What book are you reading? Part 20

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 12/12/2020 at 5:44 AM, metronome said:

COVID-19: The Great Reset by Klaus Schwab

and 

Stalling for Time: My Life as an FBI Hostage Negotiator by Gary Noesner,  Paperback | Barnes & Noble®

I've visited the Branch Davidians compound in Waco. It was after all this but the building slabs and foundations were still there. Took pictures standing next to the bus as well.

another note: AFV Club, released the M-728 CEV that was used to speculatively played with matches on site.

• Props 2

On 4/25/2020 at 12:54 PM, Ko SprueOne said:

Now about half way through Fatally Haunted. Fiction: Action/Thriller/Suspense. 14 short stories of skeletons in the closet, actual ghosts owning up, to cultural traditional memories haunting the present character(s).

Then I'll start, Ghosts Of Gold Mountain. Good 'ol American labor history centered around the Transcontinental Railroad. 

Book_Fatally-Haunted.jpg

Book_Ghosts-Of-Gold-Mountain.jpg

Finally started, Ghosts Of Gold Mountain. Interesting historical details that I've never heard about. Good so-far.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/12/2021 at 6:14 AM, metronome said:

Giving Kerouac another shot after reading Burroughs earlier this year.

Desolation Angels by Jack Kerouac

Amazon.com: Stories of Your Life and Others (9781452668826): Chiang, Ted,  McLaren, Todd, Craden, Abby: Books

Finished the Chiang.  Really, really great.  Particularly liked title track, Liking What You See, Merchant & the Alchemist's Gate, and Life Cycle of Software Objects.

Kerouac going slowly as I expected.. now reading this as well

The Goldfinch: A Novel (Pulitzer Prize for Fiction): Tartt, Donna:  9780316055420: Amazon.com: Books

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, nicklesndimes said:

that looks really interesting, unfortunately it also seems to be super hard to find.(same as the ja one posted...)

I believe there's a copy (of the Subway Lives book) for $50 on Amazon which is a lot cheaper than how much they were going for about 2-3 months back. Last I checked it's because the book was out of print and the author died some-what recently.

I got a copy of the Million Ja Tags book by Nov from CarnageNYC whenever he first dropped it so I got kinda lucky but if you manage to find a copy of any of his books I highly recommend snagging them.

Edited by hatetown
  • Props 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...