What book are you reading? Part 20

• 2 weeks later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 2/9/2021 at 7:15 PM, diggity said:

@metronomeLet me know when you finish RoW. I've been looking for someone to talk with about it with.

Finally finished it.  Quite the 3rd and 4th acts.  I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy this one at all but I think it may be my favourite yet of the 4.

I need to go back and re-read MistBorn I think before SL 5 is written.

On 3/19/2021 at 4:38 AM, metronome said:

Finally finished it.  Quite the 3rd and 4th acts.  I wasn't sure if I was going to enjoy this one at all but I think it may be my favourite yet of the 4.

I need to go back and re-read MistBorn I think before SL 5 is written.

felt like he had to rush to start wrapping stuff up in the last 1/5th of it. I was starting to get frustrated with things plateauing. 

9 minutes ago, metronome said:

@diggity I can see that.  That's kind of how I found the first 3 to be as well, a really packed last act.  I find Kaladin's arc pretty tedious with all the woe is me shit, happy to get that Shallan reveal and the last bit with Taravangian and Wit was a good way to end it.

I appreciate the struggle Kaladin goes through to reach his ideals but i found it a bit annoying this time around. It does help with the lore that so many get stuck at the second or third tier. I also got really annoyed with Shallan and her multiple personalities but happy with how it resolved at the end.

I'm losing steam on Wheel of Time books, I think im on book 4 now and havent really gotten too far. Real life has been more insteresting as of late so I havent had the time. Hope to get back to it soon though.

I'd like to go back and do mistborn series again too at some point.

6 hours ago, metronome said:

@diggity WoT is a mega slog.  RJ really needed an editor who wasn't his wife, it's brutal at times.  If you're feeling burned out Prime has adapted it for the screen and its supposed to debut in 2021, 8 episode season.

8 episodes? no way they dont fuck that up. granted the first book is pretty short.

• 2 weeks later...

Have any of you dipped into War Hammer 40k? I didn’t know anything about it at all until hearing a bit about it on a podcast earlier today. Had no idea it was so dark, piqued my interest. This book is supposed to be where you start but goddamn these used book prices are ridiculous!! 

71BF0306-4937-45E4-AF62-11C64896BE2C.png

• Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 6:17 PM, metronome said:

As a nerdy reader it's always been on my radar but I've never read anything.

Also when the prices are like that, get yourself a kindle and an eyepatch my man @KILZ FILLZ

Damn I’ve been putting off getting a kindle too

took me a sec to get what you mean about the eye patch 🏴‍☠️ 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kults said:

do tell if this is good, i’d read that 

I’m a few stories in and i like it. It’s completely raw and unedited articles, spelling errors and all. 

edit: only $15, well worth it in my opinion. Just the couple stories i read are cool so far. 

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Props 1

On 4/6/2021 at 6:14 PM, KILZ FILLZ said:

Have any of you dipped into War Hammer 40k? I didn’t know anything about it at all until hearing a bit about it on a podcast earlier today. Had no idea it was so dark, piqued my interest. This book is supposed to be where you start but goddamn these used book prices are ridiculous!! 

71BF0306-4937-45E4-AF62-11C64896BE2C.png

Jesus H, that IS pricey.

I'm only slightly familiar with the gaming figure line and plastic models from this realm. Also, very pricey

• Like 2