July 12-12-12 tee - Friday, July 12 at 12pm noon EST

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, LUGR said:

I got mine

Probably already about to sell out

You must hurry

Thanks Raven!

I did this one differently... I printed a bunch and left it on press. Idea being that I can throttle it according o demand and stretch sales out a little longer without it technically being a preorder.

Unsure if I can always do it like that, but I could this time and wanted to be sure everyone got a chance.

Being honest, the challenge has been that Instagram isn't really showing the post / announcement. Metrics suck and this is all a game that requires exposing to a wide audience. This one has done much better than last month, but I can see from the metrics that even with a far better than average conversion rate, the overall audience size is still really small.

Need you guys to help me spread the word please.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, misteraven said:

I did this one differently... I printed a bunch and left it on press. Idea being that I can throttle it according o demand and stretch sales out a little longer without it technically being a preorder.

Unsure if I can always do it like that, but I could this time and wanted to be sure everyone got a chance.

Being honest, the challenge has been that Instagram isn't really showing the post / announcement. Metrics suck and this is all a game that requires exposing to a wide audience. This one has done much better than last month, but I can see from the metrics that even with a far better than average conversion rate, the overall audience size is still really small.

Need you guys to help me spread the word please.

i know there’s an option you can publish ads to pump into peoples feed on Instagram. I dunno if that would be a good option (idk how much it costs). But it could definitely boost sales. The only way I’ve seen this is from the site directly. Your Instagram account has significant amount more outreach, so worth a shot.

1 hour ago, Dark_Knight said:

i know there’s an option you can publish ads to pump into peoples feed on Instagram. I dunno if that would be a good option (idk how much it costs). But it could definitely boost sales. The only way I’ve seen this is from the site directly. Your Instagram account has significant amount more outreach, so worth a shot.

I kicked off an ad camping earlier. waiting to see how it does. so far, doesn't seem to be doing much.

4 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

^ I’m sure there’s plenty of people who would love to have one that have no idea about it

what size did you order?

I bet you sized down to make your muscles look bigger than the really are

• Truth 2
  • LOL! 1

For you guys outside the USA…

Ive gotten a lot of emails about shipping costs. Unfortunately, there’s really nothing I can do about that. We don’t mark anything up, so the cost you see is what the system generates as being our cost and we pass that along. That said, I’ve already arranged with a few people to coordinate holding back a few tees and then sending all at once to group shipping into one package. 

Anyhow, if any of you are on the side line over shipping costs, feel free to DM me and I’ll help however I can. 

• Like 2
  • Props 2

4 hours ago, LUGR said:

what size did you order?

I bet you sized down to make your muscles look bigger than the really are

Got a large. Bc you are correct. I am an extra large human being. Need to size down to remind people that I’m him. 

Edited by Dark_Knight
Im white Jesus
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 2

5 hours ago, misteraven said:

For those that have received them… What did you think? Assuming you agree it’s $12 well spent, but curious about specific feedback. 

For $12 (and only $7 shipping) it's a great deal. The fabric quality is good and the screen printing came out good. I think it's a great shirt. My only gripe is that the the back part of the collar doesn't lay down flat... and just in general, after a few washes, (at least on the 1st bootleg series shirt) the collar isn't as tight anymore. It may just be the blanks that y'all have chosen. I know these are just for the 12-12-12 series and some higher end quality shirts will come out soon. I wear Pro5 blank T's... and what i like about those shirts is the collar is pretty tight and even with a bunch of washes, the collar stays tight.

6 hours ago, CALIgula said:

For $12 (and only $7 shipping) it's a great deal. The fabric quality is good and the screen printing came out good. I think it's a great shirt. My only gripe is that the the back part of the collar doesn't lay down flat... and just in general, after a few washes, (at least on the 1st bootleg series shirt) the collar isn't as tight anymore. It may just be the blanks that y'all have chosen. I know these are just for the 12-12-12 series and some higher end quality shirts will come out soon. I wear Pro5 blank T's... and what i like about those shirts is the collar is pretty tight and even with a bunch of washes, the collar stays tight.

The blanks on the 12 series is actually the same blank 12ozProphet tees were always printed on. It's a classic fit and fabric and pretty much the blank that every skate brand and most street wear brands on the planet have used up until recently. There's a lot of indie brands out now and some of them have gained in popularity, like Shakawear and Los Angeles Apparel. Personally those fit too loose in my opinion and the fabric isn't much better since they're a similar heavyweight, 100% cotton, open yarn knit. We worked on a 100% custom blank... Custom pattern we developed, different type of construction on the collar join and most obviously, far, far better fabric - ultra heavyweight, 100% brushed Pima cotton that is post processed with an enzyme wash to make it extra smooth and soft. Unfortunately, the MOQ on that program is way too high for anything I can do for 12ozProphet anytime soon and we're still looking for an client opportunity via 12ozCollective to sell through enough to hit MOQ, so for now I sourced out what I feel is the best quality open market blank available for the regular 12ozProphet tees. It's still heavy weight, though not as heavy and is also 100% Pima cotton. It's noticeably different and entirely better in my opinion but is also like 2.5x the cost of the blank on the 12 series tees. That said, though a much cheaper blank, the tees we print the 12 series on are known to be long lasting and get softer with time. They don't toque or distort the way a lot of other blanks do and overall fit is a little on the loose side, but still just a classic tee fit, which is why it was used by so many brands. Also benefits from a much wider color range than most blanks, though I'm pretty sure that program will only ever be black and maybe white tees since the idea behind is to keep it very manageable so I can keep it at $12. The main 12ozProphet tees will feature a lot more ambitious concepts and production techniques. They'll also be made available for a longer window of time (supposed to be anyways, but hard to know how popular that program or individual releases will be). The themes and designs will be more ambitious and sophisticated and will also likely one released in a wider assortment of colors. They will be significantly more expensive (the original 12ozProphet tees were in the $40 - $50 range), but I plan to build enough into them that I expect people to view them with just as much value as the 12 series stuff, just on an entirely different level. The idea with the regular 12ozProphet program is to start making the high-end streetwear brands look like they're phoning things home (which IMO, they largely are).

By the way, where the heck is @glorydays and @Mercer these days?

• Like 4