The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 4/4/2023 at 9:08 PM, fat ralphy said:

Damn being a solo parent is exhausting sometimes - like mentally, sometimes you just want to say “alright you little shits, imma be happy as fuck when you bounce to your moms tomorrow.”

i love my kids man but shit is a grind with the elementary and middle school age

Your kids got better hands and throws than @DRUNKEN-ASSHOLE-ONER’s kid?

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

On 5/6/2020 at 1:23 PM, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I really hate making new threads I don't feel need to be new threads. But. When a guy doesn't have many other places he'd rather go searching for advice of general feedback, ya gotta stick to what you know. Using the search function turned up short in trying to find what I thought existed as a general advice thread. We have almost every other form of it on here. But nothing ultra non-specific. Should we not have a place to bring questions or topics that are vast and cool and vast or not even that cool? A place like "random thots" (which I love btw) but not that random and genuinely seeking at least a little bit of serious responses lol. Anyhow, hopefully this shit doesn't end up under the fucking rug or behind the couch like 100's of other threads that never made it. @misterraven what happens with all of that shit anyways? Idk I suppose that's maybe a stupid easy computer nerd answer. And a great segue into the first topic...I also hate saying "I really hate." Sounding like a valley girl. But for real though please post and or reply...

For the past several weeks I've been putting off buying a new MacBook for my multimedia design degree. I know I've been over due a long time and just couldn't let go of the struggle computer I've been holding on to for a decade. Pretty sure me and @KILZ FILLZwere both bothering some of yall about ways to stick with old glory and not go new. Anyways, fresh new school and beginnings, fresh new MacBook right? Na not me. Gotta find that deal. Too many motherfuckers go straight to buying new. So I find myself at this reuse and refurb shop I heard about and I went down to check it out because they supposedly did finance. Here is the problem. 

When I pull up to the store its a whole lot of wiggly overcompensating sale and blowout signs. I have adopted some serious anxiety in my older years and I always need to case a unfamiliar place before entering. Immediately, AND HERE IS MY ISSUE, I KNOW NEW 12OZ IS WITH THE SHITS WHEN IT COMES TO SOCIAL/RACIAL/ME TOO WHATEVERTHEFUCK BUT I GOTTA GET SOME NOT SO POLITICALLY CORRECT THINGS OFF MY CHEST. SO! Immediately I notice what appears to be a black owned computer shop. ima stop right here and announce my own fault of being so ridiculous and out of pocket but I said right then and there..."ain't no way these brothas own a computer shop in the hood. Its gotta be some Nigerian niggas in there for sure. Gotta watch for the scams." RED LIGHT. Pause. That shit is racist as fuck! Now not only was there some reversed racism in there but also why in the fuck do I think ALL NIGERIANS are scam artists...?! I'll tell you why. Profiling and weirdo rumors. I've never met a nigerian scam artist in my life . But I've always HEARD they stay robbin niggas LOL. Mannnnnn. Let me tell yall it only got worse when I went in and found the space gray shit I wanted. I asked them (it was 3 in there) "So uhhh, yall closing down soon or some shit? I see all the blow out sale signs outside. Hope yall ain't selling off product just to turn around and break out. Yall got warranties in here??" Awkward silence and response "of course we do, it's just been really hard staying afloat with covid and all." Ahite cool I understand that. Then I asked about finance and the dude directs me over to this janky older desktop Mac for "the application." I took 5 seconds acting like I was filling shit out and just blurted out "Na I'm good. I don't really trust this." I got some weird looks and some African talk amongst themselves and then a guy said what type of finance company it was. I still shot it down and said  "Will yall take 1k??" "No, sir. We do not bargain here. This is not a pawn shop." Ok cool. My bad. I'm in a real pickle and just decided to buy it out right. Transaction made. I left feeling HELLA uncomfortable for several reasons. Being a racist. Thinking I still some how got scammed. Thinking about my bank acct. Being a racist stereo typing ass motherfucker. Mostly that last shit.  And I still feel this way but now the sketchy scam paranoia is carried on to my everyday life and I can't stop worrying about if these niggas got some weirdo bug in my shit that can stream all my information. COMPUTER NERDS! PLEASE HELP ME FEEL SAFE WITH MY SHIT AND TELL A BROTHA TO STOP BEING A PUSSY. I need the no nigga your shit is not bugged program and this is how to keep it that way.  I don't know how or why I got to this point of crazy and that's kind of why I started the thread. 

Do any of yall feel like you've lost sight of yourself and your beliefs in a negative or a positive light? I feel like asshole. But it is what it be. 

IMG_7135.thumb.JPG.62b4078751a208b372ddcc6d79ae2ff2.JPG

Feel free to chime in and or post your own shit you feel you might need a little bit of direction with. 

did you ever fix this Nigerian Macontosh?

• Truth 1