The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

14 hours ago, morton said:

I skip all that bullshit by not having a dog in the first place. 

I spend so much time and money making little improvements to the form and function of my apartment. Will it ever end? It is like every little step up either makes some new problem appear or makes some other aspect look shabby in comparison. 

You gotta cool out with all that jack. I have never understood why people put money into apartments unless your name is on the multi family deed. Fuck that. 

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

So also on the topic of pet quality of life though, I’ve always been on team not pay a gang of money for outrageous pet related bills. Being a rad dog owner for over a decade I think she went a handful of times and it wasn’t ever anything crazy although 2 or 300 bucks at the time was a fucking lot of money. I’ve seen people with the go fund me’s for some insane surgery in the multiple thousands of dollars and straight up been like fuck that. Sorry. Though it’s certainly tuff to say in hindsight if my dog ever did up needing some 6k surgery would I have actually figured it out. Gonna lean on no. But hence the tuff to say part. I can afford pet insurance I think now so I’d probably get it when I get a new dog. Which I’m also going to pay for cause I have a specific breed in mind but either way. 6,7,8 grand for a fix down the line on a dog is wild. 

59 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

You gotta cool out with all that jack. I have never understood why people put money into apartments unless your name is on the multi family deed. Fuck that. 

Lol, I am talking about furniture and the like, no fucking working on the unit, lol 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1

5 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I wonder what therapy people would say about that stance. Here’s this guy. Loves a dog (loved a dog more than any other human) wouldn’t spend a ridiculous amount to fix said dog to keep it alive. Hmm.

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, morton said:

I have nay heard a squeak boot the vid fer some time now.

How's the time passing for you guys out there, feels like a bit of an acceleration lately, I can hardly believe that we are halfway thought the year.

Major acceleration of the speed of life. I figured it was a symptom of a midlife crisis and technology.

• Truth 1

2 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Cheers dudes. Any of y’all every heard about 75 hard? Almost got down and started today until I realized it wasn’t just pick 5 things to do every day for 75 days and you actually had to quit booze and workout 45 minutes a day I think twice it says. Lol yeah right. Might just make up my own version. 

Never heard of it. Is it some TikTok shit?

I worked out for like 60 days straight- at least 30 mins cardio and lifted like 4-5 times week, BJJ 1-3 times

Then I got completely crippled by allergies this week - missed fucking work days etc.

Cali is having a super bloom this year because of all the 2022 El Nino vibes. 

• Like 2

I've heard of the 75 hard but fuck all that noise.. was thinking about doing a 60 day thing tho.. I don't have any gym membership but I got a list of some home routines I could bust out every day for the full 60 at least to get the ball rolling.. just gotta actually pick a day to start but with how much I run around at work it's like fuck it there's my cardio for the day then when I get home it's just weed and chill.. 🤷🏽‍♂️

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Tails0nE said:

I've heard of the 75 hard but fuck all that noise.. was thinking about doing a 60 day thing tho.. I don't have any gym membership but I got a list of some home routines I could bust out every day for the full 60 at least to get the ball rolling.. just gotta actually pick a day to start but with how much I run around at work it's like fuck it there's my cardio for the day then when I get home it's just weed and chill.. 🤷🏽‍♂️

seems like a solid plan though. I might flex on a 60 day thing too. Still fuck not drinking though. 

@LUGR not a Tik tok thing to my knowledge. Heard it on this super bro contractor podcast I listen to called “The Contractor Fight”. Dudes like a ex marine hardcore business type guy who’s always shouting and telling people to stop being pussies and get after it. Very inspiring at least to me. I throw it on and just get jazzed up to not suck at running a business and it actually helps lol. 

• Like 3
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

seems like a solid plan though. I might flex on a 60 day thing too. Still fuck not drinking though. 

@LUGR not a Tik tok thing to my knowledge. Heard it on this super bro contractor podcast I listen to called “The Contractor Fight”. Dudes like a ex marine hardcore business type guy who’s always shouting and telling people to stop being pussies and get after it. Very inspiring at least to me. I throw it on and just get jazzed up to not suck at running a business and it actually helps lol. 

I see you out there bro doing high profile work. Keep it up man!

• Like 1

@nicklesndimespaint thinner and mineral spirits are basically the same thing. One is a more concentrated version. I can't remember now. The one that stanks more is the stronger version. I also don't think youre gonna have much luck on unclogging those caps. I feel like getting a can of carb cleaner and connecting the straw to the clogged cap might work with some added pressure. 

• Like 1

On 4/21/2023 at 8:53 AM, One Man Banned said:

Yeah! @SchnitzelJust because you're a jobless bum doesn't mean you're not an A+ dad, so turn that land down under frown upside down.

Seriously tho I walked away form work several years ago and never went back, just stopped giving a fuck.  Work is vastly overrated and bad for your health.  One of the more interesting points is that as soon as you don't work you start to lose worth in the eyes of others, they act like something is wrong with you, they become judgmental.  It's a fascinating and shitty phenomenon.  

Anyway, don't get down about this shit.  You've hopefully gained some extra time with your kids that you would have otherwise missed and can never get back again when they're older, more mature, and corrupted by the world.

Even though I am the same in having left the rat race behind I have been lucky enough to have no debts and good budgeting skills that facilitate me affording to exist on welfare, albeit I do still wish to work if only for the social aspect of it as opposed to the monetary side of things. I have done a few jobs in the past few years but in accepting lower than half of what I should be paid for based on my experience, qualifications and such leads me to realise that having to spend 2 hours a week searching for work to meet my welfare requirements with the rest free for me to spend as I choose to be an easy way to live as opposed to getting up early every day to commute to work to have someone pretend they are my boss to whom I owe the world in their little egocentric powertrip.

Unlike Schnitzel though, I have no dependents, and coupled with no debt or financial obligations other than my phone bill, rent and groceries, I manage quite well yet would have zero capacity to do so if I had a kid, which would see me working whatever shit scrubbing janitor position I needed to perform in order to give my kid the greatest existence possible as my happiness would be directly derived from seeing them experience the greatest life possible as opposed to worrying about whatever it was that personally bothered me.

Another additional benefit is I moved back in with my Mother and got to spend time with her as an adult, which even though she refused to really conversate with me, at least I was able to afford her the opportunity to really learn who her Son had become as a Man which is something that would have plagued my conscious given I ignored my relationship to her as I forged my career, travelled, got married and fulfilled my other selfish desires for a decade as I refused to be in proximity to a woman who poisoned me with cancerous cigarette smoke for the first 20 years of my life.

Also is One Man Banned = LENS from back in the day?

An additonal benefit of walking away from the rat race is it allowed me to escape the trap of materialist consumerism I had exhausted my desire to obtain finance to procure. Even though I still have a wardrobe full of designer clothes and shoes, going forward I will be content with my $8 Kmart tshirts as being my way of saying to the world how pathetic these Gucci wearing rappers you see online truly are given they have yet to mentally evolve past the point I was at a decade ago, which is doubly funny when you see them "flexing their (slave) chains" as though they are successful at anything other than being duped by the system and society.

• Like 1