The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

Straight fucked up in the game right now. Waiting on a decent check that's supposed to drop tomorrow. Just got a text last night saying that the only lady that cuts checks is out on jury duty right now and they "will update me with more info on Wednesday."

I've been on 3 estimates for whole house repaints in the past couple weeks. I give people the price on the spot and I literally watched all of them gasp. I encourage them to please get at least 2 other quotes and call me back and that we can break the job down into more manageable chunks. I haven't heard back from anyone. Purse strings are tightening around here and that is making me nervous.

Edited by mr.yuck
  • Like 3

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, mr.yuck said:

It's a really weird feeling to be really really good at something and not be able to make a good living at it anymore. This is a new feeling for me, and I don't like it.

That's shitty to hear, man. 

I feel the boom is finally bustin'. I'm nervous for what spring/summer is gonna be like. Trying to grab the OT now cause it may disappear...

• Truth 2

1 minute ago, Fist 666 said:

That's shitty to hear, man. 

I feel the boom is finally bustin'. I'm nervous for what spring/summer is gonna be like. Trying to grab the OT now cause it may disappear...

Thanks bro. It's a weird feeling. It's like an overall sense of dispair. And for the most part I know it's all in my head cuz I can always jump back into insurance restoration work. People will always have a $500 deductible handy or what ever to rebuild their entire fucking house. Me and a couple homies are actually teaming up to start our own insurance business so we can profit off of all ends. Nobodys making any actual moves to sit down and work out a financial plan. That might also be part of this dead inside feeling.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

Mofos using backscubbers to wash their ass smh. 

I let my girl wash my butt and its quite enjoyable. 

You should huff ether then let her wash your butt. It's a completely different experience 

• Props 1
  • LOL! 2

Hey bros. I'm feeling much better today. My shit I've been feeling the past few days has been described to me as something called depression. Fuck that shit. Never had depression before and I feel super bad for people that have that shit all the time. I got some exercise today. I went to Lowes and did laps around their store complaining about their rip off prices and telling their customers where they can get the same shit for half the price. That shit made me feel much better.

Edited by mr.yuck
  • Like 2
  • Props 4
  • LOL! 1

3 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Hey bros. I'm feeling much better today. My shit I've been feeling the past few days has been described to me as something called depression. Fuck that shit. Never had depression before and I feel super bad for people that have that shit all the time. I got some exercise today. I went to Lowes and did laps around their store complaining about their rip off prices and telling their customers where they can get the same shit for half the price. That shit made me feel much better.

Clint Eastwood Get Off My Lawn GIFs | Tenor

• LOL! 1

On 1/24/2023 at 3:42 PM, mr.yuck said:

It's a really weird feeling to be really really good at something and not be able to make a good living at it anymore. This is a new feeling for me, and I don't like it.

Man I feel you. Many times I've wished that I would of spent all those years learning and crafting skills in another art form or instrument. Basically anything, that at the least, I could pursue to my fullest potential without risking my freedom and at the most have prospects of making an actual career out of it.

Even just something I could mention as a hobby or personal skill in an interview.

But all in all, graffiti did give me amazing adventures as a teenager, exploring areas of mine and other towns with my best friends, places I would have no business being at otherwise. All the great creative people I met and the life long friends I would of never talked to if not for having this niche, almost secret society like hobby in common.

How people from all walks of life can relate on a level no one else understands.

Also back in highschool the classic favorite of every writer; girls in class asking "can you draw my name"

Fuck ya I can.

Eventually meeting all my idols and hanging out and painting with people I looked at like celebrities when I was a teenager.  Kind of taking a hiatus in my early 20s and when I came back finding out that all my favorite bay legends were still at it. 

Then as an adult finding an entire new side of graff, the collecting side.

Amassing an insane amount of stickers canvases artwork and zines. Honestly probably going to far at some points but that feeling when you get the chance to finally get your hands on that Vampire Wizard Zues zine you've been looking for etc.

I totally get it. Putting so many hours into gaining a skill that only a select few can appreciate and that only really has value if you put in the risk of illegally making a name for your self where other writers want stuff by you. 

But we are where we are so I try to see the good I guess.

• Like 3
  • Props 1

2 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

I came up on so much meat today. Pork Butts at 99¢ an lb. I copped like 35 lbs. Chicken quarters at 79¢ an lb. So I copped 30 lbs of that shit. Your boy got the meats. DUN DUN DUN DUNNN.

So cheap you had to pay for it.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

31 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

I wish that first picture wasn't a broken image icon @One Man Banned

You mean the emojis?  If that's what you're referring to, I noticed recently that the emojis appear with that extra image to the left of them, even on the list of emojis.  Maybe @misteravencan assist.  Hey Raven, Happy New Year, welcome to 2023.  Remember us guys?

23 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

I need one of those chest freezers that Midwestern families keep out in the garage. If I had the extra space, I'd go clear out the rest of what they had. 

I mean yeah, but then where do you put the bodies?  Or how do you pull a "Carlito's Way?"

• Like 1
  • Truth 1