What book are you reading? Part 20

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
34 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Those are prices for USED!!

first you get the main book, then some figurines, then some paint, then some vehicles, then some bases, then some more books, then more figures, then you join a neck beard club at the local comic shop that plays weekly, then you dedicate a room in your house to the hobby, then you take out a small loan for more of all that crap, then after your wife leaves you, you can finally win a match against boogie 

and that is how you win at war hammer  

967E5C2F-EF91-4CEB-88ED-520306F3666E.jpeg

• Like 1

I have a homie who is all into those adult board games and I’ve offered to paint his figures but he wasn’t down. Seems like it would be pretty relaxing and kinda tight. I don’t have any interesting in learning the games but the art side would be cool. 

the lore drew me in when I heard about a story where:

space Marines were cleaning a warehouse with many rooms and chambers. The first chamber was human with feeding tubes being force fed. These humans were over fed to the pint they were giant round blobs, about to pop. Immobile. The second chamber was another group who had been previously Force fed who are now being starved. They were malnourished and unhealthy. Third chamber was the same group how had gone through the previous two phases and were now skeletons walking around carrying their loose skin like capes. Fourth chamber was this skin being harvested by aliens for other uses.

paraphrased but Blew my mind. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

Unfamiliar with that author, but judging the book by its cover, I’m interested. What’s it about @metronome?

It's about a dude who bangs/forms a relationship with an older lady.  It's been on my book shelf for about 12 years and I'm trying to pick my way through everything on there I haven't read.  I know it was also adapted into a movie but I've never seen it. 

Edited by metronome
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

@metronomeyeah i have tried to read Gogol a few times and just can’t seem to stick with it. I heard he’s a great writer, but yeah I’ll probably never know since I don’t speak Russian.

I am starting Roadside Picnic tonight. From what I’ve read, this translation is very well done. So I’m hopeful. Heard the film adaption is great, so I’ll watch that in the process if I feel stuck at any point.

On 5/19/2021 at 9:30 PM, metronome said:

^

I really liked both of his other books, The Martian and Artemis.  I'll check that one out.

it's shaping up nicely.

I agree with you on the other books.

I heard about the martian and loved it then watched the stupid movie. Thank goodness I read it first rather than the other way round.

Artemis was a great book.

Really solid sci-if… Kind of an interesting take on sci-if and current events.

https://www.amazon.com/Bright-Shore-Eden-Chronicles-Book-One-ebook/dp/B07B2DN68K

A military Sci-Fi, technothriller set a short decade from now. Western Civilization has had its run. The West's own governments are giving up, have already lost, or are leading the charge to something else. This doesn't sit well with those who believe in liberty. This is the story of a people who have lost the political fight, lost the culture wars, haven't seen a level playing field in a generation, and are about to be made serfs. None of that matters. They're leaving...

Fresh starts are never easy. This is the first book in a story about a new world, different enemies, and old luggage.

9D8FFA93-EAA3-4F51-98CD-FE4B8C11B143.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...