Home Made Food Flex Off

Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...

I’ve been meaning to share some of my favorite (holiday) recipes, but I’m a lazy, lazy man.

Today I’m cooking a homesick meal, Italian Beef, my Chicago go-to.

Sure, I can get it up the road since I live in a satellite Chicago, but I like to cut out the bread and do my own thing here-n-there.

Chicago Johnny doesn’t fuck around, plus he doesn’t add olives. ❤️ My brother sent me a few jars of giardiniera for Xmas. Really hot stuff, and will have you shitting fire at 4am if you don’t limit your input.

Today’s mix is lacking beef broth, but has au jus, a pinch of gumbo base, and French Dip in thick concentrate; add 1-2 pounds of thin sliced London Broil + an intoxicated appetite, and I’m sure to wake up at 4:20 am with 🥵💩.

DA20EBFC-ECAF-4053-A88C-F6D08C22C1B4.jpeg

82BD132A-7438-4A3D-BD3B-15A8717F1541.jpeg

24740465-5AD9-45DF-9108-746941B96745.jpeg

Edited by Drue_Down
  • Like 1

First experience with a Beyond product.

So first thing is the smell is a bit odd. Not super off putting but not great. I'm not a huge fan of the smell of most raw meats.

I made some burgers. Lettuce from the garden.  

So I gave these burgers the best shot at being tasty.  I seasoned them liberally with salt and pepper, a very small amount of garlic and onion powder, a small sprinkle of MSG a piece and a couple good glugs worchestershire sauce. Threw em over some charcoal topped at the end with a slice of american and some cheddar cheese. 

The whole family agreed they were really delicious. Would fuck with again. Would make some banging chili for frito pies.

20200308_181237.jpg

20200308_144733.jpg

20200308_173604.jpg

20200308_175814.jpg

• Like 1

Had some ground beef i needed to use up and i was lazy and didn't want to make a store run or get too extravagant.. So i whipped up some sort of off shoot of like a weird Shepard’s Pie i guess? If that’s what you want to call it.. I don't know, call it whatever. 

Ground beef, peppers, onions, southwest style hash brown potatoes, chipotle pepper powder, and then this marinade and guac salsa for some flavor.. Not going to lie, it was pretty fucking good. I was surprised. 

81D38E65-D7AD-4E8B-8C9C-ADDBDE78A234.jpeg

5135191F-23FF-4AA1-8173-8CD57162AEAC.jpeg

• Like 1

While talking to some friends about it i referred to the marinade and salsa as “sauces” and a friend began to accost me through text messages by starting with “First of all, you used a marinade specific liquid seasoning with ground beef and used it as a baste.” He also said that the guac is not a sauce. 

I called him a food fascist and said they were non conforming, sauce-fluid.

Fucking nazis, man. 

• LOL! 3

The last time I grilled, many months ago, I started a grease fire cooking fatty ass burgers on Yoshi Copper Matts, which I typically only use for veggies.

0BF039FB-A050-4855-825C-85FBDE54D481.thumb.jpeg.50288148bd7b60c6a35e7e30f0035274.jpeg

In a panic, I used my fire extinguisher 🧯 which covered the grill in fire retardant. Thankfully the Yoshi Matts covered 90% of the spray zone. I’ve been putting off cleaning the grill forever knowing it’d take hours. With 15 steaks in my freezer, and WFH, I figured today was a good day to clean the fuck out of it and exchange for a full propane tank.

5DD499E4-CF74-4CE8-8FD6-EB459E5009D2.thumb.jpeg.7475cbc591c490a795ec62d790b8dc09.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Props 1

I really need to upgrade my BBQ game. I do the Tim Ferris 4-hour body / slow-carb lifestyle: no carbs, no sugar, lots of meat 🍖 🥩, beans, and certain veggies.

The problem is I cook a ton of food for myself, my wife is a more of a Mediterranean dieter, my kids are finicky as fuck, so they don’t eat what I cook. (My wife can’t cook for shit, she struggles with those hello fresh type kits too 🙄)

I’d love a good smoker or a Green Egg, but cooking 4-7 lbs of meat would force me to freeze leftovers. Perhaps I should just hand them out at stop lights  to the homeless.