load of drugs and intentionally overdose and die as I wouldn't be breaking my rule of never using needles least I crossed the line into becoming a junkie as I couldn't be a junkie if I was dead as a result of ODing" yet I also have had a friend who killed themselves when we were 21, trust me when I say it is better to not hesitate to let others know you are doing it hard as if you don't, then you may keave behind a whole heap of people to spend the rest of their lives asking why you did what you did or what more they could have done to have you still here.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

@Mauler5150well said dude.

@morton I too have been feeling it lately, like a candle being burnt ends basically. All that said - cosign with the homies view that all we can do is choose if we want to be happy or not.

The problems in my life right now are hella first world. There is so much outside of our control, really all we can do is work on our perspective and try and practice self-care.

• Truth 2

14 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

I had the shit in the UK - they are all about it.

Over there they cook for shit and I dont think have ever heard of a dry rub or charcoal as a matter of fact. 

I thought they were all about their HP Sauce on everything.

• Truth 2

8 hours ago, Mauler5150 said:

***SERIOUS POST AHEAD - please read***

It isn't  just you my friend, I think today's posting spree of my entire day where I tried to give the oontz an insight into what a tourist is like to see and experience in my city if I was to guide them around, pretty much also highlights the emotional highs and lows that I seem to experience based on my surroundings and the actions of the people around me.

The day was all mellow and chill at the beach, then once I got to the city, it seemed that "The Secret Space Program" kicked in and every goon around wanted to come at me from behind as I scrawled "Heaven" in kanji using my faithful "faggot" of sticks I carry with me over everything in sight.

I think that things are getting closer to resolving themselves though as I recover from being almost manic to relaxed as soon as I remove myself from placed with a lot  of people. 

If you ever feel the need to share whatever challenges you are going through, feel free to do so either on here or via PM as I have dealt with pretty much everything middle age can throw at someone (divorce, financial splits, unemployment, isolation from friends and family, homelessness, existential crisis, seeing counsellors, depression, psychosis, going back to school to get more qualifications, drugs, alcohol - anything except kids  -  yet I know what I would teach my own kids about the secrets to being happy the majority of the time which is what I share to my friend's kids).

Whilst I am reticient to say I have all the answers to life, I really feel as qualified as it comes to give advice I believe will help you and others to find happiness, as my primary advice revolves around learning to laugh at life itself, as you look at past challenges and rough times where you stress out as being times you were just being retarded and you can laugh about how you survived then and you will do again now.

Also remember the present is a gift and only you can choose whether you are happy or sad.

Hope this helps you in some way, and for the judgement calls you feel you were wrong about, look at hiw significant those decisions actually will appear in context of your entire life. Reframing them as such may allow you to realise that they are not worth stressing over and you can mentally move past dwelling on them, as I have found the people I meet with a predilection towards brining up instances whereby they were wronged in the past as their default conversation method are thise people whom are in a Hell of their own making. Don't be one of those people, instead focus on remembering the good things you have done for yourself and others in the past to get back to the right frame of mind.

Apologies for the novel, yet as one who also sometimes thinks "Fuck it, I should just get a load of drugs and intentionally overdose and die as I wouldn't be breaking my rule of never using needles least I crossed the line into becoming a junkie as I couldn't be a junkie if I was dead as a result of ODing" yet I also have had a friend who killed themselves when we were 21, trust me when I say it is better to not hesitate to let others know you are doing it hard as if you don't, then you may keave behind a whole heap of people to spend the rest of their lives asking why you did what you did or what more they could have done to have you still here.

Best novel you have written to date.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 2

So my new job has a dope vegetarian market near by. They have a a hot bar and all kinds of vegetarian food and snacks. I have been on that tip whenever I can. It’s pretty nice getting healthy. I guess the sauce would be peanut sauce with the summer roll.

• Like 1
  • Props 2