What did you do over the weekend?

Dirty_habiT

Sometimes weekends are like a blur you do so many things and sometimes you just relax and wait for the next work week to begin.  What did you all do this past weekend?

I'll start off:

* Replaced intake manifold on E39 BMW to find that the VANOS oil line had a large crack in it.  Covered the driveway in oil before realizing it was leaking.  FANTASTIC JOB DHABZ.

* Cleaned the garage.

* Drove to and from the hospital in Downtown San Antonio.  On the way back witnessed 2 of the most amazing lightning strikes I've ever seen.  One was panoramic across the entire sky and one was so strong/dense that when it dissipated it turned into perfectly spaced fading balls of electricity.

* Hung out with some friends from high school that I haven't seen in a long time.

Upcoming weekend plans:

* Prepare for Pikes Peak at the end of the month.

* Front driveshaft u-joints on Suburban (affectionately referred to as Big Booty Judy).

* New distributor on Suburban.

* New tires on Suburban.

• Like 2
  • Props 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Friday helped a friend buy s new car. Dealerships are bandits if you don’t know how to work them. Friday night shopping then mural festival, bunch of legal eagles getting their 15 mins. Saturday F1 race going on this weekend, they have a block party downtown with a bunch of expensive cars strewn about. Did that. Sunday worked rip.

Great thread idea

Man, been burning it at both ends for a while now. Haven't taken a day off for about a month and a half, but am seeing solid progress.

Spent the entire weekend pushing through the last bits of a big client gig for the screen printing company, as well as getting the next group of 12oz tees together. Here's a couple shots, including a teaser for a 12oz tee that I'm pretty psyched about. For you OG's, maybe you'll recognize that the graphic was pulled and remixed from theVapors Project.

IMG_4598.thumb.jpeg.0fcc31f66c0de4fb8957d21db9cf27bd.jpeg

IMG_4369.thumb.JPEG.7b71d0586ecab07651515899462b0489.JPEG

• Like 2
  • Props 1

9 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

* Replaced intake manifold on E39 BMW to find that the VANOS oil line had a large crack in it.  Covered the driveway in oil before realizing it was leaking.  FANTASTIC JOB DHABZ.

woke up at 7 am satruday morning  to find my car leaked trans fluid all over the damn driveway and I dont feel like dropping the cover to replace the rubber O-ring on the aftermarket transmission selector. Some cardboard will have to do for now.

I also couldn't remove a spark plug due to the headers not allowing the socket to go in all the way. Now I have to modify the socket to change out the spark plug.

• Props 1

baller^

1. I went to a model railway expo with my kids. Kind of nerdy - we brought our own stools to stand on because jumping up and down to see is for suckers

IMG_4444.thumb.jpg.800069bae8af83788abaf25dea90c9f8.jpg

trippy - model railway clubs are dying out in huger numbers and have an average participant age  that must be higher than 50. Yet they hate younger people at their expos with a such a passion. MY kids got warned not to touch the clear perspex around the display of one club. Not the display but the surroundings.

Tried to explain to some railway guys that if they were going for realism,  they really should compare the size of graffiti IRL with the size of the stickers they apply to their trains.

their trains

IMG_4438.thumb.jpg.c4e46206d6b4a9dae15e9fd83d6721a0.jpg

same trains IRL.

IMG_3985.thumb.jpg.5fdc02fb03673342963f641df61233e9.jpg

but they didn't give a shit and basically told me to piss off. was rather hoping to get an invite to do a few trains for them so that other aging graff/train might see.

2. took my kids to a display home to check out bathrooms etc for our upcoming remodelling they went crazy and I had to leave before they destroyed something nice!

3. broke a tap in my vegetable garden so fixed that.

4. got paint together for a paint mission i knew was highly unlikely without some form of stimulant. no stimulant so mission didn't happen.

5. raced up the hill to get photos of some freights that cruise through but timed it badly at my local level crossing so didn't have time to wait.

I got to the spot and the train was passing at speed so started filming without properly setting up.

end result = shitty pics

oh well same time next week.

IMG_4569.thumb.JPG.153c5b4ac8094cb0d7adc6bef8b09d8b.JPG

Edited by Schnitzel
  • Like 3
  • Props 2

9 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

baller^

1. I went to a model railway expo with my kids. Kind of nerdy - we brought our own stools to stand on because jumping up and down to see is for suckers

trippy - model railway clubs are dying out in huger numbers and have an average participant age  that must be higher than 50. Yet they hate younger people at their expos with a such a passion. MY kids got warned not to touch the clear perspex around the display of one club. Not the display but the surroundings.

Tried to explain to some railway guys that if they were going for realism,  they really should compare the size of graffiti IRL with the size of the stickers they apply to their trains.

their trains

same trains IRL.

but they didn't give a shit and basically told me to piss off. was rather hoping to get an invite to do a few trains for them so that other aging graff/train might see.

2. took my kids to a display home to check out bathrooms etc for our upcoming remodelling they went crazy and I had to leave before they destroyed something nice!

3. broke a tap in my vegetable garden so fixed that.

4. got paint together for a paint mission i knew was highly unlikely without some form of stimulant. no stimulant so mission didn't happen.

5. raced up the hill to get photos of some freights that cruise through but timed it badly at my local level crossing so didn't have time to wait.

I got to the spot and the train was passing at speed so started filming without properly setting up.

end result = shitty pics

oh well same time next week.

Props all around.  Funny re: that model in the pic, they have a Bobcat on the train.  What are the chances they stole American freight graf and used that to put on their trains?  Or maybe they ordered a sticker set from some American model railroaders.

On that crossing, sucks when that happens but if you manually track the train as you shoot you'll reverse your image above to where the train is in focus and the background is blurred.  Makes for a cool, and focused, pic.

• Like 1

1. I had my Jeep J10 trailered to my house. It needs driveshafts and I have to finish the engine wiring harness and exhaust to get it running.

2. Spent almost all day looking for parts in my garage for the Jeep

3. Went to the Wolves hockey game with some old friends 

4. Did a ton of yard work

• Props 1

On 6/10/2019 at 10:46 PM, Dirty_habiT said:

Sometimes weekends are like a blur you do so many things and sometimes you just relax and wait for the next work week to begin.  What did you all do this past weekend?

I'll start off:

* Cleaned the garage.

* Drove to and from the hospital in Downtown San Antonio.  On the way back witnessed 2 of the most amazing lightning strikes I've ever seen.  One was panoramic across the entire sky and one was so strong/dense that when it dissipated it turned into perfectly spaced fading balls of electricity.

* Hung out with some friends from high school that I haven't seen in a long time.

Upcoming weekend plans:

* Prepare for Pikes Peak at the end of the month.

* Front driveshaft u-joints on Suburban (affectionately referred to as Big Booty Judy).

* New distributor on Suburban.

* New tires on Suburban.

Post pics of that E39 tho! I'm keen af to get one but the missus ain't having it. 

My weekend:

Friday night:

40th dinner with my wife's friend from mum's group. Late start and minimal drinks. Somehow still cost $120 a head. 

Saturday:

I started baseball for the first time this year at 38. I'm rubbish and play in the bottom league. It's fucking awesome but takes up a big chunk of my day. Took the little one for a walk to grab dinner supplies and give mama a break. 

Sunday:

Took little one to the zoo. Seen heaps of rad animals and called it when the little one cracked it at my request to out her jacket back on. Promptly missed the train home and sat shooting the shit with her on the platform for 20 minutes or so. She passed out as soon as we got on the train. Wife took the little one out for the afternoon giving me an hour to smash a CSGO round or two. 

Overall, standard but enjoyable. 

• Like 1

Friday: Passed out early at like 7PM.

Saturday: Woke up before the sun came up, loaded my Suburban with tools, and drove to my friend's house in Bastrop, TX.  He has 10 acres and I went out there to help him work on some car stuff he had, shoot some guns, and replace the distributor on my Suburban.  The guns were fun (2x VZ-58's, 2x SKS's, some bad ass kind of AK-47), the distributor job was not so fun.  To work on the distributor on an L31 GMC/Chevy motor, you have to practically sit in the engine bay next to the motor.  The engine bay is huge and the distributor is directly in the center against the firewall.  FUCKING FUNNNNN.  That's not the fun part though, the fun part is where I took it on and off the truck ~8 times  total between saturday and sunday.  I had to borrow my friend's truck to get home Saturday night because my Suburban wouldn't run yet.  An absolute bitch, I have no other good way to describe it.  My left hand/arm is all scraped up and burned now from having to jimmy my arm down into weird places to make things work (no homo).

Sunday: Continuation of Saturday.  Woke up early to take my friend's truck back home to him and get back to working on my Suburban.  Finally fixed it and got it running again.  By the time I got home from fixing the truck around 5pm last night I didn't want to do shit except take a shower and hang out in shorts/t-shirt.

It's all going to be worth it in a week and a half when I go to Pikes Peak though..... going to get away from all these fucko Austinites for a while.

It might be time for a new car thread.  Between my girlfriend and I, we own 9 cars with over half of them being turbo cars w/ upgrades.  And I'm not talking about bitch ass exhaust tip and lowering springs upgrades.  The E39 belongs to her and it is a cool car..... WHEN everything on it works properly.  I have had to fix a lot of stuff on that car in the 4 years or so that we've had it..... nothing major though.  We also have a 1995 540i (4.0L v8) 4-door car w/ a manual transmission in it that we intend to resurrect soon.  It just needs to be gone through and tuned up because it's sat for a while.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2019 at 1:58 AM, Schnitzel said:

their trains

same trains IRL.

IMG_3985.thumb.jpg.5fdc02fb03673342963f641df61233e9.jpg

but they didn't give a shit and basically told me to piss off. 

Holy shit, in 20 years of being a writer it has never occured to me that model train enthusiasts would decorate their trains with pieces. Spose i would of assumed that they would consider it sacrilege to their obsession same way train spotters cuss graf on their beloved trains.. haha. Glad to see their attempts.

Edited by Diesu
  • Like 1

Did some work on my jeeps wiring harness with the 5.3L swap. Engine harness was pretty easy but, the original wiring was a pain in the ass. No wire colors match the original schematic, so I had to trace them back to where they came from. Half of the them had the rubber insulation just deteriorate as soon as they were unwrapped from the electrical tape. The rest were just covered in electrical tape goop. 

With that being said, I love working on car projects but you really have to have patience when dealing with electronics and body work if you want it done right. You can't rush the process or else your gonna end up doing it all over again 

• Like 3

On 6/11/2019 at 8:04 PM, One Man Banned said:

Props all around.  Funny re: that model in the pic, they have a Bobcat on the train.  What are the chances they stole American freight graf and used that to put on their trains?  Or maybe they ordered a sticker set from some American model railroaders.

On that crossing, sucks when that happens but if you manually track the train as you shoot you'll reverse your image above to where the train is in focus and the background is blurred.  Makes for a cool, and focused, pic.

the train stickers are definitely from overseas they have Clown TITS pieces and a Diar piece on another carriage.

I also discovered that with an IPhone XR you need to reset the camera from time to time like literally switch it off for a while ideally when switching off the phone.

I was manually tracking but not too well. 

5 hours ago, Diesu said:

Holy shit, in 20 years of being a writer it has never occured to me that model train enthusiasts would decorate their trains with pieces. Spose i would of assumed that they would consider it sacrilege to their obsession same way train spotters cuss graf on their beloved trains.. haha. Glad to see their attempts.

funny hey some of them fully embrace it because of their quest for "realism"

others like to pretend that it doesn't exist.

my weekend was way less masculine

saturday 

- kid wrangling before  heading to park to kick a footy about.

- anniversary dinner with wife at an incredible restaurant where we were served by the most stunning waitress.

- dodging the "oh my god look at her ass" trap until wife said "no seriously have a look do you think I could pull those pants off"

- answering with "oh hell yes my love" and threatening to ask the waitress where she got the trousers to which my wife got embarrassed. CHECK MATE

- held the ladder while wife shimmied around on the roof. ( due to differing weights it's much better for her to be up there because it's flimsy not because I'm a slave driver)

- swimming centre with the kids

- new plants for the garden

-no graff again though I did get out the blackbook

last weekend

took daughter out to large petshop as part of daddy daughter morning.

IMG_6240.thumb.jpg.2f60946521aea9bf78a508af478ae938.jpg

bought worms to feed the birds that hang out. I know feedign wildbirds isn't great for them but I've gone too far down the path so i figured feeding them similar to what they would usually eat would ease them back.

IMG_4140.thumb.jpg.0bd98441d2aa9c2e3b77d37459b1b353.jpg

sorted through a heap of graff mags to find some to sell. There are lost of people out there that might buy them/trade them.

IMG_5702.thumb.jpg.b6273b842cc305701ca2061310529d1c.jpg

Determined I definitely dont have issue 5 of 12oz - anybidy out there with a spare?

IMG_5298.thumb.jpg.4090ebe98fc4050023698284b38f4fa4.jpg

looked for freights before swimming Sunday morning

IMG_9033.thumb.jpg.d628510d3d734d9629616e57029a2e53.jpg

quiet Sunday until the news that my sister's partner's son had committed suicide.

I never knew the kid but still very close to home..poor little dude was 22 years old.

• Like 1

I don't think I got much done this weekend.

* Cleaned the house, cleaned the garage some more.

* Did laundry.  This is Dirty_habiT's least favorite chore.

* Changed oil in Suburban.

* Water changes in 2 of the aquariums.

* Mixed up some Reef Roids and Mysis/Bloodworms for the anemones and other corals (they only get this like once every 2 weeks)

* Grocery shopping, which involves doing all the "shopping" part online and then just going to pick up the groceries at the store.

* Wrote some documentation and corrected some procedures we use at work.

• Like 1

only interesting thing i did was chase these around on Saturday night.

heard about them on instagram and since panels in my town are rare and the netflix was unlikely to end with "chill" I went out and froze my arse off waiting for these in various spots.

I kept really low key and even saw the cops or transit officers hiding at a station  waiting for guys to spring out with camera when panels came. 

IMG_5714.PNG

• Props 2