gun thread

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

empty shelves here

local turners went thru its week stock of .223 the first couple hours their door were open the day the delivery came

my old man bought a bushmaster and had a guy offer him double before he left the store they day he picked up

parts are sold out too. im using a buddies bullet button until i can find one in a store. all 3 local shops are out.

I feel like an ass because I have waited for this long to get my ass in gear for a rifle....

Cashed in some mutual fund dough to make a buy, waiting on my check in the mail.

Thinking I would like simple S&W MP15 set up or if I can't find a decent/affordable AR set up than I may go with an Arsenal AK74.

Trying to make it in before grandfathering with any new rules.

Anyone with info on Bay Area shops to look into let me know....

there is a guy in San Jose who wrote up some legislation...

owners of semi automatic rifles would be required to register it (ok) , take a mental health assessment (hmmmmm) and store their rifle at the police station taking them only when they have a reason (srsly?)

damn a few nut jobs really fuck these things for everyone, almost not worth jumping through all these hoops.

The general misconception is that any statute passed by legislators bearing the appearance of law constitutes the law of the land. The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land, and any statute, to be valid, must be In agreement. It is impossible for both the Constitution and a law violating it to be valid; one must prevail. This is succinctly stated as follows:

The General rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of it's enactment and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it. An unconstitutional law, in legal contemplation, is as inoperative as if it had never been passed. Such a statute leaves the question that it purports to settle just as it would be had the statute not been enacted.

Since an unconstitutional law is void, the general principles follow that it imposes no duties, confers no rights, creates no office, bestows no power or authority on anyone, affords no protection, and justifies no acts performed under it.....

A void act cannot be legally consistent with a valid one. An unconstitutional law cannot operate to supersede any existing valid law. Indeed, insofar as a statute runs counter to the fundamental law of the land, it is superseded thereby.

No one Is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it.

• Like 1

While that sounds nice, it's not exactly realistic or even accurate...

The fact of the matter is no one is buying, making, using or selling mini guns and howitzer cannons. (Although there are a few people out there who legally have a mini gun)

Anyways the Supreme Court has agreed that reasonable restrictions are necessary on some amendments. A billionaire can't buy a nuclear submarine, you can't shout fire in a crowded room, etc.

This is tied to the principle that the Constitution is a "living" document.

Anyone with a good vibe for where things are at in the gun world right now... Would this be a solid buy for $350?

Mossberg Tactical .22

70846.jpg

Awesome, nice choice. That was my entry-level gun i bought before i built my AR-15. I still have that Mossberg .22.

I will post pictures of it close-up and with details tomorrow. Its a very reliable gun, and 350$ is pretty good, i'd definitely get it.

61690.jpg

Just copped one of these as a first rifle....

S&W MP15 .22LR

Couldn't even find anything reasonable, same shop AR's were going for a grand more than MSRP.

This shit is ridiculous right now. I look forward to having this to shoot inexpensively and learn on.

Meh.

(I really wanted to find a S&W MP15 Sport, but like most places shit is not in stock or crazy inflated)

Almost bought a Springfield Arms 9mm, but decided I would rather wait until I can find a Glock in stock somewhere. Dude at the shop was like we can't even keep anything on the shelves.

I would have liked to go with the Sig they had but too pricey at $899.

any advice for what to look for in a good bolt carrier group?

BCG and charging handle will be all i need once my upper gets here.

looks like charging handle is personal preference?

@ boats: I honestly don't see the need for all those ambi charging handles and "tac latches". As for BCG's as long as it meets mil spec and it head spaces right it should be more than sufficient. All the nickel boron and titanium nitride coatings are overkill unless you ride stealth helos in to compounds in Pakistan.