This Old Trap House: Wonk Saggin Edition

mr.yuck

There's a wrench you need. I feel like it's called a basket nut or a basket wrench. Maybe the basket nut is that big gold piece. There is also another wrench that can help. It looks like a metal pipe with teeth on the end of it. They should be spaced out to fit in the slots in your drain. The pipe that fits in the drain will hold the drain assembly steady, keep it from free spinning, and then the basket wrench will unlock that gold collar.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Hell yeah but that frying pan with the ass blown out worked to tighten that new nut under the sink though.

I hate installing drains. Guaranteed it fucking leaks the first time.

Looks good man. And you probably saved somewhere around $400.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

6 hours ago, ndv said:

@Dark_Knight let us know how you like the reverse osmosis.  What stage did you purchase, is the system whole house?  

i got a 4 stage. Dunno what it means tbh. The hole in my sink now is where I’ll be putting the faucet. It’s only in my kitchen. I’m going to try to install that part tomorrow. We’ll see how it works. Or if I fuck everything up completely.

16 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

Usually would but I am a poor man right now and I still want to fix up the crib. Stand by for tomorrow if I regret my decision or not.

I'm not mad at you, I fully understand. It's through a history of thinking I could do it myself that I've come to terms with the fact that I don't fuck with plumbing.

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

21 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

i got a 4 stage. Dunno what it means tbh. The hole in my sink now is where I’ll be putting the faucet. It’s only in my kitchen. I’m going to try to install that part tomorrow. We’ll see how it works. Or if I fuck everything up completely.

I should know this.  I think 4 stage just means there is 4 membranes the water passes across as a filter medium.  Nice work on the plumbing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Started a project today with my pops - let’s hope we get done by Labor Day. 

Basically removing this wall to open up the Kitchen area. Will push into my living room space and allow me to have a real dining table area.

The bar/counter wasn’t being used and basically was only a place to pile crap. 

8E227D4F-A333-48EA-90F1-AE7A5FE10ED4.jpeg

C1F280EC-5419-45B6-B146-5383B70AD911.jpeg

96A585E1-0426-435F-AA73-F6AF6C610150.jpeg

12989D4A-EAE8-444B-B8E0-92785FD8F2D6.jpeg

528987EC-53FB-47D0-BDDE-82FEAA99984C.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Props 5

The new beam will run about 14 feet and will rest on the remaining wall to the right and the bit to the left of the door that juts out (cant see in picture). The wall on the right will end right at the start of where the opening is now.

Snapped line will be the new height, should be open enough for a nice table or island with seating/cabinets. 

A5B2BD7D-4D67-4F5D-96BE-946A0D148326.jpeg

Edited by fat ralphy
  • Like 1