gun thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

atlantic hasnt replenished their stock in months

hope they get some stuff for the holidays im gonna have a tax return burning a hole in my pocket in feb....ARSENALLLL

• 4 weeks later...

Na not yet, Any recommendations? Seems like the gun forums are all about Spikes.

I know I want direct impingement but not too much else. Also, do I need to shop around for a lower parts kit or are they all pretty much the same? (Like I found out about stripped lowers)

As long as they are mil spec you shouldn't have any issues. I used a CMMG kit, it was the cheapest I could find at the time. As always the more you are willing to shop around the better the deal you can find.

The upper is all about what you want to get out of it, the sky is the limit. You could spend $2000 on a free floated, 24" stainless barreled, side charging long-range paper puncher... Or you could find a mil spec DPMS 16" M4 profile A3 upper with BCG for $450 out the door at a gun show like I did and be more than happy with it.

What are you wanting to build, what's the goal?

I def wanna keep it an affordable build. I was looking at the colt 6920 and sign m400 both run about a grand

Said fuck that I can have something good for less if I do some work.

I want something in between long rang precision and railed-out-tactical. No desire for quad rail laser light fwd grip look. Just a clean looking gun w some bad ass iron sights and maybe a 4x scope down the road. I dont care for the a2sight and carry handle look so I'll probably grab something bare and buy what I like instead if replacing things and having extra parts laying around I don't want.

Probably do like you did and grab something from a show.... or wait to see about an after Xmas sale online.