gun thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

well i have put about 700 rounds through that xcr...really nice platform, i would recommend....

I am doing some upgrades to my truck now so I wont be purchasing any firearms for a while...just more ammunition for now...

putting a magpul stock and grip on my JR Carbine tho...

this thread needs some love fer sherr

I built an AR in 5.56, I shot it for a while and now I'm over it. Don't get Me wrong, its great for a home defense carbine and plinker, but am looking to upgrade to something with a bit more punch to it. I would love to build a 7.62 SASS type rifle but the price on an out of the box ready rifle is crazy $8,000-$10,000 easy, and like I said, I want to build it. The problem I run in to is there is no "spec" for those rifles, IE DPMS VS. Armorlite VS several other random pattern rifles. None of these manufactures parts are interchangeable and all the guys that own one pattern say all the others are garbage. So I am left with the alternative, an AR-15, or a dedicated upper in 6.8 SPC, 6.5 Grendel or 300 ACC. Anybody have experience w/ those rounds? Should I build a dedicated upper, or a whole new rifle? I will most likely be using it to take wild pigs, and they are tough little motherfuckers.

Let me add that I'm in CA, so that limits my options. There are shops here that are selling Cali-ized versions of a lot of weapons, but you pay a 50-100% mark up over the regular price. A stripped "offlist" AR lower (10 or 15) is only a 10-20% mark-up as opposed to the 50-100%. Everything else (barrels, bolts, stocks etc) I can just by from the Internet, at market price.

• 2 weeks later...

today i put my 2060'th round of corrosive ass com-bloc 5.45x39 fmj through my Tantal... no fuck ups so far, no cleanings either. granted, this is one of the early interarms Tantals so it was a bit more pricey, but it does have chrome lined internals. it's a damned good weapon i'd have to say, but i wouldnt try it with one of the century tantals(sans chrome) that are running like 350-450 USD now, if you can find one. It slaps the pigs quite nicely. Anyone thats in the market for an AK but doesn't have a lot of shooting experience, I would recommend the Tantal(or similar AK74 platform). All the shooting ergonomics, none of the recoil.

4 stars, would shoot again.

edit: will post pics tomorrow if i remember

Let me add that I'm in CA, so that limits my options. There are shops here that are selling Cali-ized versions of a lot of weapons, but you pay a 50-100% mark up over the regular price. A stripped "offlist" AR lower (10 or 15) is only a 10-20% mark-up as opposed to the 50-100%. Everything else (barrels, bolts, stocks etc) I can just by from the Internet, at market price.

http://blog.riflegear.com/articles/building-a-california-legal-ar-15-rifle.aspx

Found this last night. Nice having links and everythingon one page

Been set on a saiga ak for a while

Now that I have the funds I'm starting to lean ar...

479dab7c.jpg

3b390451.jpg

Couple of friends went back to TN for the week and brought me back my baby.... So excited to go shoot some goose and squirrles!!!

Anyone ever taken apart a semi auto shotgun and cleaned it? She's super over due for it. Didn't know if it would just end up being a pain in the ass..

today i put my 2060'th round of corrosive ass com-bloc 5.45x39 fmj through my Tantal... no fuck ups so far, no cleanings either. granted, this is one of the early interarms Tantals so it was a bit more pricey, but it does have chrome lined internals. it's a damned good weapon i'd have to say, but i wouldnt try it with one of the century tantals(sans chrome) that are running like 350-450 USD now, if you can find one. It slaps the pigs quite nicely. Anyone thats in the market for an AK but doesn't have a lot of shooting experience, I would recommend the Tantal(or similar AK74 platform). All the shooting ergonomics, none of the recoil.

4 stars, would shoot again.

edit: will post pics tomorrow if i remember

And really the most important thing here to consider the fact that you hate juggalos

i want to buy a new gun, but have nooo idea what.

im leaning towards a .22 target pistol, or maybe a sig in 9mm. i want something that shoots cheap ammo but isnt a total piece of shit like a sigma.

small caliber prefered, nice. i already have a .45 caliber that i barely shoot because ammo is pricy and its like smashing a souffle with a sledgehammer. (mutant league football referance gimme prop points)

• 2 months later...

After having two AR-15s for a while now I have finally decided to buy an AK-47 to add to my collection. I see a lot of you guys have them or have friends or family that have them and was wondering what kind they are. I'm leaning towards an Arsenal SLR-107 but like the more traditional ones as well. Any suggestions? Thanks.

It's your money do what you want with it but... Arsenal thinks a bit to highly of its products for my tastes. $950ish msrp, then add tax, DROS, FFL fees and you're over a grand for a stamped AK. The things about the AK design that have made it so successful around the world are the same things that make it appealing to us. It's simple to operate, goes bang every time, and is accurate enough. If you are looking for AR accuracy from an AK, you will be disappointed. Then add low purchase price, maintenance costs and cheap plentiful magazines/ammo, in 7.62x39 & 5.45x39, and it's a great package. I would never pay more than $700 for an AK, even then it better come with lots of extras.

http://centerfiresystems.com/ak_firearms.aspx

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/category.aspx?cid=90

http://www.impactguns.com/category.aspx?zcid=440

After having two AR-15s for a while now I have finally decided to buy an AK-47 to add to my collection. I see a lot of you guys have them or have friends or family that have them and was wondering what kind they are. I'm leaning towards an Arsenal SLR-107 but like the more traditional ones as well. Any suggestions? Thanks.

arsenal all the way.

rifle dynamics new production rifles if you have a lot of money to blow.

or get an arsenal and send it to rifle dynamics.

its down to your philosophy on gear.

what is your life worth? what is it worth to have a dead on reliable well made gun that will last forever? would you rather buy once and cry once or end up with hunks of junk over the next 10 years?

if you just go arsenal, no worries about some bent up, rickety junk.