How old are you now and when you found 12oz Prophet?

DETO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I've still got one of the original magazines from I'm guessing 1997 when I was in my early 20's. and I'm getting closer to 50 now.

Fun facts:

• First UN: Dick Hurtzer 2789
  • 2nd account user name !2789!
  • 1st name change: Mercer2789
  • 2nd name change was to Mercer.
  • I didn't look at the forum until 4 years after I stopped painting
  • I thought talking shit anywhere on the internet was dry/self snitching
  • This account was the first one to get an extra tic tac when the props system was introduced
  • I earned that first tic tac when I copy pasted this shit story from someplace, probably Reddit
  • Looking back now, @Mauler5150 was one of the three people that propped that post

• Like 8
  • LOL! 1

A friend in the Philippians convinced me to join. I was hesitant. This account was originally supposed to be a shared account for us to post shit from South East Asia. They never ended up using it. 15 years later they don’t come here anymore but I still do lol.

• Like 7

I'm pretty sure I was 17 when I found this place. Before that I was racking WYWS from borders and deep diving into art crimes.

I'm pretty sure I found this place while trying to order caps from 7th heaven or 4 the hard way or something like that. I'm 42 now. It's been a long shit talking journey. 

• Like 4
  • Props 1

This will be year #19 on here as of this August. So I was 24 when I found this place.

16 hours ago, Mercer said:

I've still got one of the original magazines from I'm guessing 1997 when I was in my early 20's. and I'm getting closer to 50 now.

Fun facts:

• First UN: Dick Hurtzer 2789
  • 2nd account user name !2789!
  • 1st name change: Mercer2789
  • 2nd name change was to Mercer.
  • I didn't look at the forum until 4 years after I stopped painting
  • I thought talking shit anywhere on the internet was dry/self snitching
  • This account was the first one to get an extra tic tac when the props system was introduced
  • I earned that first tic tac when I copy pasted this shit story from someplace, probably Reddit
  • Looking back now, @Mauler5150 was one of the three people that propped that post

Wild, and re-reading that post I don't remember reading it but it was a funny story and was props worthy as such a story reminds Me of when I was in London with My best friend in 2009 and as we were walking down a corridor of the hotel we were staying at we walked past a room with some guy yelling out at his mate "He shit the bed! He shit the bed!" and the combination of the accent, tone and circumstance made us bust out laughing and using "He shit the bed!" as a callback injoke for a while.

Perhaps I would bring it back given the opportunity, yet given I can still remember this forum for "Itz only smellz" (old heads might remember the video and circumstance prompting said comment), I guess it says alot about My sense of humour and why I have stayed posting at this place for as long as I have after abandoning so many other places I once frequented for whatever reasons.

• Like 2
  • Props 1

Yea, I kinda miss the old days on here. I think the thing that got me hooked on channel zero was some Hilarious thread where I think Twinky asked if a girl could get pregnant if she swallowed. At that point, I knew this forum was for me.

I specifically remember someone even found an article about a girl that was born without a vaginal opening that got pregnant because she got stabbed in the neck after drinking dick, and the sperms made their way through her entire torso somehow.

• Truth 3
  • LOL! 1

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

Yea, I kinda miss the old days on here. I think the thing that got me hooked on channel zero was some Hilarious thread where I think Twinky asked if a girl could get pregnant if she swallowed. At that point, I knew this forum was for me.

I specifically remember someone even found an article about a girl that was born without a vaginal opening that got pregnant because she got stabbed in the neck after drinking dick, and the sperms made their way through her entire torso somehow.

Before my time, but have always heard that was Tease.

• Truth 1

I’ve only ever met Shaun Savior and we’re real life close homies now thanks to the oontz. But I consider a lot of folks I’ve “met” on here friends. Shawn, I know you lurk so if you see this say what’s up! 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

3 hours ago, DETO said:

I’ve only ever met Shaun Savior and we’re real life close homies now thanks to the oontz. But I consider a lot of folks I’ve “met” on here friends. Shawn, I know you lurk so if you see this say what’s up! 

I have met quite a few people in person off here back in the day. Everyone was really cool people and fun was had.

• Like 1
  • Truth 2
  • Props 1

32/47 

I lurked for a bit, then started posting mostly in brick slayers and metal heads 

I lurked channel zero a lil longer. It was like double Dutch and I had no idea when to jump in. Yall were savage in here and it moved so fast. lol 

I have met about a dozen heads from 12oz tho. Even from across the pond! 
With the exception of one user-everyone else has been 100! 

• Like 4

Name names!

I've met a couple people I thought were shitbags through here, but I thought they were shitheads before I met them, so it wasn't a shock.

The fact that the heavy majority of people I've met off this forum in the grimey subculture have been (relatively) stand-up people is sort of hard to believe.

Where the fuck is @CACashRefund ?

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

Back in like 2010-13, I met so many Montreal peeps via the "your day in pies" thread it became like a second home for me. I used to get a little dap in NYC since a lot of people knew me from shooting photos for shows, etc. I rarely had to pay to get in clubs there, but in Montreal, I had to stop and dap up half the people in the club when I'd roll through for Mook-Life parties. Got to take part in their ever famous riots up there, etc. Again, all through meeting people through 12oz. Philly was kind of the same thing, just way more on the hood tip.

I worked in the 12oz's Soho Studio one summer as an intern, then later did some paid design work the following summer for Raven. Got to meet a ton of graff idols there. Even worked as a bouncer for OS Gemeos when they did a huge 4 story mural in Hell's Kitchen. Not really in touch with 12oz Philly crew, or the Montreal crew as much these days, but I still talk with Raven pretty regularly, along with a couple of the OG mods. Outside of the forum, 12oz has been a pretty big part of my life off and on over the last couple of decades. 

• Like 2
  • Props 3

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

Back in like 2010-13, I met so many Montreal peeps via the "your day in pies" thread it became like a second home for me. I used to get a little dap in NYC since a lot of people knew me from shooting photos for shows, etc. I rarely had to pay to get in clubs there, but in Montreal, I had to stop and dap up half the people in the club when I'd roll through for Mook-Life parties. Got to take part in their ever famous riots up there, etc. Again, all through meeting people through 12oz. Philly was kind of the same thing, just way more on the hood tip.

I worked in the 12oz's Soho Studio one summer as an intern, then later did some paid design work the following summer for Raven. Got to meet a ton of graff idols there. Even worked as a bouncer for OS Gemeos when they did a huge 4 story mural in Hell's Kitchen. Not really in touch with 12oz Philly crew, or the Montreal crew as much these days, but I still talk with Raven pretty regularly, along with a couple of the OG mods. Outside of the forum, 12oz has been a pretty big part of my life off and on over the last couple of decades. 

Can you get Pony Tony to come back through?

How is he doing these days?

Met some Oontzers living around that I'm still friends with, would consider them good friends and stand up people.  Traveling overseas I met some cool Oontzers too, definitely made my time there dope and I hit them up any time I return.

For the dude I've painted with the most from here, have to say 100% stand up motherfucker.  Got no worries about him out in the field, know he keeps his mouth shut, and I know we're probably going to laugh our asses off on the way to/from.

• Like 3
  • Props 1