The Beer Thread

H. Lecter

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i gave matilda a try, good work on the label, but didn't really like it

649.jpg

old guardian stone brew barley wine

i had this last weekend now that stone is distributed in my area.

pretty damn good. but i was half steppin on my water intake, should have doubled it because

i felt it the next day.

matilda.jpg

FUCK YES.

i tried this before knowing anything about it and enjoyed it. not really loved it, thought it seemed a bit watered down (and i was drinking it from the bottle), but overall, thought it was good.

then i came on here and read about how everyone hated it.

so i decided to try it again.

i didn't like it the second time around.

talk about the power of suggestion.

Both, and see if its any good since ive never had it..

Are the caps on those still porcelain? I'm sure at least one preson on here has removed the caps and used it for other purposes.

I like Goose Island but think I'll skip out on that Matilda. A lot of American companies have been trying to do Belgian styles, but nothing I can think of can come close to Duvel or Corsendonk or a small handful of others.

Picture047-2.jpg

Best beer I've ever had.

There isn't even a contest.

I'm bumping this for similar recommendations and stores to be purchased at..

I miss living by this one spot called Red Carpet liquor.. So many beer, wines and liquor.

Closest I got now is a Vendome place which is really good though.

A lot of American companies have been trying to do Belgian styles, but nothing I can think of can come close to Duvel or Corsendonk or a small handful of others.

Brewery Ommegangs Abbey Ale was just awarded the Gold Medal in the Belgian-style Dubbel category at the Brewers World Cup. I think Ommegang, Allagash and Unibroue (canadian) are just a few breweries making good Belgian style beer.

Brewery Ommegangs Abbey Ale was just awarded the Gold Medal in the Belgian-style Dubbel category at the Brewers World Cup. I think Ommegang, Allagash and Unibroue (canadian) are just a few breweries making good Belgian style beer.

I thought Allagash was good but still not comparable. I didn't like Unibroue too much and am still not fully convinced on Ommegang.

Fucking fruity pebble ass beer. Shit is garbage.

Even being from Minnesota and living in Wisconsin briefly, i still think leines is very mediocre. People in those states love to act like it's god's gift to the world, but they're all pretty average at best. Original, Red, their brown, and one of their stouts are all definitely decent, but there's nothing that stands out about any of them, and all of their fruity beers are straight basura. Only time i drank Leines was at bars that had original or red for dirt cheap, and even then i'd usually take Premium over it, if i was going for cheap tap beer.