This Old Trap House: Wonk Saggin Edition

mr.yuck

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, ndv said:

Texas is pretty cheap.  Those prices and commission kinda tell you how much it cost to build a home. 

It cost around $150 a sq ft to build new depending on your area and who you know. Those houses probably cost some where around $300k to build. Add the commissions to that then subtract that number from those sale prices. There's a whole nother house in there you are financing that goes to the builders.

Around here I can build a 2000 SQ ft, over base, home for like 140k.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@NightmareOnElmStreet@mr.yuck

Need yalls advice.  So I got a rental unit that needs new paint and my budget is tight.  Gonna paint the walls "Blank Canvas".  Now the moldings and the doors need some fresh paint as well, can I get away with painting everything the same color (blank canvas)?

Currently the walls are painted pale yellow and the moldings, trim and doors are like a kilz white color.

1146568306_Screenshot2022-11-26at10_53_34AM.thumb.png.7f2113e8080caf2fc5ff0b7e7073c07c.png

• Like 1

I would say make the walls flat in blank canvas. Cheapest paint you can find. Sherwin Williams Painters Edge or Property Solutions.

Trim work blank canvas semi gloss higher end product like Duration. Hopefully down the road when it comes time to put a new renter in place all you will have to do is wash the doors and trim instead of repaint.

Also the difference in sheens in the same color will make them look like 2 slightly different colors.

@CLICKCLACKONER

Edited by mr.yuck
  • Like 1
  • Props 1

On 11/10/2022 at 8:29 PM, fat ralphy said:

Texture is a bitch. 

I am going to need to run a light sand prior to paint to flatten the texture down a but more for a better match. 

That hopper is like 20-30lbs when its full - shit was a work out.

5B83130B-CFBE-4D78-9649-FAD916055E24.jpeg

F948B952-3182-4509-A194-C13BEF3D3B4E.jpeg

138A6F08-68C1-4514-8A0D-F3607D48F65B.jpeg

AE59BA63-213D-47C5-BF34-5E5C6DCC4FD0.jpeg

48BC6374-238D-414A-887F-5208A8685F9D.jpeg

B7CFC813-2C39-4941-96A7-81CB7094133F.jpeg

Shoulda skim coated that shit for suuurre. Fuck all that extra elbow grease. Good healthy skim. Dustless drywall sander with some 220 grit my dawg. Prime and paint. 

10 hours ago, CLICKCLACKONER said:

@NightmareOnElmStreet@mr.yuck

Need yalls advice.  So I got a rental unit that needs new paint and my budget is tight.  Gonna paint the walls "Blank Canvas".  Now the moldings and the doors need some fresh paint as well, can I get away with painting everything the same color (blank canvas)?

Currently the walls are painted pale yellow and the moldings, trim and doors are like a kilz white color.

1146568306_Screenshot2022-11-26at10_53_34AM.thumb.png.7f2113e8080caf2fc5ff0b7e7073c07c.png

If you’re suggesting throwing full wall paint on everything and calling it a day I would suggest naw. At the very least get a different sheen for the trim like yuck was saying.  One coat willie on the whole shit isn’t really saving you anything if you get a separate can for trim depending on how much you have to paint. 

• Truth 2

15 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Shoulda skim coated that shit for suuurre. Fuck all that extra elbow grease. Good healthy skim. Dustless drywall sander with some 220 grit my dawg. Prime and paint. 

Had to match existing, still need to finish the floor from wall removal. Plan is to do it this coming week…

• Like 1

On 11/29/2022 at 7:26 PM, Dark_Knight said:

Need 12oz help.

what color should I make my stairway/hallway?

@NightmareOnElmStreet especially but all are welcome to give their opinion.

3572FC9A-4AA5-43E0-95F6-702B9AB20319.jpeg

I’m gonna need some more color ways for any solid input my dude. Funny you ask me directly cause a couple years back when I was starting out I remember public bantering on here about shit like this with yuck. Both of us being pretty straight forward that assisting with color choice is not our strong suit. Anyhow I know colors and would say you can never go wrong with solid off whites for a stairwell. Pure white, white dove, ice cube and a bunch of others but stay away from stark and weird colors imo. For that area specifically. Unless you like weird then yolo fam. Looks like gentrification Grey in your living room so definitely a nice off white but only in the blue/grey hue lean and not yellow. And learn to cut in if you wanna save your self a world of time with that tape nonsense. It’s a lot easier than people think. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • Props 2
  • LOL! 1

Damn dude I thought you died. I almost died in the process.

On a serious note that’s what I was thinking which helps solidify the thought. I painted the ceilings (not worrying about cuts obviously). And was worried a full on white would be too much. Habitual over thinker oner.

@mr.yuck you May now give your two cents. Thank you for you patience.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

3 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

When Dark Knight finally calls on you

thank-you-denzel-washington.gif.bc8b558f6677b0b730d95eda710c8ef9.gif

But then you forget what we were talking about

oh-no.gif.fc7d9f3aff0db38c5084a15fedf188c5.gif

I got you fam, @mr.yuckand I have been discussing this topic for a few days to determine the best color for you. We have concluded the following combo is best.

597E7C08-7DD1-4ACD-BED2-D36DBD0B2444.webp

• Like 1
  • Truth 2
  • Props 1