The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
4 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

You must be hella frugal. Pretty sure I’d be far better off financially if I didn’t go to the bodega 17 times a day. Mad drinks kid. 

Bro. When I was really out there grinding, I would go to Walgreens right outside the neighborhood every night and drop $20-$30 on munchies. Every day. Without fail. I did the math and realized I was spending anywhere from $7000-$10,000 a year on midnight snacks. That was also outside of fastfood and cigarettes. 

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 2

I can't sleep. Santa's gonna skip my house this year. I pointed my salamander heater under the house and let her rip for about 30 mins. Now the entire inside of my house smells like diesel fumes. The building I'm painting right now had a pipe burst in the ceiling and straight wrecked everything. They are postponing the job until the insurance claim goes through. So there goes a shit ton of scratch. Let's wrap this year the fuck up already.

• LOL! 1

@fat ralphyon the contrary the older I get the more fucked up and awkward I get about christmas and it has nothing to do with my childhood. I like Christmas and the spirit of giving or helping, but like the commodification of the whole thing feels kinda gross to me. It's disappointing when we go do Christmas with my wife's family, and I've been a part of this family for 15 years now, they know I don't celebrate Christmas with gifts and shit, I 100% don't want anything from them for Christmas but maybe a hug and some well wishes. But never the less, every year I get a couple things out of some kind of obligatory guilt. And it's always some fucking Spencer's or Hot topic gift. Not even a gag gift. Just like... For example one year I got a pocket knife. Cool I suppose. But it was a Batman pocket knife that said "why so serious" down the side of it, like you might get for the edgy 13 year old in your life. Haha. Bro I'm 40+ years old and you think I'm out here in these streets like the joker of some shit?

I dunno man. Just say you don't know me that well to get me a meaningful gift and that you don't have any intention of getting to know me that well. Otherwise keep your money. It's really all good.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 2

Today was the busiest most non chill Christmas in a long time. Too much driving and visitings. Good solid vibes though. I been in a shit fuck depression for months. Pushed all through that and somehow managed to not get in a yearly Christmas fight with my old lady. Success all around but I had one too many beers/shots to do it and now I’m typing phone keyboard with one eye open . Little broth I ain’t seen in about 3 4 years proposes to his high school sweetheart heart that was pretty sweet but I really wanted to tell the lil nigga naw don’t do it brehlito lololol. 

• Like 4
  • Truth 2

Was supposed to go in to work but I caught the vid. 
my kid was dancing at Disneyland. 3rd year now. 
it’s  really not the same when you have a grown kid and no family (except dude here)

we didn’t even cook. Swapped a few gifts. Told the kid I’d pay her phone bill this next year. Binged old big brother. Gave the dogs a bath.
we keep it way simple. 
keep it stress/expectation free

No resentment  for spending obligated money. 

merry Christmas 🎄  

• Like 3
  • Props 1