bicicletas

Guest HESHIANDET

I dont think anyones ever answered a question ive asked in here but ill give it a shot once more...

any idea where i can get a 103mm spindle? i dont want to buy a whole new bb since theres nothing wrong with the bearings etc. If i have to then i have to... but i feel like there has to be someone or somewhere to get what im looking for.

i fucked my shit up. and i start going crazy after maybe a week with no bike. day 2.

any ideas? i can find spindles in other lengths but i can only seem to find the whole bb with 103mm.

HELLLLLP MEEEEEEEEEEEEE

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Trying to build a single speed MT bike out of a 90's GT or KONA... this shit is hard to find.

20101113153915142_zkflaqabme.jpg

Picture1-3.png

that kona is rad.

i had a couple of those gt triple triangle frames. what specifically are you looking for? i've got some parts lying about.

i'm no bike mechanic, but it seems they only come in sets for a reason.

also - they're only like 40bucks for the whole shatner.

i know i know. its not much money but id rather not spend it if i dont have to. probably gonna have to. ha.

this kid i know was talking about getting paint "for only a dollar" me and other guy wer elike..yeah but racking it is free.

that kona is rad.

i had a couple of those gt triple triangle frames. what specifically are you looking for? i've got some parts lying about.

Yeah, the triple triangle is what's up! I'm bidding on a Zaskar frame, so I would need basically need everything. I'm thinking I'll get this http://casanovasadventures.com/catalog/bike/p1712.htm for it as well and just run a disc in the back.

Speaking of tri frame gt's - here my single speed gt. this is my night cruiser, and trail shredder :cool: . its a blast on this thing, always a fun time!

downsized1120101509.jpg

picture5sm.png

picture4qdy.png

Just got this 1995 Zaskar frame on e-bay. This is my first single speed mountain bike build (I built my fixed and plenty of 20" over the years), any advice or component suggestion?

just be aware that aluminum welds don't age as well as steel. bikes can be super clean and just snap on some minor shit.

that being said i've got a 99 schwinn homegrown SS conversion that i beat the shit out of and love. what specifically are you unsure of in componentry? (is that a word?) are you more concerned w/ weight or with abuse-taking?

i just sent my brother my 00 zaskar frame today. i really should have kept it, but he is currently bike-less and i felt pity.

The GT frame geometry is killer man.

I'm concerned with abuse, because I usually ride the hell out of my bikes. I need good components, but at a reasonable price and since I've never built one up, I'm just gathering ideas from friends and other sources (such as this thread).

Those triple triangle frames are notorious for being very stiff. If youre riding it on street id put maybe a bigger tire on to make up for the road buzz from the alluminum. Give yourself the widest bar you can handle, that will help as well. Looks like youre gonna need a derailleur or some kind of chain tensioner.

I'm riding it off road. Yes chain tensioner, yes 3 piece cranks, already have clipless pedals, sealed headset, looking at a kore stem, probably some low-end V brakes. No idea on the bars and I'm thinking one of these wheel sets - http://www.bicyclewheelwarehouse.com/mountain/clearance/cat_59.html

The wheelset it my main concern. I need something strong but am not looking to drop a shit ton of money. Double walled would probably suffice.

brakes are the last place you should go lo-end imo. find some XT v brakes, or you can find avid bb7s super cheap. i can't tell from that picture if you've got disc tabs or not.

on my very slow progress 29er build i'm mostly using ebay for parts. i've saved a bunch, but i refuse to put shitty parts on a bike and it will be bad ass when i'm done.

also jenson usa is a good source, and if you're patient speedgoat has killer sales once in a while. also CL, i scored a set of once ridden kenda nevegals for 20 bucks last week.

• Like 1

ok, so i am a bmx person. I know a little bit about road and track bikes, but just enough to not be ignorant. I have an old raleigh robin hood 3 speed that im rebuilding, but its not really very nice. i found this today in a spot for $20... its all stock and it was fuji's top of the line bike when it came out in 87. It has a SUNTOUR gear system and sugino cranks and is in brand new condition. Im not questioning the price cause its obviously a steal, but could this bike be easily enough modded into a single speed or would i be better suited in keeping it stock... OR should i keep my eyes peeled for a better road bike... Thanks for any and all help.

this isnt THE specific bike, but its the same model:

http://chicago.ebayclassifieds.com/bicycles/chicago/1988-56-cm-fuji-sagres-sp-12-speed-index-shifting/?ad=11418516

ok, so i am a bmx person. I know a little bit about road and track bikes, but just enough to not be ignorant. I have an old raleigh robin hood 3 speed that im rebuilding, but its not really very nice. i found this today in a spot for $20... its all stock and it was fuji's top of the line bike when it came out in 87. It has a SUNTOUR gear system and sugino cranks and is in brand new condition. Im not questioning the price cause its obviously a steal, but could this bike be easily enough modded into a single speed or would i be better suited in keeping it stock... OR should i keep my eyes peeled for a better road bike... Thanks for any and all help.

this isnt THE specific bike, but its the same model:

http://chicago.ebayclassifieds.com/bicycles/chicago/1988-56-cm-fuji-sagres-sp-12-speed-index-shifting/?ad=11418516

no easier or harder than any other similar road bike.

buy that shit son.