The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@nicklesndimesI got out of a lot of NYC traffic and parking tickets like that.  They have a law that if any info is written incorrectly on the ticket it becomes exempt or whatever.  They tried to send one back to me with a lesser fine instead and I sent that shit back "no" and quoted the law and the mistake and they had to throw it out.  NYC registration stickers have a bar code with all the car's info that they just scan and it fills in on the ticket.  I had an out of state car so they couldn't scan a bar code and they always managed to write in an inaccuracy about the car in the ticket.  Think I beat 5 tickets like that.  Anyhow, learned about it on the interwebz, saved me a lot of $$.

• Like 1
  • Props 3

On 11/19/2022 at 2:59 PM, Magnum OPiss said:

37B54311-8C10-46CB-A88F-1768B6F8CD36.jpeg

Super jealous. 2006 and never returned. Still one of my life’s greatest most memorable experiences. I had locals in different cities guiding the entire trip though. Can’t really imagine how I would have handled it dolo. What were you shooting with,  just the phone? Shits look dope! 

• Like 3
  • Truth 1

Some performers can keep in going and going, actually improving in their art with time. Jazz acts, classical come to mind as genres where the best performance may well be by senior citizens.

If it is just a cash grab by some geezer I will start clear but in the general case of there is a show to consider I say to go for it, never regret going as much as not going. 

• Like 2
  • Truth 2

@mortonone of my favorite bands is earth wind and fire. They used to come to play Portsmouths outdoor arena all the time. When I lived down town, I could sit out on my porch with a J and a drink and listen to them play all night. I always said I was actually going to go see one of their shows live. I bullshitted around too long and Maurice White, one of the original vocalists died in like 2017 or so. It's weird though, cuz the band has had several dozen instrument players roll in and out of the group over the years. Just doesn't feel right to go see them live anymore.

• Like 2
  • Props 1

One time I was working a Tom Petty show. Familiar with his music. Not familiar with how he looks. I started bitching to this old dude about how I didn’t want to be there and how tired I was. He agreed with all my complaints and said he’d rather be home. Turned out to be Tom Petty. A little while later he passed away. Moral of the story is don’t work when you’re old especially if you have a lot of money. 

• Like 3
  • Truth 1
  • Props 2
  • LOL! 1

General thought came because everyone is only getting older.  And no one wants to be old.  I think of people like Ozzy now, Stones was a good example too although they still sound good.  AC/DC lost a few and Brian Johnson can barely hear.    There are bands out there still putting on shows with one original member.  Most original fans are getting too old for mosh pits.  Even if people can perform they do lose some of their moves over time, vocal range, etc.

So what's the limit for you?  If your favorite MC can't prowl the stage will you still go see them spit sitting still on a throne? A wheelchair?  If Metallica can only play their songs in slow acoustic will you still go see them at 80?  I don't know who the oldest rocker still doing it is now, Bob Dylan maybe?

7 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

You should try kicking one foot up on the edge of the tub. I'm pretty sure that's the most manly experience you'll ever have.

Sometimes when I have a good stream, like breaking the seal on some beers, I'll start pissing and then start moving back from the bowl to see how far away I can get.  Or I make an O with my thumb and finger and pee through the center.  I piss while dropping monikers.  I piss and walk at the same time.  Partying like it's 2023.

• Props 3
  • LOL! 1

No to the pissing with hands up.

I got tickets to Dead and Friends last tour next Summer - like 3 dudes from the original group and they are all in their late 60s.

Santana fucking rips and he passed out on stage this year. Some of these young dudes are loaded and can barely perform at times.

I think its all about how much the artist can tap into the essence of their work regardless of age. 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

What would 12oz do?

So, I have this customer that orders 10 nameplates once a year.  PO is 680 bucks.  That's it, that's all.   I always come through when they need it, but I have to chase my money for roughly about 6 months. 

I basically have to threaten them to get my money, 1. I shouldn't have to and 2. It's just bad business practice.  

I am considering on dropping them.  Would you?

2 hours ago, ndv said:

What would 12oz do?

So, I have this customer that orders 10 nameplates once a year.  PO is 680 bucks.  That's it, that's all.   I always come through when they need it, but I have to chase my money for roughly about 6 months. 

I basically have to threaten them to get my money, 1. I shouldn't have to and 2. It's just bad business practice.  

How many years in a row have you danced this dance?

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

9 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

metallica lookin pretty old, too.

think Iron Maiden got them beat

combined Band age of 395 years but that involves having more members.

3 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

General thought came because everyone is only getting older.  And no one wants to be old.  I think of people like Ozzy now, Stones was a good example too although they still sound good.  AC/DC lost a few and Brian Johnson can barely hear.    There are bands out there still putting on shows with one original member.  Most original fans are getting too old for mosh pits.  Even if people can perform they do lose some of their moves over time, vocal range, etc.

So what's the limit for you?  If your favorite MC can't prowl the stage will you still go see them spit sitting still on a throne? A wheelchair?  If Metallica can only play their songs in slow acoustic will you still go see them at 80?  I don't know who the oldest rocker still doing it is now, Bob Dylan maybe?

I saw AC/DC about 6 years ago and they are geriatric still rocked but you kind of see the end coming. I will still go to shows to a degree but am starting to  experience that "see them before they die" sensation. I mean Ice T is 64 years old now. I had my first legal beers at his concert in sydney in 1992. he would have been mid 30's then.
Krs is 57

Chuck D is 62 

flava flav is 63.

George Clinton is 81 now that's a good innings to still be performing massive shows.

• Like 3
  • Truth 1

1 hour ago, ndv said:

What would 12oz do?

unless i feel like being nice, i let this happen once. after that, our agreement for any new work comes with my late payment clause.

my standard late fee is +10% of the amount owed after 30 days of delinquency. and it can be re-applied every 30 days. it's savage. 

since imposing this, i have always been paid on time. 

Edited by Elena Delle Donne
  • Like 3
  • Props 1