gun thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Pretty standard for sighting in a scope or getting a feel for the adjustments of the turrets. Most scopes adjustments are measured in MOA (minute of angle). Each click of the scope turret is usually 1/4 MOA change (on some high $$$ scopes 1/8 MOA) and at 100 yards 1 MOA=1 inch. Well not exactly but close enough that I'd doesn't matter, the difference comes out to 0.47 of an inch at 1000 yards... supposedly. An inch is a nice easy number to work with and most of us can easily visualize in inches. I guess if you use the metric system you're fucked tho.

Scopes that adjust in Mils are closer to the metric system since they usually use 1/10 adustments. Easier for some folks, especially if you have any kind of mil based reticle and use it to range objects.

0.047 of an inch difference at 100, not 1000. Extra 0 by accident maybe?

Right an MOA is 1.047 at a hundred yards, at a grand that's 10.47. Maybe I should have clarified that as you move farther out the size of an MOA increases. Say you shot a 1moa group at 500yds you are just saying you shot "about" a 5" group at 500yds. Without the distance noted, nobody would know how far away that MOA group was shot from. I can't (and I don't personally know anybody that can) read wind, mirage, temps and drop within 0.5" of an inch at a grand. For me any thing past 500 yards is all academic.

As for mills I'm aware of the the system, but have never used or studied it that much, I thought that was an artillery kinda thing.

Never thought I would be debating the finer points of long range marksmanship on a graffiti forum.

Yeah, I can't even find a range with more than a 500 yard line anywhere near me.

After reading about the MOA and Mil systems, I decided the Mil was easier for me.. Not necessarily everyone else.

All my friends that are writers laugh/make fun of me when they find out I'm into guns. Most of my friends that I shoot with think it's so cool that I write. Weird.

All my friends that are writers laugh/make fun of me when they find out I'm into guns. Most of my friends that I shoot with think it's so cool that I write. Weird.

so you tell people about the graff n dance ?????stop snitching on yourself dumdass

• Like 1

so you tell people about the graff n dance ?????stop snitching on yourself dumdass

I'm a grown up, ok? I think I can decide when it is or isn't a good idea to tell other people what I do in my spare time.

graff n dance? is that what the kids are calling it these days?

• Like 2

my homie wants to trade his stoeger coach gun plus cash for my delta elite, as soon as he asked me i said hell yea. i have never even shot the delta so no loss there really. plus i have always liked that coach gun

looks just like this, sorry for the huge pic

coach_large_nickel_black.jpg

it's nickel with either a black walnut stock or synthetic, can't remember which

i donno if this has been posted, but i thought it was pretty cool.

Worlds-First-Double-Barrel-1911-Semiautomatic.jpg

Worlds-First-Double-Barrel-1911-Semiautomatic_1.jpg

Awesome! Why shoot one bullet when you can shoot TWO bullets? This is the AF2011-A1 Double Barrel Pistol by Arsenal Fireams. It is just like a regular pistol, but shoot two bullets at once! Check out more watch the video of it in action!

"The gun can be handled by any shooter able to shoot with a .45 Acp and it is not only very pleasing, but very accurate and great fun. The AF2011-A1 holds amazing and surprising target performance for the shooter:

in fact, it will group all the 8 double .45 caliber rounds (16 bullets) held in the duplex, single columns magazines, in a target of the size of an orange at 15 yards and of a water melon at 25. The stopping power of the AF2011-A1 is tremendous:

2 bullets for a total of 460 Grains weight impacting at 1 to 2 inches apart (depending on the distance of the target) will knock down a bull, while the whole 18 bullets, for a payload exceeding 4000 Grains, can be delivered to the target in about 3 seconds."