gun thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 2 weeks later...
Guess hes aksin which Springfield 1911, but I think theyd be about the same accuracy besides the 9/.40 one. Always thought the safety was cool. If they made a XD 1911 that could be dope. Damn.

Recently picked up a new Sig 2022. Its right.

I have an XD9. I love it. I was talking about the Springfield 1911 .45, but it also might have been poorly maintained too.

Finally scoped my AR. Shot it yesterday and had a good grouping within 3 inches at 200 yards.

6914286853_221fd5bce5_b.jpg

I have an XD9. I love it. I was talking about the Springfield 1911 .45, but it also might have been poorly maintained too.

Finally scoped my AR. Shot it yesterday and had a good grouping within 3 inches at 200 yards.

6914286853_221fd5bce5_b.jpg

Yeah, I meant which springfield 1911.. I would imagine the accuracy is different from say, their GI model to the TRP vs. something from their custom shop. I was just kind of surprised to hear something bad about springfield 1911 accuracy, especially compared to an XD.

I've been trying to find a decent deal on a Springfield loaded MC operator. Gonna have to sell my Kimber to get it though.

Pretty standard for sighting in a scope or getting a feel for the adjustments of the turrets. Most scopes adjustments are measured in MOA (minute of angle). Each click of the scope turret is usually 1/4 MOA change (on some high $$$ scopes 1/8 MOA) and at 100 yards 1 MOA=1 inch. Well not exactly but close enough that I'd doesn't matter, the difference comes out to 0.47 of an inch at 1000 yards... supposedly. An inch is a nice easy number to work with and most of us can easily visualize in inches. I guess if you use the metric system you're fucked tho.