The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

My feelings on Rogue (after the fact, meh) are that the majority of their beers are pretty overrated. I will say, however, that their reserve series is pretttttyyyyyy awesome.

Most of yall should be able to find it, but I highly suggest the 2008 Old Crustacean Barley Wine. I have been wanting to try the Mori Moto Imperial Pilsner, but haven't had the 17 bucks to pay for it lately. They also have an imperial stout of some sort that I really enjoyed.

Their Chipotle ale is an interesting idea, but I've had much much better "spicy" beers. I have had a couple Jalapeño beers and one habanero pilsner. The pilsner was amazing. It's a crazy sensation to have your mouth both warmed from spice, but instantly refreshed by the fluid that's also burning you...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bold words

Not really, considering it's only the beers I've had.

But my friend who turned me on to it says it's favorite and that dude has tried crazy amounts of different beers from everywhere, many times in the place of origin.

Had these two tonight.

524594_f120.jpg

Aventinus Eisbock. A sort of ice-distilled super charged aventinus weizenbock. Amazing. Pretty boozy and spirt-like at 12%.

_RHR4054ed.jpg

Uerige doppelsticke altbier. Sort of like a double-alt. Really sweet and malty.

Also had that ballast point yellow tail, not bad.

I also became aware tonight that I hate dunkelweisens. Probably my least favorite style.

• Like 1

dunkleweisens sounds like its related to the dingleberry which probably not a good thing

just had the raging bitch flying dog. it has a lot more flavor than most of their other stuff.

i place it in the same category as sierra nevada. not a company i faithfully follow but would buy

a particular batch now and then

Friend had a keg of 90 Shilling the other night. It was way better out of a keg than a bottle. Not too surprising that it was better in a keg, very surprising that a party had a keg of it and i didn't have to spend a cent on drinking it.

90-Shilling.png

i like 90 shilling, and most of what odell does.

have you gotten much chance to drink LEFT HAND stuff now that you're in CO? besides Avery i think they're the best, i would also recommend you get up to boulder and stop by Southern Sun/mountain sun on N broadway or pearl/15th. they've got some pretty cool stuff that unfortunately doesn't get bottled.