gun thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I thought Cali gun laws were just hard on the AR platforms with those stupid mag-release keys. How are they on hand guns? can you carry there?

Not a fucking ice cubes hope in hell of ever carrying a legal hand gun here unless you are a miner with risk of grizzly bear attack up north.

Cali is a "may issue" state. You have to show cause why you should be allowed to carry IE: stamp collector, coin dealer, jeweler or any other job or hobby where you handle large amounts of money or rare/valuable items. Even then there are restrictions like "may only carry while transporting over X dollars or items of equal or greater value." or only during "normal" business hours. There are also provisions for victims, witnesses and jury members but they are almost never granted.

As far as restrictions on magazines, 10 round max.

Pistols must be on the CA approved list

Damn near all simi-auto rifles are banned, unless modified.

Then there are the ammo restrictions.

That I am not sure about, up here having a restricted (handguns) license is like free warrant for the cops to come into your home at any time and check how you store your arms.

There is 150 fucking rules about how and where and why you need to do and have when your handgun is not at the range of being cleaned.

Also you need paperwork to even transport your handgun to a range.

This is why I try to purchase firearms that slip through the loop holes and are non-restricted. I just bought the JR Carbine in .40 S&W which is non-restricted and has a 10 round semi-auto capacity. It looks like an AR-15 and those are mostly always restricted.

Normally for non restricted a semi-auto mag cap is 5 rounds.

Cliff Notes for the cool starry Bra : Canadian Gun Laws are mostly the ghey

dude in a few months we will be able too cop short barrel pumps and as many SKS or CZ-858's as we want without registering them.

k290645_grizzly2.jpg

zymio.png

i don't care what anyone says about our gun laws up here thats not that strict haha

and if you need a handgun up here its not like you want one that comes with a receipt...

Cali aint got nothing on RI... unless your a cop or a diamond merchant jew good luck EVER getting a CCW. so many restrictions and hoops for handguns its unreal. just taking out of your house to the range is a 10 step process.. also, RI accepts not a single states CCW or anything of the like...

only place worse is our friendly commonwealth neighbor Massachusetts.

i think its comical when CA residents complain when to me CA is like open season!

nah NY, hence the NY Trigger...

in CA you cant buy Gen 4 glocks for some reason. In order to purchase a Gen 4 as a civilian, they have to register the gun through the DOJ as a 'single shot'. Meaning, only one round can be inserted at a time through the ejection port. The magazine cant feed the next round. then you change something and your all set. BUT then your caring an "illegal" firearm. i really dont understand the wording of the "law" but its fucking stupid and has several loopholes i guess? any CA residents shed light on this?

In all honesty I don't understand how the CA DOJ decides which guns are ok and which ones are not. There is some sort of "safety tests" that are conducted and if the guns passes it's cool. Then it goes on the "list" of "approved" handguns, if not it's evil and likely to go on an unprovoked killing spree, possibly even raping nuns. I don't want a Glock so I haven't looked in to it.

Shot my buddy's Savage 110 7mm today. What a beast. Why he get it? I dunno but I'm down for range time haha :D

Also got some center mass shots w my 1022 at 100 yds B)

---

Lookin at possibly getting an FNP-9

Any one have experience w any of the FNP line?

Been trying to find a range that has one as a rental but no luck...

Cali aint got nothing on RI... unless your a cop or a diamond merchant jew good luck EVER getting a CCW. so many restrictions and hoops for handguns its unreal. just taking out of your house to the range is a 10 step process.. also, RI accepts not a single states CCW or anything of the like...

only place worse is our friendly commonwealth neighbor Massachusetts.

i think its comical when CA residents complain when to me CA is like open season!

I know a few people with CCWs, but they're mostly small business owners.

And we can buy a lot of guns that they can't in Cali, starting with anything that holds over 10 shots

I'm picking up my new Glock .45 in a few days (which I decided on because it held three more shots than the Beretta, and six more than the Kimber), and I'm going to Virginia this weekend, so I was all hyped to bring it down there and go wild in the woods with it.

Unfortunately, since the trip includes a pit stop in DC first for a homie's show, I had to decide that bringing it would be a terrible idea

All my mags are illegal in the northeast so I assumed a 10 was too... also if you don't act like an ass as long as you carry your card and have it unloaded in the trunk you can pass under the "peaceful journey" rule. But I know NY as well as DC are just as wild as MA with restrictions. Just look it up...

WHAT IS THIS BEAUTIFUL BOOM STICK?

And is it considered "sawed off"?

its a grizzly 8.5' its a 870 clone, its a piece of crap gun actually hahaha.

but its not considered sawed off, up here in canada the legality of a gun is based on its over all length. with the buttstock its 26' which makes it totally unrestricted, so all you need is a regular gun permit too have one. and in a few months we won't even have too tell the government we have them haha

i got the money for one of these bad boys with a pistol grip for when that law gets changed too hahaha

51660_1.jpg

Planning on going to a range soon, going to be renting from this list of brands (not sure of specific models):

Wilson Combat

Springfield Armory

Glock

Smith & Wesson

Sig Sauer

CZ-USA

Browning

Ruger

Heckler & Koch

Recommendations? Brands to avoid? Only handguns I have fired are Rugers and Glocks in the past so want to try something new but remember reading on here that sig and springfield are garbage as of late?

Thanks