gun thread

had my money all saved up to buy an Arsenal and i couldnt find them in stock any where, ended up dumping that cash onto a CC bill.... all for the better.

so. close.

Arsenals seem to be out everywhere, especially the sgl series.

SLR's seem to be around in 7.62

Check out waffen werks ak74 variants. the first one i come across at a good price, im getting. i've given up trying to find an sgl31.

if you shoot alot, after about 3000-4000 rounds of 5.45, compared to 5.56, you basically will pay for the rifle with ammo savings.

I'll take a free AK, even though im a died in the wool AR dude.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Na not yet, Any recommendations? Seems like the gun forums are all about Spikes.

I know I want direct impingement but not too much else. Also, do I need to shop around for a lower parts kit or are they all pretty much the same? (Like I found out about stripped lowers)

BCM man.

you wont be disappointed.

parts kits....lmt is what im hearing is good.

I def wanna keep it an affordable build. I was looking at the colt 6920 and sign m400 both run about a grand

Said fuck that I can have something good for less if I do some work.

I want something in between long rang precision and railed-out-tactical. No desire for quad rail laser light fwd grip look. Just a clean looking gun w some bad ass iron sights and maybe a 4x scope down the road. I dont care for the a2sight and carry handle look so I'll probably grab something bare and buy what I like instead if replacing things and having extra parts laying around I don't want.

Probably do like you did and grab something from a show.... or wait to see about an after Xmas sale online.

why settle for less?

predatar556profile.jpg

Got one of these recently. Hands down the best production DI gun on the market at present.

@evil trailer spot on with what I liked in my head without knowing what it was called. Also spot on w price gouging and availability. Going for double what people on YouTube paid six months ago.

@angel LaRue would be dope but price is a bit over the top for what I'll be using it for.

Found one I liked locally (Parallax Tactical)

Alas its sold out

Screenshot_2012-12-06-13-56-14.png

I went to their shop to talk to someone yesterday but it was a mad house in there and I left after about 15 mins.

Arsenals seem to be out everywhere, especially the sgl series.

SLR's seem to be around in 7.62

Check out waffen werks ak74 variants. the first one i come across at a good price, im getting. i've given up trying to find an sgl31.

if you shoot alot, after about 3000-4000 rounds of 5.45, compared to 5.56, you basically will pay for the rifle with ammo savings.

I'll take a free AK, even though im a died in the wool AR dude.

I saw those on the Atlantic site, when the had the ones w plum stock set. Looked em up any everyone had great things tosay.

Now that I have this AR build in the works I'm thinking of just grabbing a wasr. No where local ever carries them though.

With what you've said maybe a 74 would be better for me than a 47 though. I don't shoot often but when I do I shoot a lot at a time. Had my FNP9 less than a year and already have 2000+ rds thru it.

nice.

one of my army friends got one of those a couple months ago.

i tend to avoid 45s cause my little girl hands, but that thing is pretty.

i think i'm getting a second dog instead of a gun this week...

1_pistols_taurus_.17hmr_snub_nose_109917.jpg

though i did pick this up last week for $75. haven't shot it yet. but feels nice.

taurus 17hmr

I saw those on the Atlantic site, when the had the ones w plum stock set. Looked em up any everyone had great things tosay.

Now that I have this AR build in the works I'm thinking of just grabbing a wasr. No where local ever carries them though.

With what you've said maybe a 74 would be better for me than a 47 though. I don't shoot often but when I do I shoot a lot at a time. Had my FNP9 less than a year and already have 2000+ rds thru it.

I havent messed with one, but apparently the waffenwerks are supposed to be giving arsenal a run for their money. especially since arsenal/fime's are non existent right now on the retail market.

I would probably own a WASR, but I dont know enough about wasr's to feel confident in figuring out which ones are good. I dont want to end up with a POS and regret dropping 600$ on it. Especially when waffenwerks are only 100$ more...i'll probably go that route when the opportunity presents its self. If wasr's were still 200-300$ i'd probably have 3, just to have them.

You can still save some $$$ on 5.45 vs 7.62, but the gap is narrower. If ammo availability in future perilous times is an issue, 7.62 might be a better choice. I'd probably stock enough 5.45 to never have to worry about that issue though.

Izhmash announces development of a civilian version of the AK-107, also releasing Saiga-9 carbine in US

Personally, I would be all over this, even if I would have to convert it over from the "sporterized" style importation bullshit.

Saiga-9-carbine-600x481.jpg

This in pistol form would be a great starting point for an SBR.

Saiga-9-600x267.jpg

They also make a .22, (bottom) looks like a blast to plink around with but I doubt it will come over.

4d131a1697bc7bde12aec9727ff8641e.JPG

Picked up my lower and just bought a parts kit online. I guess goddamn bullet button is next

Such bullshit I had to buy a lock for a stripped lower. Makes zero sense.

Screenshot_2012-12-14-19-05-21.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

^^^ anyone? im guessing itll be ok

lower is complete

now waiting for tax return to buy upper... probably gonna get one of these made:

https://www.civtactical.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=114&zenid=q8nucpfqor21o13un9f2ieepp4

stainless spiral barrel looks faggy tho. gonna try to talk w guy and get something else.

i have a bunch of store credit at best buy and its about all i can find that ive ben needing to get in their online store. im getting it for my handgun anyway just curious if 12ga recoil would fuck it up.

5RZRx.jpg

surefires are dope

^^^ anyone? im guessing itll be ok

lower is complete

now waiting for tax return to buy upper... probably gonna get one of these made:

https://www.civtactical.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=114&zenid=q8nucpfqor21o13un9f2ieepp4

stainless spiral barrel looks faggy tho. gonna try to talk w guy and get something else.

Ha, fuck yeah! Good to see Civ is getting more well known for his gun-smithing.

( and its so awesomely ironic that its posted on a GRAFFITI site)

Anyways, glad i built the AR i wanted before the shit hit the fan.

Spikes tactical lower, DPMS upper, 16" stainless steel fluted barrel, magpul everything, adjustable stock, i have 3 different scopes/red dots for it also, and the foregrip in front. Also has the set-screw for the 'bullet button' and few matching OD green 30rd clips.

6914286853_221fd5bce5_b.jpg

I've definitely heard of crappier lights breaking from recoil. where on the shotgun do you plan on mounting it?

I have a clamp for the mag tube tthat has a picatinny on it. So the light would be fwd the fore end left side so my thumb can hit it

i've seen some pretty empty shelves at a few shops, haven't seen prices change yet, but haven't been looking closely either

ammo is also flying off the shelves here.

I'm used to walmart having a few options for 38s and 40s. they had 1 38 box left, no 40, and no 9mm. maybe colorado is worse than elsewhere?