The general discussion thread within our general discussion.

11 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

I was just cruising around Zillow in my hometown and clicking random red dots. I clicked on one and it happened to be the same house I was living in 20 years ago with my homie and his moms in this fucked up ass neighborhood. Although we made the best of it and had some fun times, there were a lot of people that never made it out of that neighborhood. A lot of these memories are terrible and I’m in my feels a little right now.  I guess my mans mom escaped in 2008 and sold that shit hole for 45k. 

It looks like some one tried to remodel it and gave up. The money these houses are going for now is retarded.

There are a lot of new neighborhoods popping up in my area that are for rent or lease only. Kind of alarming and I'm surprised that "Americans" are somehow ok with putting "the dream" aside to rent indefinitely. 

When you die in your rental and shart yourself they'll just splash hot soapy water across the tile floors and paint the walls. Ready for the next tenant. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
2 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

There are a lot of new neighborhoods popping up in my area that are for rent or lease only. Kind of alarming and I'm surprised that "Americans" are somehow ok with putting "the dream" aside to rent indefinitely. 

When you die in your rental and shart yourself they'll just splash hot soapy water across the tile floors and paint the walls. Ready for the next tenant. 

interestng topic... i don't think people are okay with it. i think most people want to own a place (and i think a good chunk of them understand that a home is an appreciating asset, one of the single biggest factors in whether you are financially stable or not). 

but institutional investors like banks and investment firms and pension funds have also realized that homes are supposed to appreciate forever, indefinitely. so they've all added real estate to their portfolios, adding even more fuel to some markets. it's nakedly unsustainable. i know people who are paying 50-60% of their income just to own, or people who are paying less but have to drive 1-3 hours to get anywhere just because they want to own. a curse. 

Edited by Elena Delle Donne
  • Truth 1

6 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Kind of alarming and I'm surprised that "Americans" are somehow ok with putting "the dream" aside to rent indefinitely. 

if you had a good rental system with a bit more control over I think it could be to your advantage in a way. 

if the rent isn't too much more than repayments would be and you don't have to travel long distances and pay for repairs then it could be a viable option and invest your cheese elsewhere.

It wouldn't work for me but doubtless there are lots of people it would work for.

My slice of the Australian dream comes with a side serve of constantly maintaining my place and that cost would be the landlord's. 

But I think it would work better with private landlords not with an institution

Recall reading about some institutions  having around 85,000 rental properties they own and that isn't great. they would have too much power.

• Like 1

i'm a renter now in a city with good rent control (by american standards) and living well within my means on rent too. 40,000 people have left the city in the past two years, cooling off the market here. i'm going to buy when baby boomers really start dying in 5 years or so. 

Edited by Elena Delle Donne
  • Like 2
  • Truth 1

10 minutes ago, Schnitzel said:

if you had a good rental system with a bit more control over I think it could be to your advantage in a way. 

if the rent isn't too much more than repayments would be and you don't have to travel long distances and pay for repairs then it could be a viable option and invest your cheese elsewhere.

It wouldn't work for me but doubtless there are lots of people it would work for.

My slice of the Australian dream comes with a side serve of constantly maintaining my place and that cost would be the landlord's. 

But I think it would work better with private landlords not with an institution

Recall reading about some institutions  having around 85,000 rental properties they own and that isn't great. they would have too much power.

I can't imagine any scenario where me giving my money to my landlord so he can pay HIS mortgage + profit is good.  Renting to people isn't to be a good guy and help them, it's a supplemental form of income.  I'd be the worst landlord because I'd be raising your rent every single year by more than your boss raises your pay every year..... because profit..... and when you decide that you don't like it anymore, then c-ya!  Someone else with more money will be happy to come pay my mortgage.

I can't think of any way to spin renting as a good thing whether it's cars or houses..... also it is not the case in Austin that "rent is cheap".  It's anything but.  It's expensive and I can see how that forces people into permanent renting because they'll never save enough to buy something of their own living check to check due to high rent.

1 hour ago, One Man Banned said:

You bang your homie's mom?

yerrrk!

Lol Penny used to make bitches mad uncomfortable while they were scurrying in and out of the back door. Hopefully they could make it out without Penny cussing these “slut ass white bitches” out the back door.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

i'm a renter now in a city with good rent control (by american standards) and living well within my means on rent too. 40,000 people have left the city in the past two years, cooling off the market here. i'm going to buy when baby boomers really start dying in 5 years or so. 

I was reading up on Korea and how their rent system works. Apparently one way of renting is to put down a large chunk of money into an escrow type account that creates interest. The landlord collects the interest payments as rent. When you want to move you get all of your money back and are never behind. Everyone wins.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

I was reading up on Korea and how their rent system works. Apparently one way of renting is to put down a large chunk of money into an escrow type account that creates interest. The landlord collects the interest payments as rent. When you want to move you get all of your money back and are never behind. Everyone wins.

if we didn't hate poor people we would let rent payments build credit or make them partially  deductible in the way that mortgages are. alas 

• Truth 2

Last two places I rented used an automatic lease payment service that had the option of reporting your lease payments on your credit, and any account (including the one rent was paid from) can earn interest, and receive automatic deposits from investments.

If we're being honest, Americans are economically retarded compared to Koreans, it's not because they have these programs over there. It's just that we almost never spend less than what we make here, no matter the income level. Only a very small percentage of renters here would even have enough net worth saved up to have interest cover the utilities bills, let alone rent.

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

Well so I asked my buddy if he tried any breast milk.  He said his girl got mad at him.  I asked why, and his response was.  I went home and asked her if I could knock her up so I can suck on your titties because I wanna see if breast milk upsets my stomach. 

He said, she told him NO, and you're not having any of my vreadt milk, that's gross and that's for babies. 

So at this point I told him about the ladies selling their milk for 6 pounds and ounce.  So now I gotta get him some. 

Hang tight everyone, this may take a little longer to get yall answer than I thought. 

• LOL! 3

I’m getting really tired of people letting their dogs shit in that little strip of grass between the sidewalk and the street info that of my house and not picking it up. Especially when it’s right next to my van and I step in the shit first thing in the morning. 

I have been thinking of taking pictures of these peoples faces and making little flag markers out of them so I can mark where they didn’t pick up their dog shit for everyone that walks by to see.

• Truth 1
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 3

17 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

I’m getting really tired of people letting their dogs shit in that little strip of grass between the sidewalk and the street info that of my house and not picking it up. Especially when it’s right next to my van and I step in the shit first thing in the morning. 

I have been thinking of taking pictures of these peoples faces and making little flag markers out of them so I can mark where they didn’t pick up their dog shit for everyone that walks by to see.

• LOL! 3

9 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

Camera system for the crib with automatic alerts/notifications.

Zoned sprinkler system (That you can turn on manually with your phone) for the grass.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

I have punked people for this shit - get real jail house with a couple motherfuckers and that shit will cease with a quickness. 

I feel you @mr.yuck shit gets me heated!

Edited by fat ralphy
  • Like 1
  • Truth 1