What did you do over the weekend?

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I did a lot of driving over the weekend. 

• We left last Wednesday, camped at Caprock Canyon SP in the panhandle of TX.  That's ~8h drive from Austin, TX.
  • We camped at Sugarite Canyon SP in NM Thursday night.  That was a 5h drive from Caprock.wqDCkJsRTbCIJrVCNNIkuA.thumb.jpg.0eaff7ef22cd233c3f5e81048a0ef0f1.jpg
  • Garden of The Gods Friday afternoon/sunset time (fucking awesome btw). 3h drive from Sugarite.
  • AirBNB in Colorado Springs Friday night.
  • Saturday morning head to the summit of Pike's Peak - 1h drive.fullsizeoutput_5c2.jpeg.419dfd711595e6377343183498307689.jpeg198112231_FfkTiPTRjeELVoNvMMyqA.thumb.jpg.fc62312cb236e2a46f4d831c9c68a5c0.jpg
  • Camped on Pike's Peak Saturday night w/ bigfoot.552589922_oNtVLWcS4mTyP07EhmlHg.thumb.jpg.2d1d1c08ed7eb19827296c3b862054e2.jpg
  • Watched PPIHC 2019 Sunday morning-afternoon.  Carlin Dunne passed away on the mountain.  He was a Ducati rider.  There are videos on youtube that he filmed from the weekend/practice , pretty sad.
  • Sunday evening drove to Raton, NM to stay in a hotel.  Showered and slept in a bed, this is very nice after dealing with camping restrooms/showers/beds.
  • Monday morning, woke up early and drove 12h from Raton, NM to Austin, TX.... fuckkkkkk that's a drive.

Glad to be back in Austin.  Missed the dog, water changed one of the aquariums because it decided to do some stupid shit while I was gone and go to 1.018 SG salinity.  It should be 1.024-1.026 for shit to be happy.

• Like 1
  • Props 3

@One Man Bannedany tips for killing saplings without harsh chemicals? I've got several spots I want to clear, but are dominated by poplars from 1 -10 years old. Dropping them is easy, but they seems to shoot water sprouts up as quick as I can cut them down. I want their roots to stay for erosion purposes until I can replant with growth I want.  

15 minutes ago, Fist 666 said:

@One Man Bannedany tips for killing saplings without harsh chemicals? I've got several spots I want to clear, but are dominated by poplars from 1 -10 years old. Dropping them is easy, but they seems to shoot water sprouts up as quick as I can cut them down. I want their roots to stay for erosion purposes until I can replant with growth I want.  

Fuck man I wish.  I've had a similar issue in one spot where people prior to me let shit take root.  As you likely already know it's a batlle after that.  As far as erosion any grasses or tall weeds should help keep shit in place unless you're dealing with loose soil or a slope.

* Went tubing on the Comal River in San Marcos.

* Pulled the Talon into the driveway in preparation for power steering rack replacement.

* Rode dirt bikes at my friend's property after clearing the trails a bit w/ chainsaws/weedwackers.... until my kickstarter stripped.

* Ordered $200 worth of parts to fix stripped kick starter.

* Setup my other desk/gaming area.

* Much needed 50% water change on 34G reef tank w/ 20G sump.

8E3C0595-2D55-4F07-A3EE-931D18DA9C2C.thumb.jpeg.41003fe749014b331ab38546f3961f1f.jpeg

E44AFAB3-617E-40E3-BCA2-C203AD78FC92.thumb.jpeg.398b8cd0405460f46278fbb2a53f73d5.jpeg

177FA7FB-73FC-4556-B2EA-97925741605B.thumb.jpeg.85cb693400c0f47d02b137afb26d14ad.jpeg

• Like 1

Got drunk with my Mexican neighbors and acted like a 13 year old with fireworks. 

Took care of some work on the Jeep

Finally cut the grass, but my back yard is starting to look like a jungle. Next paycheck I'm buying a hedge trimmer and a power washer

Went to Westfest and saw mark farina play out. Nothing like that old school Chicago house music

Hung out with my best friend and met his 2month old daughter for the first time

Edited by ~KRYLON2~
  • Like 1

* Pulled a 2JZ out of a 2005 IS300 at the yard.  Car wasn't in the yard for 4 days before I got it.

* Bought a Kubota B5100 tractor for use on our lake property.  I intend to build some dirt jumps for BMX and use it for gardening.  I'm also going to turbo it w/ a RHB31 like we did my friend's Kubota G4200.

* Drank a beer at a party with people my age.  It was totally wild.

* Aired up all the bicycles (4x BMX's) and did a little ride yesterday with my brother and our girlfriends.

hey man sorry I havent gotten around to posting those zines I will Im promise but the combo  of getting stamp and post office and me is a bit chaotic soemtimes.

where do you go camping - I'm unlikely to know it but it looks mad!

assuming that WA has space galore for empty beaches. 

Saturday - Made a flyer for a photographer friends up coming 50th birthday party, ended up better than expected, now i just gotta figure out how to print it. 

Sunday - My first kid turned 8. did a party at a roller rink - her mom does roller derby and she loves to skate so...

• Like 1

went to check if this was a good spot for photography/possibly getting a panel done.

one hour drive each way on a sunday morning no bueno but needs must.... 

rain was relentless and it turned out train was running late so I had to leave without even seeing it maybe next week.

IMG_6233 3.jpg

@SchnitzelNo worries at all man! I know life can get in the way sometimes haha. Gotten a few good zines lately so those have kept me going, the more I look the more local ones are popping up which is cool.

We're pretty lucky in WA, pretty much 1hrs drive north or south of Perth and you've got awesome coast line to 4x4 and camp on and it only gets better the further you go.

This spot was only about 40 mins from my place which makes it easy to knock off work on a Friday arvo and head down for an overnighter

Took the drone for a spin while we were out there too

8B44A5E6E9CB05EA00424C31CCD850D4.JPG

• Like 2

IT’S WEDNESDAY, BUT FUCK IT...

-SATURDAY MORNING DID A SHIT TON OF YARD WORK.

-TOOK MY DAUGHTER TO THE SKATE PARK TO RIDE HER SCOOTER

-MADE CHICKEN CAESER SALAD FOR DINNER

-WATCHED ALL ELITE WRESTLING: FIGHT FOR THE FALLEN

SUNDAY

-MADE BREAKFAST

-TOOL MY DAUGHTER TO VISIT HER GRANDPA SO MY WIFE AND I COULD GO ON A MOVIE DATE. STUBER. 

-PICKED BABY GIRL UP

-TOOK THE JEEP TO THE MOUNTAINS AND WENT FOR A HIKE. 

-BBQ’D SOME CHOPS. 

-FINISHED STRANGER THINGS 3 BEFORE BED. 

• Like 1

Went to a beach in Inverness Ca called hearts desire beach. Its across the way from tomales bay oyster company. Bought 509 bucks worth of oysters, clams, mussels, and a ton of other meat and grilled up with bunch of randoms. Some old divorcee tried to blow me but I'm a married spud. 

• Props 1
  • LOL! 1

SATURDAY:

-WALMART

-FARMERS MARKET

-WENT TO THE SKATE PARK

-ATE PESTO ALFREDO

-WATCHED BILL AND TEDS EXCELLENT ADVENTURE

SUNDAY:

-WENT TO TUESDAY MORNING TO FIND A POT FOR A NEW PLANT WE PICKED UP YESTERDAY

-WENT TO GRANDMAS FOR A FAMILY BBQ

-DIPPED EARLY TO GO WATCH THE LION KING WITH THE FAM

-WENT FOR A RIDE

-BACK TO WALMART

-GOT CHINESE TAKEOUT

-WATCHED SOME TV WHILE THE WIFE FINISHES SOME WORK

-PUT THE KIDS TO BED

-TYPING WHAT I DID THIS WEEKEND. 

My weekend started a little early since I took some PTO, I'm fuckin sacked today for it though.

Thursday - swam @ Hamilton Pool Preserve.  This place is so small/cool that you must book reservations months in advance.... even for a weekday.

Friday - Picked up a motorcycle hauler from U-Haul for weekend dirt bike riding.

Saturday - Rode @ Hidden Falls in Marble Falls, TX in the morning time until I felt like it was time for a sweet heat stroke, then we left.

Sunday - Went and saw Lion King, I think it was ok.  I don't have kids and I'm really kinda too old to watch this movie.  I appreciated it, the animation was pretty amazing.  Went to ride Emma Long Metropolitan park after the movies, so we got 2 days of riding dirt bikes in this weekend.  After we rode at Emma Long, we went out to my friend's property in Bastrop and welded some supports into his mower deck on his tractor because it had rotted through.  I rode my dirt bike on the trails there though while my girlfriend was doing the welding.  Lol, I dunno how to weld, she does.

• Like 1

Saturday

- mowed the lawn (about 4.5 acres)

- work (designing tees for an upcoming collab)

Sunday

- drive through car wash

- costco

- more work

- nice dinner at a lodge on the lake with my wife’s family that came to visit. Place was jam packed since the weather is amazing and there’s an outside bar / pool / hot tub and marina. fantasized about getting a boat for about 3 minutes until looking up what these things cost. (Assuming they must be financed for a lot longer than the average car). 

• Like 2

took kid to trampoline park.had a blast.

watched a very well dressed mum (you know the lululemon leggings, Lorna jane jacket clean nikes etc. type woman pushing an expensive stroller) pocket a few chocolate bars while the coffee girl had her back to her.

she was a babe which must make it harder for racking  since people actually want to look at her.

no snitching here. she was probably broke after the entry fees

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2