The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Suicide in my social circle this week. 

Always liked the guy, think most people did, charismatic and intelligent person and a good listener type.

Fuck em though, I got no sympathy for folks that throw that kind of fucking into the lives of the people that care for them.

Maybe I got a bad attitude about it, maybe I am yet to find a way to accept such a hurtful act.

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

Having been deep into that hole, having been very close to attempting in my youth, all I'd ask is that you understand that where he was mentally when he made that decision was NOT a place of logic or reason. It seems selfish, and if in that time at the end he was able to see that it may have swayed him, but likely he was unable to see any path but that one he chose. 

Suicide is often the most lonely of acts.

(Lots of assumptions on my end about dude's situation: maybe debt, cheating, or some dark secret was the driver and not mental illness...)

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

16 minutes ago, Fist 666 said:

Having been deep into that hole, having been very close to attempting in my youth, all I'd ask is that you understand that where he was mentally when he made that decision was NOT a place of logic or reason. It seems selfish, and if in that time at the end he was able to see that it may have swayed him, but likely he was unable to see any path but that one he chose. 

Suicide is often the most lonely of acts.

(Lots of assumptions on my end about dude's situation: maybe debt, cheating, or some dark secret was the driver and not mental illness...)

Yeah having “been to the edge, I stood and looked down” myself, I can relate to the situation but at the same time if you have read my posts since my return you would have read my thoughts and experience with the big “S”, so I can understand the impetus behind it.

And with this world getting harder to even exist within than ever, I have a feeling it is only going to get more prevalent going forward.

18 minutes ago, morton said:

I am sure that fist has the better approach, and reading and thinking about it a little I suppose I can open my perspective the smallest of amounts to have a little more compassion.

I cosign what Fist said about it being the choice that only the loneliness could make, and if you need further reason to be compassionate, it would at least facilitate you being able to go on without some underlying bitterness or resentment rooting itself somewhere deep in your consciousness. 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 5:59 AM, morton said:

Suicide in my social circle this week. 

Always liked the guy, think most people did, charismatic and intelligent person and a good listener type.

Fuck em though, I got no sympathy for folks that throw that kind of fucking into the lives of the people that care for them.

Maybe I got a bad attitude about it, maybe I am yet to find a way to accept such a hurtful act.

I have to agree with you.  I had a buddy in high school do the samething.  Some people where pissed and didn't show up for the funeral.  I understood why they were pissed, I mean, suicide is self righteous so, when the person is lowered, respected, and cared for by others.  It's prettyuch a slap in the face to everyone around.   

So no, I don't think your attitude is bad, it's a genuine natural reaction because you cared. Not saying the people who didn't get pissed didn't care.  What I am saying is that we all react differently to people we care about that's all.  

• Truth 1

Do you guys feel that forums will always have a potential to come back to the glory days of the beginning of the millennium given the ability to interact in a public forum with some degree of anonymity as opposed to the app based social media whereby everything is ultimately an ego driven shit show that sees you moderating your voice and tonality out of a 1984 like fear of being cancelled?

• Like 3

I'm always hopeful. I'm gonna ask my nieces and nephews what forums they go to and see if they even know what ol unc is on about. I know the 15 year old fucks heavy with YouTube, discord and sending dick pics to young ladies. He would probably have fit in great around here 20 years ago.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 3

8 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

i never really got forums until a bit later in the 2000's. didn't join 12oz until 2007 myself.

what i did have around the turn of the century, however, was aol chatrooms.

I remember irc chatrooms from about that time.

And i’m trying to make my train journey home, there was “an incident” that stopped trains running and I had to catch a replacement bus service to another station.

This was just after last night in my Why bother thread or the subsequent conversation I had with someone whereby I remarked that I could always jump in front of a train if existing was too much, but I’m not that big of a pussy, because pussys are to be penetrated and I’m not going to allow myself to be victim of any penetrations that isn’t food or drink going into My mouth, believe that.

• Like 1

This made up ass graphic I found online is a fair representation of mental state and how it can quickly fluctuate for those who aren’t healed or balanced correctly. (Like myself) 

IMG_5377.thumb.jpeg.022bb1b55a8615801912ac72aa242fbc.jpeg

The upward motion is always more difficult but when you’re flyin high, you’re really flying high and thriving! But the downward spiral happens quick and heavy and feels impossible to crawl out of. 
I have fallen in that hole about 3 times in the last 6 yrs. Those 6 years have been the sober years after 16 yrs of opioids misuse 

those 3 times I can remember vividly. 
-I went to walk off a bridge 

-I asked for my dudes gun 

-I had no plans I just know I didn’t want to be here anymore 

all 3 times I had to push my mental soooo fucking far to the front to convince myself that 24HOURS CHANGES SO MANY THINGS and to sleep it off. 
As much as my soul and my heart are depleted I know it’s the wrong move. I take anything I can to knock me out ( some advil pm or NyQuil. Benedryl. Idc. As long as it sleeps me. I put my earbuds in to a song on repeat that makes me think of my daughter, I curl up in the corner of the bed and bawl myself to sleep. becaue at that moment she is the ONLY thing keeping me here. 
I don’t know who I’ve ever shared that with but here we are on an open forum. I have a great life looking in. And I’m the typical “strong friend”. But I can distinctly recall three hugs that someone reached out to me and said “can I hug you?” Those hugs were incredibly poignant. 3. Since 2020. And the few that check in. I’ll be forever grateful for you @mr.yuck
im usually the hugger. The cheerleader. The vibey one. The “.you got this” or “how can I help you get through this” one 

my uncle commited suicidal at 45  

my gramma rested herself peacefully at 56

One aunt went “missing’ and was found deceased with ‘natural causes’ at 55 (victim on a case which aired on “America’s Most Wanted” several years prior) 

other aunt had heart failure at 57 

mother is still alive at 68 (not sure of health. Haven’t spoke in 20 yrs) she has outlived any previousq family member. 

We were mad at my uncle. SO MAD!! how selfish! (He left a family) And then suddenly you have your back against the wall and you feel there is really No. Other. Choice. 

People have often mentioned when I’m being standoffish that they just let me be and they create distance.  This is probably the worst thing to do when you sense that. 

go hug someone. 

• Like 6

likewise @SMdoubleXL

or any of you .

Not that a random guy from the other side of the world can realistically do much.
But it's sunny here when it's dark there so if you need invite is open.

it's very strange I oscillate  up and down the right hand side of that graphic but the left gets the occasional visit for me.

• Like 3
  • Truth 1

15 hours ago, SMdoubleXL said:

This made up ass graphic I found online is a fair representation of mental state and how it can quickly fluctuate for those who aren’t healed or balanced correctly. (Like myself) 

IMG_5377.thumb.jpeg.022bb1b55a8615801912ac72aa242fbc.jpeg

The upward motion is always more difficult but when you’re flyin high, you’re really flying high and thriving! But the downward spiral happens quick and heavy and feels impossible to crawl out of. 
I have fallen in that hole about 3 times in the last 6 yrs. Those 6 years have been the sober years after 16 yrs of opioids misuse 

those 3 times I can remember vividly. 
-I went to walk off a bridge 

-I asked for my dudes gun 

-I had no plans I just know I didn’t want to be here anymore 

all 3 times I had to push my mental soooo fucking far to the front to convince myself that 24HOURS CHANGES SO MANY THINGS and to sleep it off. 
As much as my soul and my heart are depleted I know it’s the wrong move. I take anything I can to knock me out ( some advil pm or NyQuil. Benedryl. Idc. As long as it sleeps me. I put my earbuds in to a song on repeat that makes me think of my daughter, I curl up in the corner of the bed and bawl myself to sleep. becaue at that moment she is the ONLY thing keeping me here. 
I don’t know who I’ve ever shared that with but here we are on an open forum. I have a great life looking in. And I’m the typical “strong friend”. But I can distinctly recall three hugs that someone reached out to me and said “can I hug you?” Those hugs were incredibly poignant. 3. Since 2020. And the few that check in. I’ll be forever grateful for you @mr.yuck
im usually the hugger. The cheerleader. The vibey one. The “.you got this” or “how can I help you get through this” one 

my uncle commited suicidal at 45  

my gramma rested herself peacefully at 56

One aunt went “missing’ and was found deceased with ‘natural causes’ at 55 (victim on a case which aired on “America’s Most Wanted” several years prior) 

other aunt had heart failure at 57 

mother is still alive at 68 (not sure of health. Haven’t spoke in 20 yrs) she has outlived any previousq family member. 

We were mad at my uncle. SO MAD!! how selfish! (He left a family) And then suddenly you have your back against the wall and you feel there is really No. Other. Choice. 

People have often mentioned when I’m being standoffish that they just let me be and they create distance.  This is probably the worst thing to do when you sense that. 

go hug someone. 

I cosign being here should anyone care to reach out, PM me and I will flick you my Facebook email address or whatever unless you (or anyone else) just post in my "Why Bother" thread as I created that topic in what I feel is a similar mindset to the one which possibly provoked this post.

And the responses in that thread show how the people here actually care about the other people who positively contribute here, and they provide the reASSurance that having a sleep is pretty much the solution to letting your negative emotional states pass.

The thing about the graphic you posted is that it tries to simplify what is an unquantifiable experience that relates to the individual in the moment. Whilst there exists commonality in the spectrum of emotions we experience, it doesn't account for psychopaths who consciously derive pleasure in fucking people over for their own gain or sadistic sense of amusement, and it is these types of people who render one's ability to adhere to this graphic obsolete as they can just manipulate you to any point in the spectrum at any moment due to their unpredictable nature and propensity to try causer chaos. 

• Props 2

8 hours ago, Mauler5150 said:

The thing about the graphic you posted is that it tries to simplify what is an unquantifiable experience that relates to the individual in the moment. Whilst there exists commonality in the spectrum of emotions we experience, it doesn't account for psychopaths who consciously derive pleasure in fucking people over for their own gain or sadistic sense of amusement, and it is these types of people who render one's ability to adhere to this graphic obsolete as they can just manipulate you to any point in the spectrum at any moment due to their unpredictable nature and propensity to try causer chaos. 

I agree wholeheartedly 

people like me are repeatedly attracted to this type  (maybe not complete psychopaths, but definitely the narcissistic type who know how to sway that graphic) 

after all my mental breakdowns and breakthroughs I’ve learned that setting boundaries and keeping balance is what is gonna work best for me. 
stopping this scale at the green marks (my boundaries) eliminates the extreme highs and lows that cause that imbalance. 

47A432AA-209E-4086-954D-3C699C2F683E.thumb.jpeg.041f1a3bfc0abfea43f74a53bc6fc0a6.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SMdoubleXL said:

I agree wholeheartedly 

people like me are repeatedly attracted to this type  (maybe not complete psychopaths, but definitely the narcissistic type who know how to sway that graphic) 

after all my mental breakdowns and breakthroughs I’ve learned that setting boundaries and keeping balance is what is gonna work best for me. 
stopping this scale at the green marks (my boundaries) eliminates the extreme highs and lows that cause that imbalance. 

47A432AA-209E-4086-954D-3C699C2F683E.thumb.jpeg.041f1a3bfc0abfea43f74a53bc6fc0a6.jpeg

Well as One who sways between complete psychopathic narcissiSM through to benevolent altruist, it eventually dawned upon Me that applying such labels to Myself only limits My infinite capacity to where My personality type is more reactionary to the input data and energy that surrounds Me at any given time, as My core foundational base is around giving and receiving "Love", yet due to our Human evolutionary trait of needing to be consciously aware of threats to our lives and thus existence, the need to get into a disparaging state of rage is sometimes necessary.

Especially if I am seeking to manifest a greater existence than that which presently exists, I essentially need to incarnate or manifest daemons and relegate these effigies of energy of which I wish to exorcise and divorce from Myself along My path to self-actualisation such that I can effectively banish such energy into a form that is defeatable via Me laughing and berating those whom seem to relish in such energy as being the core facet (and the contrary state of existence to my core default of "Love") of their identity.

Whilst this may seem like rhetorical nonsense, I will phrase it this way. In order for One like Myself to view my character as a "Good Natured, Loving Benevolent avatar of God" there must exist a contrary "Evil, or Demon" that I not only must purge from My infinite capacity for creation, but I must defeat as a way of providing not only meaning to My own life and existence, but as a way of passing the false notion of "time" that doesn't exist when you view yourself as an eternal, infinite and immortal being who will exist no matter what.

With this being my own "Hero's Journey" of sorts, I can use all types of jokes and metaphors as I exist primarily as "The Mirror" who is not only unafraid of acknowledging my own self perceived flaws and "demons" but in being beyond reproach and thus, judgement, of Myself, to the point I have learned to love Myself and My ability to have chosen the "moral and righteous path" (read as never choosing to use "downer" drugs - as the dead are those who reside down in the ground, or using needles to inject uppers - as it crosses the line to being a junkie who has no limits against impaling their avatar which is created in the image of God, in their quest to cross the line from being a high seeker to someone who sees themselves as  being in. a default lower state of existence in the first place - hence the need to try "get high") and I am thus unafraid to "Shine the Light" upon those who would do such things as I do not judge but rather pose the question to them of "You realize the psychological impetus behind your decision to use drugs in such a way truly is because you are viewing yourself as being "lower than God" to begin with, right?"

Anyway I have digressed a little, but you get the point I am making and the reason I am making it is to try and nullify the ability to ride the spirals depicted in the image you posted, or at least help others better understand the root causes of why you may find yourself at any point on the image.

With this said, having the name of Luke, which means "The Bringer of Light", it was kind of My destiny or scripted fate that I would reach the point whereby I would be unafraid to psychologically screw with the psyche of those whose decisions and regrets they would seek to repress and ignore as skeletons in their closets, yet I am unafraid to present Myself as an evolved version of person who has defeated any and all such iterations of Myself to where I view others as either past incarnations of Myself or other versions of Myself that I could have become if I had made other choices.

As after all, God is beyond reproach or judgement, and I could morally justify murder, baby rape, or whatever other bullshit and morally fucked action that contravenes the Golden Rule to which I adhere, given that the baby or murder victim is just God, as everything else in this world is, and I would just be God fucking God by raping babies, to use the most extreme example of what is justifiable if you live a life without placing boundaries and rules of some kind - primarily the Golden Rule, as I don't kill as I don't wish to be killed, I don't rape as I don't wish to be raped,  I don't steal as I don't wish to be stolen from and so on. 

So those guilty of having chosen to do such things, I only exist as the mirror that unveils and calls those out who have done the things they would not want done to them, as it provides Me with an endless source of entertainment and laughter derived at their expense, similar to how we laugh at videos of people hurting themselves trying stupid things, I do this on a psychological level, and it is infinitely more entertaining to be able to damage people to the point the weight on their conscience becomes so great that they can never experience genuine laughter or any modicum of the spectrum of happiness forevermore whilst they are cursed to live an existence whereby they live on hating and being unable to forgive themselves. 

The way I phrased it to a couple of guys who were 32 and 19 that I went and had beers with from the backpackers I am staying at last night is like this.

If you can view yourself as God, you create your equal and partner by handing over the keys to creation to make a world for you to live in and inhabit. As such, you separate yourself from Her, and she manifests an infinite number of creatures, humans and animals and attempts to trick you by making you jealous or envious, by depicting false acts of sex, materialism and "love" to taunt you, and it could drive you insane.

But if you view yourself as God, then you understand what love actually is, and it is why you fearlessly hand over the keys to creation in the ultimate gesture of love, knowing that no matter what she attempts to create or manifest that eventually after she dooms everyone and everything she creates to a certain and inevitable death at which point she returns and You, as God, who has always known there exists nobody and nothing better than the love you have offered and proven capable of giving, You get to say "I told you so" as you either both laugh together at how stupid she was as she then understands what love truly is and you only handed over fear to her by giving her the keys to creation as unless she obeys theGolden Rule and shares or hands back "Control" of the simulation, then she lives with nothing but the fear of returning and having to judge herself and her failure to have understood the initial gesture of love you gave by making her the Developer (Dev Eloper - as she was the one who ran off and abandoned God in the first place for an inferior illusionary world filled with a 8 billion derivative pretenders in the form of humans she supposedly chose "over you" as part of the trick) 

TLDR. While a Whore might seek to play Men she views as "tricks" by playing the role of the Devil, she only ultimately tricks herself in the eyes of God.

• Props 1

Also you want to teach kids about porn, tell them this.

If you view yourself as the highest form of Human that is closest to God incarnated as a Man or Woman, then you have to see your connection to everyone and everything and thus, when you watch porn, you are watching your Mother and Father or your Brother and Sister, or any combination of these fuck and thus you are not only committing incest but you collectively are all raping each other simultaneously but mentally, psychologically and physically.

In effect, if you can deal with living with this on your conscience, then use science and technology to go down such a path but don't say I didn't put the lessons explicitly in this post such that it is easy to understand.

As whilst I might be a complete psychopath in seeing that as the Angel of Death or "God",  the ultimate joke that can be made is to manifest humans as they are, have them develop attachments to possessions, money, people, animals, family, jobs, friends, and nature, only to take all these things from them upon their departure from this realm in the ultimate "rug pull" whereby you expose the fact that such attachments to extraneous things as a means of obfuscating the truth that their character and existence was nothing but a lie that renders their existence meaningless beyond being the butt of a joke you made at the expense of their entire life and existence itself, punctuated by Me laughing at them in the end saying "I told you so, and now you see how My continued efforts to educate you along the way which you all chose to ignore was Me giving Myself love all along but you were all too stupid to understand or believe Me, and you only have yourselves to blame".

Now that is about as "Gay" in the happiness definition of the word that I, as a Man (with a capital M) can make at the expense of "men" and "women" around Me.