This Old Trap House: Wonk Saggin Edition

mr.yuck

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@mr.yuck yeah man - good, fast, cheap pick two……

The old man is working for basically nothing. We started around July 4th - if we are done by the end of September, I will be juiced.

Next project is to put a hood in my kitchen. After that - I am going to start a slow project to covert my basement into a room for my oldest. Currently in a 2bdr with a boy (11) sharing with girl (8) - I figure I got like 2 years tops. Glad he is on the slower side development wise….

• Props 3

Fucking finally. I can't wait til they make one of these that paint. There hasnt been any great innovation in drywall since the upgrade from plaster lathe board to 4x8 gypsum sheets. I guess ultralight board was pretty dope when it came out. It's gonna be fucking awesome to listen to these old men cry about how the Mexicans are running all the machines cuz they are too stubborn to learn anything new.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

Just now, mr.yuck said:

Fucking finally. I can't wait til they make one of these that paint. There hasnt been any great innovation in drywall since the upgrade from plaster lathe board to 4x8 gypsum sheets. I guess ultralight board was pretty dope when it came out. It's gonna be fucking awesome to listen to these old men cry about how the Mexicans are running all the machines cuz they are too stubborn to learn anything new.

Paint machines I am sure are here or being devolved by Canvas as we post.

• Props 1

24 minutes ago, Fist 666 said:

I don't see a receptacle within six feet of that wall break at the right... or is that in the closet?

Walk in closet. I did originally have an outlet on that wall but pushed the wires up into the attic and boxed them off just so I wouldn't have to deal with working through the joists and back down through the new top plate. 

If they give me any shit, apparently the guy that does this area is a real twat, I'll jump a 15 off of the can light into an old work box.

I have to save up my ass kissing points for a room in this house that has a solid wall. I skipped about 12 ft on that one wall and put two outlets as close to the corners as I could. We'll see what he says.

• Like 1

@mr.yuck seems easy enough but I am thinking that I will need to pick up a table saw. My pops ran the same table saw my entire life and the thing has finally become dangerous enough to retire.

The old man will run a tool into the grave. Broken guard - no problem. Electrical issues - jiggle the cord. 

The guy is ridiculous. 

• Truth 1

Lol @fat ralphymy uncle had the same chop saw. The thing was made out of solid steel and weighed like 75 lbs. It fell out of the back of the pick up truck one day and bounced down the highway for about 1000 ft. I thought that bitch was done for but he stopped and picked it up. The shit was all crooked and fucked up. He just took a hammer to it and straightened everything back out. That bitch cut straight for another 7 years before he finally got too old to tote that heavy ass bitch around! 😂

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

4 hours ago, Fist 666 said:

Looks good.

But: unless there is a receptacle to the right out of shot you are short a receptacle. You could place one in the middle to Serve both, but one can't serve both across a bowl.  Don't know your inspector, but I've seen it called here in NC. 

No I didn't know that shit was code. Luckily I did put one on the other side. Not for any other reason than I didn't want to share an outlet. Spite just saved me.

Edited by mr.yuck
  • Like 1
  • Props 1