gun thread

Teaching my girl to shoot with my Springfield XD9, and my AR.

6786248313_34efbb8213_o.png

Yesterday my grandpa gave me this same pistol, it was one of my great-grandpa's toys from when he was about 44 til his passing. I know its not worth anything in triple digits, but the stories behind it they told me, are.... Been in the fam for 40 years.

Raven Arms MP-.25

here is my pic. to show the box, size, and condition.

6805446167_feb508596b_b.jpg

Now here are some clearer pics stolen off google.

davis%20raven%20019.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

davis%20raven%20020.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

bought an FNP9 with the stainless slide tonight

called like 8 stores only two had any.

didnt know they discontinued em for the FNX which is illegal here for some reason... i guess i missed some epic sales on em. weak! picked it up for 5 even

Whats the deal with gun shows? guns for cheap riight?

Easier to get, no?

it usually depends on your state.

in highly restrictive gun law states or states that outlaw or severely restrict private sales (without ffl transfer) you probably arent going to find any thing cheap. its basically a bunch of dealers. now, if you like to socialize, you'll love a gun show.

it is a way of getting a bunch of dealers together in one place so you dont have to ride around to every gun shop in the area trying to find a certain gun.

however if you live in a more free state, private sales are pretty common. lots of trading, selling, buying, all without FFL transfers. much easier, much less hassle and much cheaper.

all this aside, you'll have to wade through tables of beef jerky, dream catchers and a bunch of other weird shit. but to me its still worth going...you'll eventually find a deal on something

Only reason I go is the bulk ammo, shipping on that shit is redonkuless, and the local gun shops are more geared toward hunters. Last show I went to I picked up two 2000 round cases of wolf 5.56 for $180+tax each. Out the door for under $400.

damn! im in CA and i just went to the SF gun show a few weeks back, .223/.556 rounds were 260$ for 1000 RELOADS.... you got a screamin deal!

what state are you in?!?

Nevada gun shows are are free for all for the most part.... i have never been to any shows like the ones in that state... glock 23 400.00 hand to hand no nothing... and you can haggle with most people. if you DONT have a Nevada license do not buy anything but your beef jerky or books. feds wait in the lots for people leaving with CA plates etc... and if you bought anything you are fucked.

^ back home prices are wild high. best bet is head up to maine(kittery trading post) , and have it transfered to a RI shop, even with the fee you will still save a grip of money.

about the dog thing. back in the mid 90s when i got my first am staf i had a old 1911 hanging around the house that she decided was her chew toy. i shit you not she would gnaw on this gun like a bone. needless to say when ever anyone grabbed a gun or pointed the gun she charged at it to bite it out of your hand. that dog knew what a gun was for sure...

• Like 1

I'm in the process of joining a gun club (since there aren't any public ranges in RI), and I went up there to shoot yesterday. Ending up shooting 10 guns all together, but the best had to be the Mossberg 500 I bought my dad for Christmas, and the AK-74M the vice president let me fuck around with.

The Mossberg was seriously too much fun though

I'm in the process of joining a gun club (since there aren't any public ranges in RI), and I went up there to shoot yesterday. Ending up shooting 10 guns all together, but the best had to be the Mossberg 500 I bought my dad for Christmas, and the AK-74M the vice president let me fuck around with.

The Mossberg was seriously too much fun though

what does the gun club charge for membership?

I've been thinking of joining one as well, they want $350/year. Only other ranges are either indoors and dont let you draw from a holster or charge for membership and make you do some community service shit every year at the range for like 8 hours (ie paint fences, clean shit or whatever)

This one is like $150 a year, and also includes three of those 8 hour shift things a year. The spot is cool though; separate pistol, rifle, and shotgun ranges, trap shooting, a fishing pond, plus full use of their clubhouse for any kind of gathering. Pool table is an added bonus.

Honestly, I almost said no because of the work shift bullshit, but I'm pretty positive I can scam my way out of it

This one is like $150 a year, and also includes three of those 8 hour shift things a year. The spot is cool though; separate pistol, rifle, and shotgun ranges, trap shooting, a fishing pond, plus full use of their clubhouse for any kind of gathering. Pool table is an added bonus.

Honestly, I almost said no because of the work shift bullshit, but I'm pretty positive I can scam my way out of it

The work shift, helping out, is courtesy. Just like in BMX (no dig, no ride.) Just like painting a yard, clean up after yourself....

If its a measly 24 hours a year, do it. Keep your facility, and sunday kick it spot, clean. That sounds like the funnest range around.

.... No offense.