The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

thought I remembered correctly. Carry on.

In other news I have a 4 day course as a pre-job screening training/interview type of thing I have to wake up at 7-30 (about 7 hours from now) for. I have been getting up at 1pm each day as it has been too cold to get out of bed earlier. Wish me luck.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
20 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Good luck. Don't make any mention of the matrix world and you should be good.

I wish I had read this post earlier as it is too late for that hahaha.

I had a couple Redbulls which made me a bit hyper, but I think I made a positive impression and conveyed my ability to empathise and my experience in a similar role.

Either way, I am just grateful to be in a different environment for a few days around people whose situation is similar to mine as it is a reminder that I deal with life's struggles in a less stressful way than others. 

• Like 1
  • Props 2

Did anyone ever think what would happen if you snorted the red pill and the blue pill at the same time. I think I'm dealing with one of them right now. Hit me up at 530 in the morning asking me if the paint was on a particular job that we've already finished. Unacceptable. 

These people have too much access to me.

I recently started subcontracting work for a guy who owns his own plumbing business. I just found out he plays a few different characters for his business. He is the owner Antwon. He is the lead plumber Big Mark. And he is also some times the estimator Charles. He is playing a crazy fucking game of always being able to shift the blame of why the job is getting so expensive off on "the man" when he shows up as Big Mark. No one has direct access to him as Antwon the owner. Nobody really cares to bother Charles the office worker. The shits kind of brilliant.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 3

4 hours ago, Mauler5150 said:

I had a couple Redbulls which made me a bit hyper, but I think I made a positive impression and conveyed my ability to empathise and my experience in a similar role.

Good luck dude!

A846C183-2ADB-4710-8E52-0198213CEB09.gif

• LOL! 3

No idea what that scene is from but I get the sentiment.

I got to sleep at about 2 am and got drenched by pouring rain about 20m out the front gate after leaving this morning at 7-45. Great start to the day but nothing a Redbull and some Maccas chicken nuggets won't sort out as my guts feel screwed up due to my eating pattern being completely ruined.

I have a feeling I will get sick from this after being fine for  year or so. 

Madness. Yet maybe I am just allergic to work?

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

I am at a wedding - always feel like a red headed step child. For one I dont drink and secondly I am not one to small talk or give a fuck. 

Damn bro, anti-social sorta sucks. 

I hear you on this.

I used to get flown to NZ for the christmas party and for some reason while the rest of my team would be sat together I'd get sat at a random table with some mopes I have zero in talking to and who have zero interest in talking to me.

fucking painful.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

On 5/5/2023 at 9:45 PM, nicklesndimes said:

hey serious inquiry here..

paint thinner or mineral spirits to clean old caps? any success at all? i tried once years ago and it didn't work so idk..

16833411161778998334251907010886.jpg

soak in a cup of wd-40 , take them out and let them dry , soak in a cup of industry grade nail polish varnish remover .

using centrifimatacal force helps loosen the inner tube paint gunk up so just do that a few times each step.

i had decent luck just using a super thin sewing needle after the varnish step , but you have to make sure everything is a decent room temp

Edited by MOOGLE?
moist
  • Like 1
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, MOOGLE? said:

soak in a cup of wd-40 , ltake them out and let them dry , soak in a cup of industry grade nail polish varnish remover .

using centrifimatacal force helps loosen the inner tube paint gunk up so just do that a few times each step.

i had decent luck just using a super thin sewing needle after the varnish step , but you have to make sure everything is a decent room temp

3316E48B-E23F-4916-A09B-E2EEAD512534.gif

• LOL! 1

I just had my first "Am I really that old" moment, and it wasn't great. 

This guy came by selling his pest service routine and my wife told him to go in the back and talk to me. The dude was a good sales man and I was like "yeah, yeah. So you're gonna make the bugs go away? Say less!" We ended up bullshitting, not about big services, just this and that. He eventually said some shit like "back in the mid 2000s when I was young..." My brain was instantly like damnit man. In the mid 2000s I was runnin these streets and being a grade a asshole. So I asked him how old was he anyway. He poked his chest out and said I'm 24. How old are you? I told him I'll be 42 this year and he was like oh cool, you and my mom are the same age. 

Haha. That's all. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 3

On 5/23/2023 at 2:22 PM, ndv said:

Y'all hear about this???

DoorDash faces lawsuit accusing it of charging iPhone users more for delivery

The company has allegedly been tacking extra fees on top of iPhone users' bills.

https://www.engadget.com/doordash-faces-lawsuit-accusing-it-of-charging-iphone-users-more-for-delivery-140017302.html

having worked for apps before... every part of the experience can be exploited. also delivery apps fuck up restaurants and screw over drivers. just go get it yourself 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

8 minutes ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

having worked for apps before... every part of the experience can be exploited. also delivery apps fuck up restaurants and screw over drivers. just go get it yourself 

I ordered some food from an indian joint the other day through Uber eats.

The app is all "add a tip for the driver and I'm like "sweet it's horrible out there and I wouldn't want to drive that road in the rain" and add 5%.

The estimated time comes and goes and I'm about to ring the restaurant when an indian guy in a hooptie with the restaurants name on the side pulls into the driveway and delivers the food. Meanwhile Uber is still showing as waiting to be picked up.

As soon as he leaves I tick the "delivered "and then realise Uber has just nabbed a 4.80 tip for exactly nothing.

I got stooged

Think the restaurant was pretty smart - instead of having to try build the delivery service get listed on Uber eats and just deliver it yourself.

fuck Uber in it's shitty gaping arse. should give that tip to the restaurant or refund it.

And fuck me for using them.

• Like 1
  • Truth 2
  • LOL! 1

I dont use any of those apps - I dont trust them and never have. Full boomer status basically.

My girl is all about it. I have talked to enough dudes in jail that say they deliver for me to consider the whole operation hella sus. 

If its not pizza - Im not getting it delivered. Thats that. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

14 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

I ordered some food from an indian joint the other day through Uber eats.

The app is all "add a tip for the driver and I'm like "sweet it's horrible out there and I wouldn't want to drive that road in the rain" and add 5%.

The estimated time comes and goes and I'm about to ring the restaurant when an indian guy in a hooptie with the restaurants name on the side pulls into the driveway and delivers the food. Meanwhile Uber is still showing as waiting to be picked up.

As soon as he leaves I tick the "delivered "and then realise Uber has just nabbed a 4.80 tip for exactly nothing.

I got stooged

Think the restaurant was pretty smart - instead of having to try build the delivery service get listed on Uber eats and just deliver it yourself.

fuck Uber in it's shitty gaping arse. should give that tip to the restaurant or refund it.

And fuck me for using them.

yeah every delivery app has been caught doing wage theft for stealing tips. you should assume your tip does not actually go to your driver, or at least not in full. (there is no bottom for these people) 

this restaurant probably just uses uber eats as a service for processing orders, it's easier than doing it on your own. but yeah, tip the driver yourself next time. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

I hopped out of my car to help a turtle make it across the street in my neighborhood today. Some one coming from the other direction slowed as they rolled by to see what I was doing and when they figured it out, they straight gave me the gas face.

Fuckin, I don't know whats wrong with people anymore, but I'm gonna remember that car and never smile and nod at them as they drive by. Gonna straight gas face that animal hating buster every chance I get.

• Props 6
  • LOL! 1

Woah woah woah. I'm not gonna sit here and front like deviled eggs are the fucking shit and this is the end of the world. I only eat those hoes one day out of the year. But like,,, that's a solid fuckin stance to take @fat ralphy

Nevermind. Fuck em. Let's ride on em. Deviled eggs lovers are the ops.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 2