The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 6/29/2023 at 9:10 PM, T4M* said:

I feel you. I appreciate the understanding vibes I put out around these parts of the internet.  I'm honored to have a Trancelater to my weirdness and tell people I'm awesome, in other words, a friend forever.

The McLaren 540C sits about the same class as the Huracan as far as price goes and performance.  The experience tho, you would like this one, as it sits opposite of the lambo. The Huracan has no lambo doors, McLaren does. AWD to RWD. Your view is bigger in a McLaren,  good adventures.

Looks and performance is just a brochure,  let me tell you the experience.

HURACAN:

~ Sitting inside looking at the setup, yo! "Houston, prepare for takeoff." You start driving, you and the car are one, teammates.  You tell the car "do this", and it does. The car reads your mind and it keeps your dopamine at a constant level, even when you are done driving. Your confidence is high and you feel safe with every decision you make on the road. You will go through endless memorable moments.

540C:

~ Doors go up, but it's not a lambo,  hmm. You sit inside "Oh, this is nice." It feels walking into a mall you never been into, and you just want to explore everything.  While doing so, suprises came at you. "Hey! Look at this! See this!" The twin turbos WILL make this happen. You're on top of a roller coaster,  and any second now, it's going to drop! And here you are smiling and enjoying the ride. You will go through endless unpredictable memorable moments. 

Because , let say, you are paying about the same price, you have another option,  other than the lambo.  Want to try out some new roads? Try the McLaren.  Scary roads become fun and roller coaster roads. Not so much about the performance,  the vibes that the car delivers does increase your dopamine more than the lambo,  but in doses. Take a shot!

My successful car would be a Porche 918 Spider nice dark sliver,  black rims, BMW colored headlights, that shit that looks purple from a distance , and than white out of no where, sexi........

My dream car is a Lamborghini Sesto Elemento.  I love my bitches wearing a slim dress with just a thong on, and dress to impress, they know I treat them right from morning to dawn, Sesto Elemento. This lambo is all stripped out, gives you what you need,  and tells you "Just fucking drive. Enjoy life." I wanit!! Ready to thrash the night? Let Venom bond with you and let Carmage add the final touches...........you are now Sesto. Magnífiico!

My username on other forums is actually SestoElemento and it is my dream "fuck money is no object" car of choice and I had a picture of one as a huge laptop adorning sticker was plastered on my bank work laptop, the fact that I left there to go drive it's spawn in a Huracan was too sweet.

So you are a man of fine taste, but if I was to get a Porsche it would have to be a 911 of some sort given I got married on 911 (9th November, but still the "Oz" 911 no less).

And congrats on putting in words the driving experience of a Huracan as you described it perfectly.

And if I ever get in the position of having a Sesto Elemento, I'll make sure you get to track it for a few laps, if only for being brave enough to share the same dream as I have and to have put it out there, even though it should have gone in the goals thread I started for that exact purpose 😛 Because if I ever get in that position, I could fly you and your Mrs out and give you both matching Gold and emerald adorned DAO chains (Green and gold being the Aussie colours of course) to remember the experience by.

12 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

@T4M* the headless horse(power)man

The recommended driving soundtrack can be provided by old Master Joe here.

If Jesus is the "Son of Joseph" then Mr Satriani is the Zen Master I would happily call "Father" given He inspired me to pickup guitar over a bass.

It seems that the tide must be turning for this "Man of Many Hats" as I seem to be collecting hats I find along the path the waves lead me.

It is a welcome sight given how many of mine vanished whilst my back was turned or while I drunkenly mocked a chain draped clown at a bar for being the slave he truly is, yet unlike Me, egotistically refuses to accept the truth of his own reality such that his entire existence is comprised of nothing but lies and a false identity built on his bank account balance being the defining factor of who he is.

The hill bomb has always been pretty rad in my opinion- some fools definitely got out of pocket this year. 

I love seeing the muni get rocked - I have never seen a train get it like this. We used to hang on Mission and let the bus pull up, get up and watch it drive away - this shit is the next level. 

Hella SF flows for those that are unfamiliar- 

Edited by fat ralphy
  • Props 1

Who’s see the new to the masses old to horror dudes terrifier joints and what do you think about them? Personally, I think they’re a step beyond gnarly which says a fuckin whole lot coming from me. I can handle it all and I’ll probably watch the new shit coming out but I’m not stoked at all lol. It’s principal at this point lolol. I think I’m getting wicked soft or something. Softness in general is taking hold of everything. 

• Truth 1

2 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Who’s see the new to the masses old to horror dudes terrifier joints and what do you think about them? Personally, I think they’re a step beyond gnarly which says a fuckin whole lot coming from me. I can handle it all and I’ll probably watch the new shit coming out but I’m not stoked at all lol. It’s principal at this point lolol. I think I’m getting wicked soft or something. Softness in general is taking hold of everything. 

But can you handle the naked juggellets that @fat ralphyposted?

4 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Bro. I'm the softest I've ever been. I dunno what's going on. I think it's a nice change, though. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

I cannot find anything on regular rates after promotions end for Comcast internet, anyone have solid numbers for what you or someone you know pays per month?  

I have AT&T small business internet here in Texas and I am paying $117.15 currently.

I am asking becuase AT&T has my gf paying $198.88 for basic cable amd internet.  Internet is $41.22 amd basic cable is $147.56.  

She's on the phone with AT&T trying to figure out where the increase came from as it not itemized on the bill (of course) so they are trying to give her the run around about how her promotion ended.  

What's up with this?

2 hours ago, ndv said:

I cannot find anything on regular rates after promotions end for Comcast internet, anyone have solid numbers for what you or someone you know pays per month?  

I have AT&T small business internet here in Texas and I am paying $117.15 currently.

I am asking becuase AT&T has my gf paying $198.88 for basic cable amd internet.  Internet is $41.22 amd basic cable is $147.56.  

She's on the phone with AT&T trying to figure out where the increase came from as it not itemized on the bill (of course) so they are trying to give her the run around about how her promotion ended.  

What's up with this?

She should tell them she is going to cancel and switch providers.

• LOL! 1

No matter who you use you're getting fucked in the ass somehow some way.  These cable/internet assholes are basically a utility and granted the same rights to assrape you as the electric/gas/water companies, fuck 'em all.  Anyhow, pretty standard basic shit that they get you in a contract with a base rate that increases after a set period.  If you try to back out before then you may face a charge.  I don't know that the whole switch providers threat works anymore.  They're wise to that and have 0 fucks to give, plus it could result in a charge if you're breaking your contract so they win either way.  Back in the day the companies would call it something like a customer retention offer or some shit where they might extend your time at the base rate or give you an increased rate that was lesser than the original increased rate.  In conclusion, all utilities can suck my dick from the back, and they better fondle my ballz while they do.

• Like 1
  • Truth 3

1 hour ago, ndv said:

What's up with this?

Man, I can't believe that anyone would spend ~$150 a month to watch cable tv given that I haven't watched tv since 2007 as everything is available on the internet via streaming services (or via the high seas if you wish to karmically run that risk).

Or is there something that i'm missing here?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LUGR said:

She should tell them she is going to cancel and switch providers.

Bro. I told that shit to cox once and for real no cap the person on the phone was like "Bye...What are you waiting for...Hello? I'll cancel your service right now."

• Truth 2
  • LOL! 2

2 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Bro. I told that shit to cox once and for real no cap the person on the phone was like "Bye...What are you waiting for...Hello? I'll cancel your service right now."

I feel like we have had this conversation before….

• Truth 2

3 hours ago, LUGR said:

I feel like we have had this conversation before….

Yeah for sure. I'm pretty sure I've tried this shit with Verizon, too. Same outcome. I think the difference was the person at Verizon lied to me about some outrageous bill they were going to reduce. When I called back about it, they were straight up like "Yeah that MFer lied to you, we're not discounting shit, where's our money?"😂

They're crazy as fuck out here.

• Like 3
  • LOL! 1

10 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

telephone/internet/cable providers...i can't understand how it isn't criminal the way they treat their customers.

Not be that guy but you should see how fucked we get by them up in Canada.  We have a regulatory board that is all chaired by ex telecom execs, some real nice cronyism on display. 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

6 hours ago, metronome said:

Not be that guy but you should see how fucked we get by them up in Canada.  We have a regulatory board that is all chaired by ex telecom execs, some real nice cronyism on display. 

I don't think that's strictly a Canadian thing.  We have similar situations, and then you have people in congress that are friends, investors, former employees, etc. that help maintain laws in their favor.  

Locally we have a regulatory commission that fines a utility for shit like providing a slow response to outages in a storm.  But even if they get fined, the company just increases the customer rates to make up for it, so the only one who is really punished is the customer.

• Truth 2

I just had the most outrageous dinner experience at my favorite Mongolian bbq joint yesterday. I pulled up to the restaurant and the parking lot was dead. As I'm pulling up the cops scream into the parking lot behind me. The cops wreckless eyeballing me and I'm like "great. I'm dead." I hop out of the van and head towards the door and the manager is rushing out. Cool they are open. The manager is smiling big and gestures for me to go in. More cops tear into the parking lot and the manager is still smiling big and shaking his head up and down so I walk in. There is no one. The manager tells me to go sit down anywhere. I look at the time and it's 2:45. Sweet. Still made it for lunch. I ask him again what's up with all the cops as I head to the buffet. My man says "crazy customers. They are gone now." So my wife and I scroll up and make a bowl each of noodles and veggies to go on the grill.

So we both eat our 1 bowl. We are looking around for the lady that's usually there to bring us our check. She finally pops up and brings us our receipt. She charged us dinner prices for the buffet. And not only that but full price for one of their little ass bowls. The check was $42. She stood there right next to me while I filled out the receipt and did a big ass zero for the tip. She chased me down and told me that I forgot to leave a tip. I smiled at her and said "no thank you. Not this time." She started cussing me out in Chinese. $42 for two bowls of noodles and some veggies. Go tell the manager you need a tip you old hoe. I've been going to this joint for well over 15 years. This was the most disrespectful shit that's ever been done to me.

I started to read the reviews for this place and I would never have believed this shit if I didn't have this experience there yesterday. 

And now for your entertainment I present unto thee: Sort by lowest

• Like 1