Home Made Food Flex Off

Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@Mercer Might need the details on that chocolate crust...

Are you just dry rubbing that turkey? I did a soak bath on mine. It's in the fridge now until tomorrow morning. 

Every year I debate on the whole brine thing. My mom never does it. her turkey always comes out solid as fuck.

I've been following the Alton Brown Turkey recipe for the last few years and its worked out pretty well.

Did the pumpkin pie and fresh apple sauce last night.

Father-In-law and sister-in-law are about to arrive. we'll do normal dinner tonight and thanksgiving for lunch tomorrow.

I dont really care too much about the thanksgiving spread. I'm more about the left over turkey sandwiches...thats my jam.

• Truth 2

Leftover Thanksgiving sandwiches w/ the stuffing and cranberry sauce is the shit.

Other peeps cook Thanksgiving so I sit that one out.  Pops does not brine the turkey ever, does smoke it though.  Best ever was a time when the bird caught on fire and had to be saved.  That process was a magical transformation that made for some good eats.

• Truth 1